Did eny one see the wonder woman pilot ?

#1 Posted by ALT (152 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard they changed her history to a human business type by day who fights crime by night type.

Personally I'd like to change the history of what ever idiot thought that up from hired to fired

#2 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I know someone who's seen it, and she's kind of like Bruce Wayne, except she's Wonder Woman...

#3 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

i saw it and it sucked ...actually i just skipped through most of it..it was around 40 mins long but i think i saw only around 15 mins of footage...admitedly it wasnt fully edited so some of the wires could be seen.... but still it was horrible....

1.she runs "themyscira industries".... guess she is some kinda billionaire... didnt watch d full episode so m nt too sure..

2.she cannot fly..and she flies around in a couple of white plastic toy jets...which looks like it has been taken straight out of a asylum movie

3.she was pretty pissed off about the overemphasis on her "assets" in her toy line and was pretty liberal with using d words "tits" and "ass"

4.she came across as a snotty bitch

5.the acting sucked

6.fr some unknown reason for the final showdown with around 2 dozen baddies she decides to ditch the pants and show up in her shorts..then again..maybe there was a valid reason...i wudnt knw cz i skipped through most of it...

at least adrianne palicki could pull off d looks ..i know its difficult to believe after lookin at the pictures but she was nt that bad...she looked tall enough and with a little makeup she actually did pull of the mediterranean look

all in all... i m glad that show never got to see d light of day

#4 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

This show was a complete fail, They ruined her! If only they sticked to her original history, put more money and effort into it, the show would still be on ... if only.

Idiots who changed WW, fricken hell.

#5 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the show and it was fine for a Wonder Woman TV pilot

.Most of the complaints are about how much the character was not like Wonder Woman in the comics. Which is silly because Smallville was succsessful even thought it was not like the comics.

@TAneT62 said:

This show was a complete fail, They ruined her! If only they sticked to her original history, put more money and effort into it, the show would still be on ... if only.

What Original Story are you referring to? Put more money into what? the pilot you saw was not even a finished version. It was not even ment for the public to see. How can you cram everything about Wonder Woman into a 40min TV show?

@cloudzackvincent:

6.fr some unknown reason for the final showdown with around 2 dozen baddies she decides to ditch the pants and show up in her shorts..then again..maybe there was a valid reason...i wudnt knw cz i skipped through most of it...

If you only watched 15 minutes of it how can you even comment about how good it was. Anyway the pilot was an unfinished pilot. in one scene she enters and elevetor in dark blue pants and exits in light blue pants. On one of the shots over looking the streets of LA a message a appears saying ADD POLICE CARS. This was an unfinished pilot and not ment to be released.

All the ideas seen in the show where taken DIRECTLY from the comics all thought they expanded on it. Kelley did not make anything up

1. Yes Wonder Woman has Theymisciara Industires and she was a billionaire IN the TV SHOW. The comics don't really give any information about her employment during the day when she is not being Wonder Woman. However in the Wonder Woman comics it is referenced she makes money from selling her merchandise. and being a public figure. Thats how she got money. sound familiar? Taking it one step further and turning all that fame into something useful makes sense for a TV movie That concept could easily be explained in the TV show

2. She can not fly. So What neither could Clark Kent in Smallville big deal. The special effects needed to make somone fly and look good is expensive and rarely used in TV anyway. Current Wonder Woman does not fly either

she was pretty pissed off about the overemphasis on her "assets" in her toy line and was pretty liberal with using d words "tits" and "ass"

3. She was pissed off about the overempasis on her assets in her toy line. That idea also comes directly from the comics. The board room SCENE is classic Wonder Woman. Here is proof below the comic Notice Wonder Woman in comic makes reference to her agent. and Wants to get involved in the approval process. Kelley did not make that up

she came across as a snotty bitch

You only watched 15minutes of the show at what point in the show did she seen snotty or a bitch?

In the show she was stubborn opinionated, fearless yet caring. She was ready to put everything on the line even her reputation to help others just like in the comics.

I know someone who's seen it, and she's kind of like Bruce Wayne, except she's Wonder Woman....

In what regard is she even remotely like bruce Wayne? because they say she has money? Thats where it ends

NO she is not like Batman or Superman in the TV show the character felt like Wonder Woman. In comics Wonder Woman has a history of doing things outside the law if she thinks its right and she is fearless about it. she does not hide her opinions and actions nor wait for perfect situations to express them. That side of wonder woman was seen in the TV show

6. The TV pilot was not even finished she changed costumes on and off for no reason. The TV pilot was basically a proof of concept and not supposed to be a truly coherent story. The public was not supposed to see it.

7. Adrianne Palicki made a fine TV Wonder Woman

Why? what would the harm been. It cost you no money to make and you could easily just not watch it.

I mean it was ONE unfinished pilot episode. It was not a stand alone movie. Any good show should last a least 3 seasons plenty of room for improvement of character ETC.

I mean ask yourself as a wonder woman fan. are you really glad that Wonder Woman is not a TV show? are you really glad that pretty much all hope of any type of Wonder Woman project is now pushed back even further? What did you actually win?

This show should have been picked up. The pilot was not finished but the proof of concept worked . I think Kelley did a great job. He left us with so many unanswerd questions that could have been revealed gradually during each episode. He opened the DOOR to a lot of potental drama.

To bad NBC decided to leak the script to various websites to get out from paying the Wonder Woman Licence FEE. The Wonder Woman Fan community did exactly what NBC wanted them to do. We all got played and most still do not realise it.

Anyway its all water under the bridge now.

#6 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: first of all not all d points were made intended as complaints... i hv no problem with the show nt being exactly like d comics....those were just points i was making fr d benefit fr d OP.. and regarding "her being angry about the overemphasis on her assets".. i mentioned it in relation to her using the wrds "tits" nd "ass" very liberally...and i m quite aware that she couldnt always fly...that was just a point i mentioned... and on a unrelated note...she can be seen flying in justice league in the DCnU..and maybe she will soon be flying even in her own solo..but covers can be misleading though..and i will summarise by saying that i thought the show sucked cz the acting and effects and the action sucked.... its my opinion...u r welcome to disagree but u dnt hv to be hostile about it...i am not here to argue

#7 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudzackvincent:

Ok I totally understand... its your opinion and I respect it. but by your admission you only saw 15 minutes of the pilot and also did not really understand some aspects. So I figured I would explain some. Again this was an unfinished pilot episode which was not ment for public viewing. Its almost always the case that pilot episodes have a bit of flat acting since the actors are not fully comfortable with there roles. Seinfeld TV show was almost painfully dry yet as the episodes when on the actors became more comfortable in there roles and it became very good.

Its almost as if you are rating this as a finished a polished show. Anyway you can have your opinion sorry if I come off hostile nothing personal.

#8 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: its all cool.... and u hv cnvinced me to watch it again..at least one more time..maybe i'll get back to u then ;P

#9 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloudzackvincent: LOL ok. Deal :P

#10 Posted by Ms. Omega (4404 posts) - - Show Bio

I did I wish I could unsee it.

#11 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

I will eventually become a cult classic! Lois and Clark, Smallville, The original Lynda Carter VersionWW, Birds of Prey, The Cape, The Flash and the incredible hulk, and Adam West in Batman have NOTHING on this show.

#12 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

It was an abomination

#13 Edited by 4_color_image (217 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the pilot on a flash drive. It will be an interesting footnote in the Wonder Woman mythos & could have been a cool Elseworld story. My main beef with the pilot was that it somewhat ripped off a story line from the Captain America Comic in the mid to late 1980s. It was basically Batman Meets Captain America/ US Agent in Ally McBeal's body!

Also the Etta Candy currently appearing in the Justice League comic is the same Etta Candy from the TV Pilot!!!

#14 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84637 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW said:

I saw the show and it was fine for a Wonder Woman TV pilot

.Most of the complaints are about how much the character was not like Wonder Woman in the comics. Which is silly because Smallville was succsessful even thought it was not like the comics.

@TAneT62 said:

What Original Story are you referring to? Put more money into what? the pilot you saw was not even a finished version. It was not even ment for the public to see. How can you cram everything about Wonder Woman into a 40min TV show?

@cloudzackvincent:

If you only watched 15 minutes of it how can you even comment about how good it was. Anyway the pilot was an unfinished pilot. in one scene she enters and elevetor in dark blue pants and exits in light blue pants. On one of the shots over looking the streets of LA a message a appears saying ADD POLICE CARS. This was an unfinished pilot and not ment to be released.

All the ideas seen in the show where taken DIRECTLY from the comics all thought they expanded on it. Kelley did not make anything up

1. Yes Wonder Woman has Theymisciara Industires and she was a billionaire IN the TV SHOW. The comics don't really give any information about her employment during the day when she is not being Wonder Woman. However in the Wonder Woman comics it is referenced she makes money from selling her merchandise. and being a public figure. Thats how she got money. sound familiar? Taking it one step further and turning all that fame into something useful makes sense for a TV movie That concept could easily be explained in the TV show

2. She can not fly. So What neither could Clark Kent in Smallville big deal. The special effects needed to make somone fly and look good is expensive and rarely used in TV anyway. Current Wonder Woman does not fly either

she was pretty pissed off about the overemphasis on her "assets" in her toy line and was pretty liberal with using d words "tits" and "ass"

3. She was pissed off about the overempasis on her assets in her toy line. That idea also comes directly from the comics. The board room SCENE is classic Wonder Woman. Here is proof below the comic Notice Wonder Woman in comic makes reference to her agent. and Wants to get involved in the approval process. Kelley did not make that up

she came across as a snotty bitch

You only watched 15minutes of the show at what point in the show did she seen snotty or a bitch?

In the show she was stubborn opinionated, fearless yet caring. She was ready to put everything on the line even her reputation to help others just like in the comics.

I know someone who's seen it, and she's kind of like Bruce Wayne, except she's Wonder Woman....

In what regard is she even remotely like bruce Wayne? because they say she has money? Thats where it ends

NO she is not like Batman or Superman in the TV show the character felt like Wonder Woman. In comics Wonder Woman has a history of doing things outside the law if she thinks its right and she is fearless about it. she does not hide her opinions and actions nor wait for perfect situations to express them. That side of wonder woman was seen in the TV show

6. The TV pilot was not even finished she changed costumes on and off for no reason. The TV pilot was basically a proof of concept and not supposed to be a truly coherent story. The public was not supposed to see it.

7. Adrianne Palicki made a fine TV Wonder Woman

Why? what would the harm been. It cost you no money to make and you could easily just not watch it.

I mean it was ONE unfinished pilot episode. It was not a stand alone movie. Any good show should last a least 3 seasons plenty of room for improvement of character ETC.

I mean ask yourself as a wonder woman fan. are you really glad that Wonder Woman is not a TV show? are you really glad that pretty much all hope of any type of Wonder Woman project is now pushed back even further? What did you actually win?

This show should have been picked up. The pilot was not finished but the proof of concept worked . I think Kelley did a great job. He left us with so many unanswerd questions that could have been revealed gradually during each episode. He opened the DOOR to a lot of potental drama.

To bad NBC decided to leak the script to various websites to get out from paying the Wonder Woman Licence FEE. The Wonder Woman Fan community did exactly what NBC wanted them to do. We all got played and most still do not realise it.

Anyway its all water under the bridge now.

Informative post. Thanks.
#15 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: From what i saw from that 40 min pilot is the biggest fail of all ... Yes, the pilot sucked, every other person thinks so, changing her history to a stuck up business woman, her costume looked like colourful plastic .... I said original history not story, her amazonian history.

#16 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@TAneT62 said:

changing her history to a stuck up business woman

They changed her history to a STUCK UP business person? I am very curious to know in what scene she appeared to be stuck up to you

I said original history not story, her amazonian history.

This was not even an origin story. All her original Amazonian history is still intact. What makes you think they changed her history? All of that original Amazon history was going to be in future episodes. Nothing in this pilot suggested that her amazonian history was changed. She even referes to herself as an Amazon. The original story board for the pilot episode have her on paridise island also.

her costume looked like colourful plastic

Her costume changed like 4 times in the pilot and had there been other episodes they could have easily tweaked it more.

the pilot sucked, every other person thinks so

No clearly every other person does not think so if you read reviews. as I said before this was not suppposed to be aired it was a proof of concept. Birds of prey had an unaired pilot that was completey different from the first released episode. I believe smallville also had one.

Look its your opinion to say it sucks but clearly you are confused about the plot, Theme and timeline of the episode you saw

#17 Posted by cattlebattle (12600 posts) - - Show Bio
@WDW: Nice breakdowns.....

I honestly didn't think it was that bad...people have to understand, pilots always look like crap, because the show has found its "groove" yet, but, WDW already covered this...and everything else apparently

I would have preferred the actress playing Diana to have put on a bit more muscle...but oh well.
#18 Edited by wwmm (20 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW thought the pilot was a good start to lunch wonder woman kinda lay the base of how the story will go. The custome however is really really really bad- but Adriane did a wonderful job, other than the costume I think it has a very good potential- I think people talk negative about the pilot because of the costume (people really did not liked it at all and everyone else made a conclusion that the pilot is bad because they heard it from someone who know someone who have seen the show). I often just come here and read the board and have no intention to even sign up – but after reading one of the comments that everyone thinks the show was bad, I had to say something that I disagree- even my mom who is a fan of Lynda likes the pilot. it sad that people who thinks they are a wonderwoman fan would rather see everything wonder woman (comics/show/movie) get cancelled if they disagree on how wonderwoman is being portrait.

#19 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by TAneT62 (1059 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW said:

@TAneT62 said:

changing her history to a stuck up business woman

They changed her history to a STUCK UP business person? I am very curious to know in what scene she appeared to be stuck up to you

I said original history not story, her amazonian history.

This was not even an origin story. All her original Amazonian history is still intact. What makes you think they changed her history? All of that original Amazon history was going to be in future episodes. Nothing in this pilot suggested that her amazonian history was changed. She even referes to herself as an Amazon. The original story board for the pilot episode have her on paridise island also.

her costume looked like colourful plastic

Her costume changed like 4 times in the pilot and had there been other episodes they could have easily tweaked it more.

the pilot sucked, every other person thinks so

No clearly every other person does not think so if you read reviews. as I said before this was not suppposed to be aired it was a proof of concept. Birds of prey had an unaired pilot that was completey different from the first released episode. I believe smallville also had one.

Look its your opinion to say it sucks but clearly you are confused about the plot, Theme and timeline of the episode you saw

Ok then, well you clearly summed that up on what you thought .... Was just my opinion was all. It was just wrong how they they re-did WW, the concept of it was awful, the plot, they bad guys and her fighting, the acting was alright, though her fighting scenes .... they were just poorly acted. Coming across something like this is kinda a disgrace towards WW, they should have thought it through more, more effort was clearly needed, her costume, again, was a plastic wrap around her, was just, awful to me. That is how i felt

#21 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno. I like it. But I can see why people dont. I dont think thats the best direction for WW, would prefer the Azarello version to be made into a horror show.

#22 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

The actress was great. But the problem was that she had like 3 identities and she has dolls. They made dolls of her so she could fund herself being Wonder Woman or whatever. There was just too much nonsense going on.

#23 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@oraclefyre said:

The actress was great. But the problem was that she had like 3 identities and she has dolls.

Yeah a lot of people are confused about this. Well she only had one secret identity. Wonder Woman/Diana Theymiscara is one identity everyone knows Diana Theymiscara is Wonder Woman the whole world knows this. Just like everyone knows Tony Stark is Ironman in the movie. Its not really 2 separate identities.

Her SECRET identity is Diana Prince. Its not a public identity. Its the same concept when movie stars check in hotels under different names. ETC ETC.As Diana Prince she can get mail in the Diana Prince name buy groceries and generally go about her business without being Wonder Woman/Diana Theymiscara. Its a common practice among very famous people in the real world.

They made dolls of her so she could fund herself being Wonder Woman or whatever. There was just too much nonsense going on.

In comics Wonder Woman did not have a real job like Superman and she did not inherit a billion dollar company like Batman. She also did not have an official secret identity However, Diana had an extremely ambitious agent named Mindi Mayer and she authorized her agent Mindi Mayer to create and mass market Wonder Woman Dolls . Diana signed deals for a Wonder Woman comic and a Wonder Woman movie in addition. She also got paid to show up on interviews Larry king Donahue all the popular talk shows at the time. All this happened in Wonder Woman comics and is continually referenced.

Its certainly not far fetched to say in a TV show adaption she got rich from selling her likeness in order to fund her missions as Wonder Woman. You don't have to like it one bit but. Kelley was following wonder woman source material not just making things up

#24 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

If anyone is still in the dark, here, watch a review on the things wrong with the pilot

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/specials/33934-wonder-woman-2011

skip to 4:26, when the review actually starts, to avoid the lead in stuff

this pretty much sums up what was wrong with the pilot. It really didnt have any WW vibe to it. Businesswoman, killing some random security guard with a steel bar. I mean, she didnt even seem to have powers, she seemed peak human or enhanced human at best. And her lasso didnt work, and she was torturing people. wth. and yes she was stuck up, she was like totally negative. Her whole personality was negative EXCEPT when she was in her secret life's house, with her cat, watching TV. WHAT THE HECK Adrianne Palicki seems to be able to pull the job, but she didnt have anything good to work with, that's for sure. Maybe with different writers

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish I hadn't........

#26 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@Ravager4 said:

If anyone is still in the dark, here, watch a review on the things wrong with the pilot

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/specials/33934-wonder-woman-2011

skip to 4:26, when the review actually starts, to avoid the lead in stuff

this pretty much sums up what was wrong with the pilot. It really didnt have any WW vibe to it. Businesswoman, killing some random security guard with a steel bar. And her lasso didnt work, wth. and yes she was stuck up, she was like totally negative. Her whole personality was negative EXCEPT when she was in her secret life's house, with her cat, watching TV. WHAT THE HECK Adrianne Palicki seems to be able to pull the job, but she didnt have anything good to work with, that's for sure. Maybe with different writers

Its funny that everybody is upset about the security guard however they fail to mention that the security guard was actually the last line of defense protecting Veronica Cales illegal lab which experimented on innocent people resulting in there death. The security guard knew this for sure. Also Wonder Woman is the most popular person in the world. Are you going to tell me the security guard did not know who she is and what she can do? Also the security guard just opened fire on her and in the process killed one of his own men. Did Wonder Woman need to kill him? NO but he certainly was not a RANDOM innocent security guard just doing is job. That scene is symbolic to Wonder Woman Comics issue 219 when she killed MAXWELL LORD. in that comic she was also caught on camera doing it and had to deal with the consequences. That is probably the most DRAMATIC thing in Wonder Woman comic book history and it happened in Greg Rucka's run which is probably the most popular Wonder Woman comic book run and the issue Kelley probably based a lot of his Wonder Woman character on. The reviewers are clue-less to Wonder Woman's history

I mean, she didnt even seem to have powers, she seemed peak human or enhanced human at best.

She had WAY over peak human abilities. She kicked and easily moved a shipping container which typically weigh over 8 tons empty and can hold up to 30 tons

and she was torturing people.

Everybody she beat up or "tortured" where on a super solider drug which made them much stronger than the average human possible on Captain Americans level. Seriously we have all seen Wonder Woman do much much worse things in comics.

If you ever watched the justice league animated TV show pay special attention to the Wonder Woman character in the show. She has almost exactly the same attitude as Kelleys version. pay special attention to the episode Titled HAWK and DOVE season 4. wonder woman is acting almost exactly like Kelleys Wonder Woman

#27 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW said:

Its funny that everybody is upset about the security guard however they fail to mention that the security guard was actually the last line of defense protecting Veronica Cales illegal lab which experimented on innocent people resulting in there death. The security guard knew this for sure. Also Wonder Woman is the most popular person in the world. Are you going to tell me the security guard did not know who she is and what she can do? Also the security guard just opened fire on her and in the process killed one of his own men. Did Wonder Woman need to kill him? NO but he certainly was not a RANDOM innocent security guard just doing is job. That scene is symbolic to Wonder Woman Comics issue 219 when she killed MAXWELL LORD. in that comic she was also caught on camera doing it and had to deal with the consequences. That is probably the most DRAMATIC thing in Wonder Woman comic book history and it happened in Greg Rucka's run which is probably the most popular Wonder Woman comic book run and the issue Kelley probably based a lot of his Wonder Woman character on. The reviewers are clue-less to Wonder Woman's history

Maxwell Lord was a highly dangerous super villain that left Wonder Woman no choice but to kill him. Not only did this destroy her reputation with the public when people found out about it, but also put her friendship with Superman and Batman on ice after it happened. In the pilot, there is no reason for her to just casually murder the guy, who most likely had a family, after violently storming a facility that she had no solid evidence that any wrong doing was being done when she got there. And then, people applaud her actions, making no mention of her killing people, which was captured on multiple security cameras no less. In the real world, she would have been charged with, you know, murder, no matter how good her intentions. They also chose to have her torture a person to gain any information, when all they needed to do was, you know, have her lasso of truth work like it was supposed to. She consistently spits in the face of regular legal practices, breaks the the law, and is downright cruel.

#28 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLL Omg, I seriously had an enormous laugh right now.

And I find it funny you totally dismissing the Lasso of Truth. But okay, okay.... You win! That's what you want to hear right? Well, Im gonna call WB and tell them right away to get the show running and put it on the air, because I was so wrong, when I thought the pilot and the idea for the show totally sucked. Oh god

seriously......

@Ravager4 said:

They also chose to have her torture a person to gain any information, when all they needed to do was, you know, have her lasso of truth work like it was supposed to. She consistently spits in the face of regular legal practices, breaks the the law, and is downright cruel.

Im glad someone here actually understands this...

#29 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@WDW: LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLOLL Omg, I seriously had an enormous laugh right now.

And I find it funny you totally dismissing the Lasso of Truth. But okay, okay.... You win! That's what you want to hear right? Well, Im gonna call WB and tell them right away to get the show running and put it on the air, because I was so wrong, when I thought the pilot and the idea for the show totally sucked. Oh god

seriously......

Hehe Glad I could help. I don't mind if you hated it. And Really I am not trying to win anything at all. I don't think the pilot was great. and on a scale from 1 to 10 I would honestly give it a 6 but I believe it had potential and is unfairly judged because it was unfinished and not meant from public viewing

The only point I am really trying to make is that pretty much everything that Kelley included in the pilot is an attribute that can be taking from Wonder Woman comics and other well liked wonder woman media

I can tell you this. Kelley did not grow up reading Wonder Woman comics. And I am pretty sure he is not a big fan. But based on what I saw in the pilot he did go back and read the comics including Rucka's well liked run. He probably watched episodes of the Justice League Animated TV show searching from something that he could use to create some drama in a Wonder Woman TV show. He decided to pick a theme which probably was the most Dramatic in Wonder Woman's history. When she killed Maxwell Lord.

And I find it funny you totally dismissing the Lasso of Truth

OH yes the lasso of Truth. If you ever watched the Justice league Animated TV show and followed Wonder Woman you would notice that her character had a lasso but it did not work as the lasso of truth until like the 4th season and I when she did finally unlocked the power of the lasso it was used once as a plot device and nobody complained. Maybe just like in the Animated series the power of the lasso needed to be unlocked ETC ETC. there are plenty of possibility in a TV show meant to last 3 seasons Well they cancelled it so we will never know will we.

Look you can hate it all you want. Everybody can hate it. I am just trying to find out why people think its not Wonder Woman when clearly almost everything wonder woman does in the show/Pilot she did in the comics and animated films at one time or another.

I am a fan of Wonder Woman so I like talking about her. Its just a personal project of mine to understand what people see Wonder Woman as when they read her comics and how will they translate her into live action.

Kelley read WW Comics other media about wonder woman probably for the first time and he came up with this Pilot. People did not like it fine but at-least he did not just pull ideas out of his ass is what I am saying.

#30 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Did someone compare Kelley to Rucka. O_O

how much ridiculous this thread can get.

#31 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: He might not have pulled them out of his ass but he ordered them incorrectly.

Smallville was great because Clark didnt need the suit until the end, and we still knew it was Superman, right there, growing.

It was based on the early Superboy comics, when Lex and Clark were friends, but it also had a lot of stuff that was revised to be adapted to the modern world.

the problem with the pilot was that they didnt get a main reference for WW, and then build it from there. The guy who wrote the stuff must have picked some stuff from the animated shows, and some other stuff from older runs, and may some stuff from recent ones and just put it together in a way that, even though it was from WW, it didnt make it, integrally, WW. He (or she, whoever wrote the stuff) got the general idea of WW wrong and obviously didnt brought it up to the screen in a way that people could watch it and say: "oh well, that's Wonder Woman, n1 super heroine in the world"

#32 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

Did someone compare Kelley to Rucka. O_O

how much ridiculous this thread can get.

Nope you just mis-read someones post that's all

#33 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@WDW: He might not have pulled them out of his ass but he ordered them incorrectly.

Smallville was great because Clark didnt need the suit until the end, and we still knew it was Superman, right there, growing.

It was based on the early Superboy comics, when Lex and Clark were friends, but it also had a lot of stuff that was revised to be adapted to the modern world.

the problem with the pilot was that they didnt get a main reference for WW, and then build it from there. The guy who wrote the stuff must have picked some stuff from the animated shows, and some other stuff from older runs, and may some stuff from recent ones and just put it together in a way that, even though it was from WW, it didnt make it, integrally, WW. He (or she, whoever wrote the stuff) got the general idea of WW wrong and obviously didnt brought it up to the screen in a way that people could watch it and say: "oh well, that's Wonder Woman, n1 super heroine in the world"

YES YES EXACTLY!!. Sorry for the all caps but you summed it up VERY well. I am guessing Kelley just assumed his show would be picked up so he started with something bold and controversial for a Wonder Woman TV show. A more cautious writer probably would have eased us into the kind of story Kelley lead with.

In the Pilot Kelley wanted us to be conflicted with Wonder Woman he wanted to create that drama and build her back up in future episodes he used the positive and negative news broadcasts to established a World conflicted by her actions. Kind of like What they did in Justice League #5

I know wonder woman well so I was really not shocked by her actions and understood what Kelley was trying to do. But you are right. He should have done a more subtle introduction and ordered his script for a more sensitive audience.

Thanks so much for the input

#34 Edited by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Rucka

Kelley

#35 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW:yeah, glad you agree. too bad he went that way. still, WB could be more bold and try to get the WW movie going

#36 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

Kelley

Rucka

#37 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: You didn't read sacrifice, did you?

#38 Edited by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4:

@Ravager4 said:

was a highly dangerous super villain that left Wonder Woman no choice but to kill him. Not only did this destroy her reputation with the public when people found out about it, but also put her friendship with Superman and Batman on ice after it happened.

The World did not see Maxwell Lord as a Dangerous super-villan when she killed him. They just saw Wonder Woman as a cold blooded murderer

And that is exactly what Kelley was trying to do destroy Diana’s reputation as the PLOT for the next show which never happened. It worked in the comics why not live action TV :P

In the pilot, there is no reason for her to just casually murder the guy, who most likely had a family,

Kelley is the WRITER the created the security guard character he is the one that wrote in the script that Wonder Woman would do that. HE had a reason and it was not to make Wonder Woman into a serial killer. Future episodes would have expanded. The Guy could have been a child molester for all we know and Diana recognized him.

Let’s be clear the guy was not innocent and she did not casually murder the guy like serial killer. The security guard had already killed one of his own men. Did wonder woman have to kill him? No but she did. Would that scene make it into the final cut? Probably not this was not the final version and it would be VERY easy to edit that scene out. What’s the sense in scrapping the whole show for a scene which can easily be changed without messing with the plot.

Violently storming a facility that she had no solid evidence that any wrong doing was being done when she got there.

She had solid evidence because John O Quinn the guy she caught in the beginning of the show told her exactly where Veronica Cales secret base was. Wonder Woman is not a COP she is a vigilante just like every other superhero ever made. She does what normal police cannot do.

And then, people applaud her actions, making no mention of her killing people, which was captured on multiple security cameras no less.

The people applauded her because she just saved like 20 kidnapped people who were experimented on and deformed because of it. News Stories of her injuring or killing people would have been in the next episode and it would have answered your questions. But that did not happen.

In the real world, she would have been charged with, you know, murder, no matter how good her intentions.

This is not the real world. and again this was the first episode unaired pilot. According to the extended script Wonder Woman was taken to court and had to answer for her actions but that never happened because unaired pilot was not approved.

They also chose to have her torture a person to gain any information, when all they needed to do was, you know, have her lasso of truth work like it was supposed to.

That would completely negate the purpose of the whole show. Again the lasso is called the lasso of truth but currently its not working. Why? we will never know because the show was cancelled. You are supposed to be conflicted about this characters actions.

She consistently spits in the face of regular legal practices, breaks the the law, and is downright cruel.

Yes and no. Wonder Woman in the pilot is the most popular well known person in the world she is a vigilante like all superheroes however instead of hiding in the shadows like Batman solving crimes or dropping criminals at the police station and quickly leaving the scene like superman. Wonder Woman holds press conferences about what she intends to do and answers questions about her motives and in doing so exposes herself to numerous legal suits. However, as Veronica Cale knows it’s not enough to simply have Wonder Woman arrested because Wonder Woman is after all a billionaire, the most popular person in the world with connections to the police.

The public loves the fact that she is open in her actions and she probably already did really cool things in the past to earn that trust but we will never know because the show was cancelled.

Look, In this pilot you are supposed to be conflicted about Wonder Woman’s actions you are supposed to question her motives exactly the way you are doing in on this post. In fact you sound exactly like the NEWS CASTERS in the pilot raising questions about the constitution and civil liberties ETC. That’s what David E Kelley wanted and it worked maybe too well.

It was obvious that Wonder Woman would have to deal with all these potential issues during the course of the season and eventually become a better person because of it. Its call Drama. Kelley did not realize people would take it so personal. It’s a shame we did not get a few more episodes to see the aftermath.

I am not saying that you should like the pilot at all. I am not looking to change anybody's mind. I just wanted to explain that all the stuff in the pilot would likely be explained. Kelley was just setting the stage for more drama and Wonder Womans actions are certainly not out of character from the comic. It may or may not have worked. But I am sure he did not intend to leave all these un-answered questions about the character That would be silly.

I gave the pilot a 6 out of 10

#39 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

@WDW: You didn't read sacrifice, did you?

No I missed it what happened? did someone die?

#40 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

@WDW: Yeah, Kelley's comic book counterpart died.

#41 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

@RyuHayabusa said:

@WDW: Yeah, Kelley's comic book counterpart died.

Ok thanks for the info

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.