Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Donna is gone, what is next?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

We need something new and better to happen. I would like to see Circe resurrect Ares with her magic so they can get revenge against Diana. What ideas do you guys have in mind for whats next?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A storyline for either Circe or Dr. Psycho

Doctor_Ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gone?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_ankh: The witch has been imprisoned and we won't see her for a while (if not never again).

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By dernman

The return of Ares or someone else to take the role of God of War. It just doesn't suit me right that she has it. I get that some argue Athena is also the god of war but that comes from a very different place the say an Ares god of war. Regardless WW is a different being than Athena.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dernman said:

The return of Ares or someone else to take the role of God of War. It just doesn't suit me right that she has it. I get that some argue Athena is also the god of war but that comes from a very different place the say an Ares god of war. Regardless WW is a different being than Athena.

Yeah, you're right Athena being different from Ares. Given how Athena's is more about courage, stragety and skill while Ares is all about the violent and physical aspects of war. Tbh, when Diana became the GoW, I imagined her role being more along the lines of Athena. But now that she's becoming more like Ares, but at the same time she tries to suppress it, I'm just not feeling it.

Maybe they could bring back Ares so he could fight with her to reclaim his title back. Or maybe introduce a Genocide-esque character in the New 52.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@kfabz-23 said:

I agree, what better time than now to start a long term story arc featuring Dr. Psycho; I mean something around 90 issues so we have a new climate around Wonder Woman by the time her 2017 film comes up.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Maybe they can incorporate Enyalios, son of Ares taking claim to being the true God of War

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Replace Donna with Bekka.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@dshipp17 said:
    @kfabz-23 said:

I agree, what better time than now to start a long term story arc featuring Dr. Psycho; I mean something around 90 issues so we have a new climate around Wonder Woman by the time her 2017 film comes up.

You want a 90 issue story arc around Dr. Psycho?

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @kfabz-23 said:

I think they mean 90 issues since the start of the New 52, but who knows?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I think he meant both Circe & Psycho. But still that's crazy, way too long.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @kfabz-23 said:

Ok, maybe 40 issues instead of 90 to not get us over saturated with Dr. Psycho stories or 20 per every 30 issues of new Wonder Woman stories.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @saren said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @kfabz-23 said:

Ok, maybe 40 issues instead of 90 to not get us over saturated with Dr. Psycho stories or 20 per every 30 issues of new Wonder Woman stories.

You want a 40 issue story arc around Dr. Psycho?

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: that story would have a lot of building up.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

@saren: that story would have a lot of building up.

It just seems ridiculous to me to expend 3+ years of time and energy around that ridiculous little man.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I think some good work could be done with Dr. Psycho, he has a good power now all they need is a good creative writer. If DC really want Wonder Woman to be standing strong alongside Batman and Superman, she needs good storylines with a solid rogue list.

Her rogue list has potential for some great stories, they started strong with First Born. Now they should give characters like Circe, Cheetah, Giganta & Dr. Psycho some good storylines

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @saren said:
    @dshipp17 said:
    @kfabz-23 said:

You want a 40 issue story arc around Dr. Psycho?

Yes, why not? I think some great, creative issues can be created. I'm going to post the next installment of my new Wonder Woman origin story soon.

@kfabz-23 said:

@saren: I think some good work could be done with Dr. Psycho, he has a good power now all they need is a good creative writer. If DC really want Wonder Woman to be standing strong alongside Batman and Superman, she needs good storylines with a solid rogue list.

Her rogue list has potential for some great stories, they started strong with First Born. Now they should give characters like Circe, Cheetah, Giganta & Dr. Psycho some good storylines

Great point, but they've already connected Circe, Cheetah, and Giganta to Wonder Woman in the New 52 so far.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kfabz-23

@dshipp17: I like what they done with Cheetah although it was very short. Circe was awesome. Haven't seen Giganta yet. I want her rogue lists to have good arcs like Batman Zero Year, may I add Aquaman villains have been good for the last 3-4 years.

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Well apparently she'll still play a large role in the next arc. But still I think they might bring in Enyalios into the mix. Preferably I would enjoy seeing Circe in the book rather than in SM/WW. I haven't seen Giganta in anything important yet. I would also like to see Cheetah as a leading antagonist and Silver Swan, I always thought she would have made a great character and could have had plenty of room for development. I still hope we get to see First Born again but not too soon. Maybe in a few years.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Finchs got WW up to 40,000, so I guess you guys are happy with them now?

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need something new and better to happen. I would like to see Circe resurrect Ares with her magic so they can get revenge against Diana. What ideas do you guys have in mind for whats next?

Unless they are totally recanting Ares's personality shown so far in the New 52 then I doubt he has any interest in revenge. He seemed pretty happy to retire, and was quite pleased with Diana to be the one to take his place. Don't get me wrong I'd actually prefer he had more negative feelings for Diana.

I'd rather see him stay dead for a while, but maybe he could find ways to screw with her from beyond the grave. I've been playing with an idea for bringing back Devastation. She'd be Diana's childhood imaginary friend, and with the chaotic powers of a young demi-god she accidentally gives her imaginary friend sentience, but not physical form. Diana doesn't realize this though, and the imaginary friend get's trapped in purgatory when Diana outgrows her. Trapped there the imaginary friend grows to resent Diana. Ares comes across her, and while he doesn't have the power to bring himself back to life he's able to give the child a physical body so it can go back to the physical world, and the powers to take on Diana.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.