Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Did You Know These Facts About Wonder Woman?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

um, i made this and i would like to know your thoughts on it. Hope you enjoyed :)

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hawk80
    Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
    AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk80: oh, i'll change that. Thanks

@fatmen said:

Thats cool.i didnt know some of those things

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Nice video! But the first live action WW was Cathy Lee Crosby and that's only if you don't count the 60's comedy pilot starring Ellie Wood Walker. They're both on youtube.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By dernman

Anyone who thinks the reason SM and BM are fighting in the movie because they're in love with WW is an idiot.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By dshipp17  Online

I learned one thing about a possible name change for the official publication, but, the clay origin was actually a later addition by George Perez.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By makhai

@dshipp17 said:

I learned one thing about a possible name change for the official publication, but, the clay origin was actually a later addition by George Perez.

Sorry but no. The 'made of clay' origin was from the original Wonder Woman. There are two Pre-Crisis Wonder Woman; Earth One and Earth Two. Earth Two is the first (1941 first appearance) and Earth One (1958 first appearance). Both were made from clay.

George Perez was charged with launching the Post Crisis Wonder Woman (1986 first appearance) and making her lore less convoluted, which he did wonderfully. But he is not the creator of the clay origin idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.