Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Diana Prince Id

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Diana Prince Id (10 votes)

Yes 40%
    No 40%
    Depends 20%
    In name only 0%
    Maybe 0%

To me if they made Diana interested in going outside world, she might study up on the world. I see no problem with her coming up with a surname for herself not because she wants to lie but because it's a name she wants to try or only on paper meaning id or her signing papers. I feel that Diana would want to use Prince to help people the way Diana has Wonder Woman sometimes can't.

• 
    Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see a lot of potential for Diana taking on the alternate identity in this new era of DC. I know that there are a lot of people that think it's garbage or archaic but I believe that there is a creative resolution to every story element that can be successful. I like the Diana Prince identity probably more because that is who she was when I was first exposed to her in cartoons and her TV series. It's one those things that's indelibly attached to Wonder Woman.

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana Prince is an often overlooked, much maligned, yet essential part of the character. All the people that say Wonder Woman is unrelatable, overpowered, or too perfect have never met Diana Prince. She was created to give Wonder Woman some semblance of normalcy and designed to add tension that otherwise wouldn't be in the book.

I've been reading the title since Perez, but I've never seen the Diana Prince identity done well inside the comic. Heinberg wrote a pretty good set up, that went mostly ignored by subsequent writers.They dropped the ball completely and bowed to fan pressure to get rid of the Diana Prince identity all together.

Personally I wanted to see Diana Prince shine without having to rely on Wonder Woman to save the day. It also would have been a way to showcase threats that wouldn't ordinarily be in Wonder Woman's league physically.

Think of how epic a fight with Lady Shiva would be if Diana Prince could only use her Amazon training, but not her speed and strength? How would she take down Catwoman or Poison Ivy without using her powers? These are questions I wanted to see answered, but haven't yet.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SayaOtonashi

I see it like this Bruce Wayne the Mask, Superman is the Mask Clark is the real one. Diana Prince should not be a mask between her Wonder Woman or her Diana of Paradise Island rather it should be a way she uses it to help others.

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Diana Prince is an often overlooked, much maligned, yet essential part of the character. All the people that say Wonder Woman is unrelatable, overpowered, or too perfect have never met Diana Prince. She was created to give Wonder Woman some semblance of normalcy and designed to add tension that otherwise wouldn't be in the book.

I've been reading the title since Perez, but I've never seen the Diana Prince identity done well inside the comic. Heinberg wrote a pretty good set up, that went mostly ignored by subsequent writers.They dropped the ball completely and bowed to fan pressure to get rid of the Diana Prince identity all together.

Personally I wanted to see Diana Prince shine without having to rely on Wonder Woman to save the day. It also would have been a way to showcase threats that wouldn't ordinarily be in Wonder Woman's league physically.

Think of how epic a fight with Lady Shiva would be if Diana Prince could only use her Amazon training, but not her speed and strength? How would she take down Catwoman or Poison Ivy without using her powers? These are questions I wanted to see answered, but haven't yet.

Yeah, there's a lot of good premises here. I'd like to see this too.

It's also through Diana Prince that her relationships with Steve and Etta are formed and that's something that I have been wanting to see developed more in Diana's latest incarnation. Diana Prince would the element to start bridging those relationships.

dmessmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't categorically rule it out, but in general prefer her without it. In the right hands it could work, but that's true of most things.

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What good is it?

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What good is it?

No Caption Provided

Perhaps Diana can tell you.

Daiohnysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Super-Wonder

@daiohnysis: LOL what a great reaction! I felt the same way when they brought back Krypto.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ef y'all, I like Krypto too.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Somethings just blending in the way to go. Also Superman is the mask , Clark is who is really or depending on the writer a mix .

Batman is who Bruce really is. Diana Prince to Diana is not a mask or who she is but an extend of who she is.she can I use it to get though to people. People might be fright of Wonder Woman for who she is. She can be Diana Prince but not change who she truly is like Bruce or Clark have done

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry man, Krypto has grown on me, I like that he's all giant wolf and doesn't wear a cape.

Somethings just blending in the way to go. Also Superman is the mask , Clark is who is really or depending on the writer a mix .

Batman is who Bruce really is. Diana Prince to Diana is not a mask or who she is but an extend of who she is.she can I use it to get though to people. People might be fright of Wonder Woman for who she is. She can be Diana Prince but not change who she truly is like Bruce or Clark have done

I agree.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Sorry man, Krypto has grown on me, I like that he's all giant wolf and doesn't wear a cape.

No Caption Provided

Just read the New 52 wiki. This is my dog Rollo last year when he was a puppy. He's a Red Nose Pitbull, which I assume Krypto would be if he were a real dog. They can be every bit as ferocious as a wolf and Krypto isn't Krypto without a cape, to me. It's just not the same, they may as well call him "Spot".

Super-Wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Super-Wonder

awe . . . :D What an awesome Spot!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.