Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Does Warner Bros know what they're doing with her?

• 63 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@truth_teller: And I am asking what do you think they're going to be. I don't see what's so dumb about it but continue.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: And I am asking what do you think they're going to be. I don't see what's so dumb about it but continue.

yea, i know you dont get it. Its ok, you dont have to.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: Fail to see your point since everyone else in this thread have no problem understanding the point of this thread.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are the supposed rumors for her solo film?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@m_man: Just that she has one. Nothing else.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@agent41 said:
    @dernman said:

@m_man: Just that she has one. Nothing else.

Her movie is well confirmed.

I know that. That's what I was saying.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:
    @mpfly88 said:

@agent41:

Being nominated for an Oscar is an honor. Over a hundred movies are made every year, and when you get nominated by the academy for best actor, that's a big deal. Ben's performance in both Argo and Hollywoodland were great. Hate to burst your bubble but it's stupid to say "Well if they hired Gal Gadot, why not Ben?"

he wasn´t nominated for oscars for those roles. he´s never been nominated as actor.

I looked it up. He was nominated for Best Actor at the BAFTA awards for Argo, and nominated for his portrayal of George Reeves at the Golden Globes, which is a respected award show. So he has been recognized for his acting ability, but some people are still "But he was in Duuuurdevil!!!"

@agent41 said:
    @mpfly88 said:

@agent41:

Being nominated for an Oscar is an honor. Over a hundred movies are made every year, and when you get nominated by the academy for best actor, that's a big deal. Ben's performance in both Argo and Hollywoodland were great. Hate to burst your bubble but it's stupid to say "Well if they hired Gal Gadot, why not Ben?"

No. They don't mean a thing because countless of legendary actors never recived a nomination yet they have a huge legacy in the industry. Ben proved himself a good actor so why shouldn't Gadot have her chance?. Some people just want to assume that she can't do it without any solid proof.

Did you ever think that perhaps those actors were just outshined by other actors in certain years?

I don't disagree with you that Gal should receive a chance to better herself and prove herself as an actress. But she hasn't earned Wonder Woman. None of which she has shown has proved that she, on her own two shoulders, can carry a big major league franchise. It takes a certain amount of screen presence, charisma and acting talent to do that. At least if you want to be respectable. It sounds to me like you guys are just "settling" for Gal Gadot, because it's who they picked and you're gonna go with it. But we all know there are dozens and dozens of much better choices out there. Wonder Woman deserves so much better than this.

I never thought Ben Affleck would be bad in the role, I just think he´ll be serviceable, average. I don´t think he´s going to make innovative, interesting, controversial or unusual character choices.

Affleck is not that type of actor. Everyones excited from the trailer and few lines he´s uttered. I´m not that impressed at all. He´s exactly what I expected him to do when I lamented his casting. All I was saying is I would prefer a character actor like Bale, who might have an interpretation that was more unexpected and inteteresting. I think Jeffery Dean Morgan actually would have been a better Batman and Ben a better Thomas Wayne.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I think they do know what they are doing, because studios have gotten over the phase where they treat the biggest names in comics as second-hand jobs and realized there is really big money to be made if they put some effort into it.

As for the rumors:

WW1 and WW2: I seriously have no problem with Diana being far older than she might appear, like her mother has been around longer than most of western civilization, so whats the real problem here when Diana will always look like she is in her prime and her age is just a figure? Plus I think it would be a nice touch if the BvS movie starts her off with Lex (who's apparently looking) talking about a legendary warrior thats been seen across the world for decades but never recorded as being real. It doesn't even need to be Diana who's this person, it could be Hippolyta in the same outfit.

WW/Bats shipping: Eh, there are worse ideas out there, one of them currently has its own book.

Trevor: I was kinda hoping for Eastwood Jr. for this one, but fair enough. But let me just say I hope he is going to be more like his New 52 self with an agenda outside of following Diana around. I mean, while cute, I pretty much consider it a relic of a bygone age where one person in a danger-fraught relationship like this is super powerful and capable while the other is next to useless save as someone the other has to go save from time to time. Whenever he is going to be alive or not in modern BvS times... here's a thought; maybe he receives a little longevity boost from his visit to Themyscira?

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Apparently they will start filming in London, which I know could mean anything still, but just when I hear news (aka the Steve Trevor news that he may be in more than just WW movies) that I think that it's going to be set in modern times, filming in London is very WWII fishy, which imo, is a bad idea in making Wonder Woman's own story relevant to the modern day and not archaic. She could still be thousands of years old and have heard news from Man's World over the centuries, but be introduced in modern times a la that fateful plane crash.

Again though for the whole London thing, it could be because Detroit and Chicago were already destroyed during BvS and Suicide Squad filming :P

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Outside_85

@outside_85: Apparently they will start filming in London, which I know could mean anything still, but just when I hear news (aka the Steve Trevor news that he may be in more than just WW movies) that I think that it's going to be set in modern times, filming in London is very WWII fishy, which imo, is a bad idea in making Wonder Woman's own story relevant to the modern day and not archaic. She could still be thousands of years old and have heard news from Man's World over the centuries, but be introduced in modern times a la that fateful plane crash.

Again though for the whole London thing, it could be because Detroit and Chicago were already destroyed during BvS and Suicide Squad filming :P

I mentioned this elsewhere, but so far I haven't heard WW has a finished script, so I highly doubt they are filming anything for her movie there. Not yet at-least. What I do think however is that they are in England for BvS filming at Wayne Manor since the 'house' Nolan used as Wayne Manor is located there. (I dont think reusing it is a bad thing since it appears quite often in films and TV).

Aside that, we still don't actually know, how much of a movie they are possibly shooting in London, it could simply be for an opening montage to show Diana/Hippolyta was there under the Blizt or even earlier before the movie cuts to the present day.

Here is an idea perhaps; what if Steve Trevor was an Englishman rather than American? And that his crash on Themyscira is the reason movie Diana is now in London rather than say, Washington?

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By alsummers

@outside_85 said:

Here is an idea perhaps; what if Steve Trevor was an Englishman rather than American? And that his crash on Themyscira is the reason movie Diana is now in London rather than say, Washington?

That would make an interesting twist to the classic origin while not completely ignoring it. I would be all for that if Chris Pine weren't Trevor. I shudder to think what his English accent would be like.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.