Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Does she have any flaws?

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Personality-wise, I mean.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman

Is boring a personality flaw?

---------------

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sXjXtaM6yRs/hqdefault.jpgI'm just kidding.

Avatar image for deactivated-61d5b935096d2
    deactivated-61d5b935096d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well according to how she was initially represented in the N52 in JL in particular, she's sometimes a blood-thirsty maniac who likes fighting and killing for the sake of it.

But seriously, as agent41 said, she sometimes does the wrong thing. Just because she isn't defined by some particular character flaw like obsessiveness or alcoholism doesn't mean she's perfect.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Does being written by Meredith Finch count?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When written well, very little flaws can surface from Diana. She tries to see the best in her enemies, can be nurturing to her friends and comrades, enjoys a good battle and honing her skills, and as a diplomat has to be stout, resolute, and see what's good for both parties. Only small things about her that could be bad are her being naive about certain issues, or having a short temper. I wouldn't call those major flaws. Diana shouldn't go in a rage, but should seek redemptive and hard broiled justice, for those who have been wronged or hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

She doesn't have a consistent personality to begin with

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11: doesnt seem like it besides being compassionate, there isnt much consistency in the same way i can say Thor is a good person but really cocky. ofc i have my own ideal personality for her that ive seen in stories but unfortunately we dont get to see that as much as i like so i cant say she has a specific personality so i cant pull out any flaw for the character is all. but according to some renditions of the character she can seem a little naive

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the writer. I think under Marston she was very deliberately pretty flawless, meant to represent what a perfect woman could be

Under Perez she was rather naive in the beginning at least

Rucka gave her a bit of a temper, as did Simone and several others that have been mentioned above (John's)

Finch has shown her with both temper and naivete

The list goes on ... but the short answer is yes, she has flaws, what those flaws are varies by writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Depends on the writer. I think under Marston she was very deliberately pretty flawless, meant to represent what a perfect woman could be

Rucka gave her a bit of a temper, as did Simone and several others that have been mentioned above (John's)

The list goes on ... but the short answer is yes, she has flaws, what those flaws are varies by writer

a much better rendition of what i intended to say lol

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

a much better rendition of what i intended to say lol

LOL ... glad to be of service :)

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: We've seen Wonder Woman lose her composure in the heat of the moment but where a temperamental person would've probably gone and done something reckless, she usually shows quite a bit of self-control, given the circumstances. I wouldn't count that as a personality flaw, it's just a tiny chink in Wonder Woman's otherwise immaculate armor.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Kinda depends on what counts as a flaw. Like even if you took Marstons, who had a vested interest in making her perfect, if you succeed you either make her feel inhuman or render her boring.

But as others have said, it depends on the writer what her flaws are, since they tend to tweak her personality to how they see her like:

• Finch; stupid, aggressive, tempramental
    • Azzarello; slightly naive, slightly overconfident
    • Simone; boring, perhaps more easilly frustrated than at other times
    • Perez: naive
    Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can be a horrible friend to have. Trevor Barnes would be alive if it weren't for her, Vanessa wouldn't have been mentally tortured by Dr. Psycho, seduced by Sebastion Ballesteros or turned into the Silver Swan.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She can be a horrible friend to have. Trevor Barnes would be alive if it weren't for her, Vanessa wouldn't have been mentally tortured by Dr. Psycho, seduced by Sebastion Ballesteros or turned into the Silver Swan.

Does that count as a flaw for her personally though? It's not like there aren't girls in other heroes refrigerators

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: she's evil. I believe she is completely aware of her gods history of cruelty. I believe she wants mankind to be enslaved by those gods.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her warrior upbringing causes her to solve problems callously and without a cool head, she's very bloodthirsty and is always willing to kill enemies even in front of no killing heroes like Batman, Flash and Superman, she's kinda cocky and overestimates her capacity when she fights big threats like Darkseid or Ares, and finally she is impatient and irrational when she acts on her own priorities.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No, she's fine asf!

alsummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By alsummers

There are times where I think she has her wires crossed. Depending on the writer of course but there are cases where she's cold and callous towards her allies but in the same breath be kind and compassionate towards enemies in all the wrong situations. I noticed this in Finch and Simone's run and somewhat in John's Justice League, but I think it happens in other versions of her as well.

I agree with @scorpio_cassadine. She can be a very cold friend to have at times (which is probably in part because of the constant shuffling of her supporting cast, so it limits her ability to really get close to anyone). You're better off just being an acquaintance.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Sort of hard to improve on this answer

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

Sort of hard to improve on this answer

:)

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her warrior upbringing causes her to solve problems callously and without a cool head, she's very bloodthirsty and is always willing to kill enemies even in front of no killing heroes like Batman, Flash and Superman, she's kinda cocky and overestimates her capacity when she fights big threats like Darkseid or Ares, and finally she is impatient and irrational when she acts on her own priorities.

This is only when written by Geoff Johns.

Her normal flaws are usually being blind to others' short comings and being single-minded in solving tasks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.