Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Do YOU like the Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman?

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys! 2014 marks the 40th anniversary of when Cathy Lee Crosby's version of Wonder Woman came out!!

Her outfit reminds me of the O'Neil era of Wonder Woman. Does anyone else like Crosby's incarnation?

OH!

And it just occurred to me that September (7th to be exact) marks the 40TH anniversary since the female superhero Isis debuted on TV.

And yet, the news in the media today in the Middle East is that the ISIS group is fighting fiercely. Hmmmmm. VERY interesting!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By CSG_CL

the Cathy Lee Crosby movie was mildly entertaining ... it was much more of an Avengers (British TV Avengers) rip off than a true play on WW and yes, as was the O'Neil era of the book, so it's no surprise that you see the similarity. If you ignore that she was supposedly Wonder Woman in the movie it's actually not half bad as a little adventure flick. Of course, it doesn't even come close to the WW TV series with Lynda Carter IMO ... which holds up pretty well even more than 35 years later. funny thing about fashion is that it comes back around so the seasons set in the 70's have flashes of modern looks to them!

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey folks, I think its providence or fate or something that THIS year marks the 40th anniversary when Isis came onto TV,

AND its when the middle eastern group ISIS is making headlines

I don't think its coincidence...

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin: I'm fairly certain that the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria weren't thinking a whole lot about a 1970's TV show, nor were major news outlets throughout the world. And they've been around since the late 1990's in any case.

And why would an organization looking to establish a hardline Islamic caliphate want any connection to a pagan goddess?

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO. I was talking about supernaturally.

Just because I said something's not a coincidence, doesn't mean that the people involved were the ones who schemed it out. There is the possibility of supernatural forces. Synchronicities and all.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin: still not working since ISIS (terrorists) have been around for 20+ years.

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: your reply still doesn't address the supernatural issue I brought up. You're still thinking Earthly.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin said:

@csg_cl: your reply still doesn't address the supernatural issue I brought up. You're still thinking Earthly.

that's because we're talking about a very earthy topic. your premise is faulty as your trying to draw a connection between a fictional character's 40th anniversary and media coverage about a terror organization that has been around since the 1990s ... the only coincidence here is that you seem to have only learned about ISIS recently.

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natvin

NO matter what the initial nature of the topic is, you can still talk about the spiritual/supernatural, duh.

And since i'm trying to bring up a spiritual/supernatural point to all this, it would do you well to talk about THAT point.

Pretending not to have the right side of your brain is NO excuse to PRETEND like this topic can ONLY be talked about in the Earthly sense.

And the fact that you THINK (in YOUR perception) that I JUST learned about ISIS tells me that you're TRYING to turn off your rightside of the brain. Not good. That's an indication of over-ego. Not good at all.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin: I find it borederline offensive that you are trying to draw a childish connection between a 40 year old TV show and the deaths of thousands at the hands of a terror organization simply because there is a similarity between the name of the main character and the acronym ISIS. This organization didn't suddenly appear on the date of the anniversary (as I've said before they have been around for decades), they didn't pick the name ISIS as some tribute to a pagan goddess nor have they done anything to remotely connect them to the goddess or the TV show. This isn't about "right brain" it's about simple common sense.

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natvin

@csg_cl: Well I find it pathetic that you STILL don't get what I'm saying, and yet, making your own egotistical assumption. Which btw, is also insulting.

And yes, this conversation IS about left/right brain thinking. But I'm probably wasting my time trying to talk to you who are stuck in the one-track mindedness of ego.

Oh, and for the benefit of anyone else reading this, it doesn't matter what the nature (ie. earthly) of any thing is. If your conversation or argument is ABOUT spirituality or whatever else, then the conversation is about spirituality or whatever else!

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin: What are you talking about? You keep trying to draw a conclusion between two totally unrelated things based in a faulty assumption.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lol.

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh. Some poeple NEVER learn...

o.o.

>

----

@csg_cl

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin said:

Sigh. Some poeple NEVER learn...

o.o.

>

----

@csg_cl

because some people don't haven anything relevant to "teach"

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

because some people don't haven anything relevant to "teach"

Such as YOURself.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: You keep perpetuating this BS....how old are you, 12?

Its settled then. Everyone in here should disregard you, since you're just some kid playing on his parent's computer, talking smack.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natvin: LOL ... Or you just have absolutely nothing to support your point and are now throwing a tantrum.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Never watched it

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was a pretty accurate synopsis of the movie.

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.