Does this Picture prove anything

#1 Posted by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by ReganRuled (20 posts) - - Show Bio

It might have been her making a joke, I don't know. Honestly, I don't mind the idea of her having a girlfriend. I always shipped her with Artemis, haha.

#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks pre-Flashpoint to me anyway so I doubt it matters.

#4 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't think she has a girlfriend, not in d new 52...as quoted it batwoman 12 .." neither m i a sister of sappho"

#5 Edited by WDW (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino: This is from Rucka's run... Wonder Woman is capable of having a favorite girl or (girlfriend) that she trusts the most. And probably unopposed to deriving pleasure from that favorite girl in someway or another as all amazons are based on the standards and setup of there culture, however it would not lesbian relationship. Since she is not a lesbian.

If Wonder Woman never left the island she probably would have a girl friend (favorite girl) eventually. But since she is off the island and not a lesbian that option seems unlikely.

The scan is a reflection of this.... in a joking sort of way.

#6 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer that they kept it ambiguous. I believe Diana would fall in love with someone regardless of gender.

#7 Posted by polo327 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

I prefer that they kept it ambiguous. I believe Diana would fall in love with someone regardless of gender.

agreed

#8 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReganRuled
I remember that, she was making a joke.  

#9 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@UsagiTsukino:

Not sure what that picture would prove other than no one was interested in reading her book...

#10 Posted by ReganRuled (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@RazzaTazz: I thought so! What's your opinion on her having a girlfriend, by the way? Some people think it would 'devalue' her character.
#11 Posted by RazzaTazz (8968 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReganRuled: I don't think it would be true to her character, but as other people have pointed out she would probably be fine with anyone that she could identify with.  For instance she shared a certain amount of intimacy with Julia Kapatelis (though she was more of a mother figure)
#12 Posted by 4_color_image (220 posts) - - Show Bio

In Batwoman #12 she mention she is not a Sister of Sappho. Meaning she is not a lesbian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.