Diana's age

#1 Posted by herrweis (403 posts) - - Show Bio

She stated in issue number eleven (I believe) that she was 23.In issue number zero we see that if a suitable gift is not presented to Hippolyta Diana's aging does not get acknowledged for that year.I thought that Diana was written way too mature to be a 23 year old(in her own title anyway),how many of you think she is much older than 23?

#2 Posted by UsagiTsukino (225 posts) - - Show Bio

There are many people who are way to mature for their own age, whats wrong with that

#3 Posted by herrweis (403 posts) - - Show Bio

sigh

#4 Posted by Aiden Cross (15513 posts) - - Show Bio

It surprised me as well, i thought she'd be older when i read it. But you know, if you experience as much as Wonder Woman in such a short time frame, you tend to mature really fast.

#5 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1025 posts) - - Show Bio

apollo asked her how long she had lived... not how many of her birthdays were acknowledged..so 23 years it is

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (13739 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah,I am surprised too but if you handle things like Wonder Woman you tend to mature pretty fast.

#7 Posted by Wboy (440 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I find it suprising to..and kidna odd.

Her own comics are very mature, calm, collected, and has everything under control most of the time however stubborn sometimes. Plus she seems less powered.

JL she's younger looking, brash, brave, more stubborn, and more powered.

Idunnooooo

#8 Posted by X9 (746 posts) - - Show Bio

I think her maturity fits the one of a 23 years-old warrior princess... and it didn't shock me to know her age. All the heros are so much younger now hehe.

#9 Edited by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind this is a woman who was raised a warrior -- not kicking up her feet and gazing up at a wall full of One Direction posters. Picture other notable women in history who were raised under the expectation of responsibility (Queen Elizabeth the First etc). You can't compare Wonder Woman to what western society considers a typical twenty-three year old woman way to behave. Now -- if you were to go to countries in the Middle East/Africa and even Southeast Asia, there are girls the age of fifteen who behave as though they were thirty.

Its a completely different set of rules when dealing with Amazons.

#10 Posted by RazzaTazz (9354 posts) - - Show Bio
@cloudzackvincent said:

apollo asked her how long she had lived... not how many of her birthdays were acknowledged..so 23 years it is

I think this answer cuts to the chase pretty efficiently
#11 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL She's only two years older than Dick Grayson.

#12 Posted by RazzaTazz (9354 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

LOL She's only two years older than Dick Grayson.

Dick Grayson doesn't count years that he ages unless he gets a batarang on his birthday.  (JK)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.