Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8804 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Diana & Clark: When their relationship ends...

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Press Oblivion

Found this on Bleeding Cool today.

No Caption Provided

While I agree with many of you that elements of the relationship haven't been handled well and there really hasn't been a lot of fleshing out of this romance, you know that I have been a fan of this paring from the beginning and I hoped that having these characters together would define them in ways that haven't been tried or seen before. If there is any validity to this story posted by Bleeding Cool and interview by Buzzfeed then it appears that all of you were right about this being a fleeting moment in the DCU.

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Yep, hope it gets better, one can only hope

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By Black_Claw

It was only a matter of time tbh. But lord help us all if that break up gets physical.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So....What was the point of getting them together if you are just gonna have them break up like a couple of months later?

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By darkman61288

@sandman_: I think the pairing was meant to last longer but Johns and DC might be disappointed in the response to it so they decided to end it.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkman61288:If that where true, then comic fans are hypocrites....Kinda sad. Wanted to see where this goes. ''New'' yeah right.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Not surprising considering a fan who said he liked the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing was apparently loudly booed by the crowd at the C2E2 DC panel. It's never been a popular idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I barely even noticed they dated, it was like a status more than a story. Just have them decide it won't work and move on, there was nothing to "end badly" in the first place...

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank God.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Press Oblivion

@sandman_ said:

So....What was the point of getting them together if you are just gonna have them break up like a couple of months later?

yeah . . . .I don't know.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not surprising considering a fan who said he liked the Superman/Wonder Woman pairing was apparently loudly booed by the crowd at the C2E2 DC panel. It's never been a popular idea.

Well it certainly hasn't played out well, regardless of it's popularity.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Well..They barely did anything. Just like 2 dates in like 6 months...thats it? Well I just hope we don't get back to Lois again. Been there done that. A little innovation would be good. I don't know...Zatanna? Maxima? Lyla Lirrol? Something?...Batman? Just kidding.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By colonyofcells

Superman and Wonder Woman are not compatible bec. Wonder Woman likes to kill people and cut balls. Wonder Woman should hook up with other gods like Orion, Thor, etc.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_: This guy, with the attractive avatar, he has said all my thoughts.

This pairing is excellent, it makes sense from a chemistry standpoint, it could really shake things up as the new status quo, redefining these characters until the next reboot, but if the booing story is true, then its one more thing we can chalk up to Batman ruining comics. My bet is, anyone who booed is a Batman fan whose vicarious virility comes into question when somebody other than their alpha male has a relationship with beautiful women.

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't it be funny if Wonder Woman left Supes for Batman?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tohoma:Not really.

@deaditegonzo:HAHA! Nice.Thank you Vegeta :D Ma that JLU cartoon really engraved in people's head that Wonder Woman loves Batman. Maybe Post-Crisis WW did, but not New 52.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Why are you almost constantly Batbashing? Maybe everyone in the audience hates the idea of them together because they thought just it was a bad idea.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deaditegonzo

@darkman61288 said:

@deaditegonzo: Why are you almost constantly Batbashing? Maybe everyone in the audience hates the idea of them together because they thought just it was a bad idea.

Cause I feel Bats is almost exclusively responsible for all that is wrong with comics, and 100% responsible for fanboyism. Sorry if it bothers you, sincerely, but its my opinion.

Also, in these discussions, ive noticed Batman comes up every time.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

Well..They barely did anything. Just like 2 dates in like 6 months...thats it? Well I just hope we don't get back to Lois again. Been there done that. A little innovation would be good. I don't know...Zatanna? Maxima? Lyla Lirrol? Something?...Batman? Just kidding.

Yeah that's the thing, they've just haven't had any momentum. As I've said elsewhere, it's a subplot in 2 comics that come out once a month. DC hasn't made it available to get deeper into the idea.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: How is he responsible for what is wrong with comics?

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Biggest problem was I do not think this was ever supposed to be a story driven pairing it was just for press and to add hype to the new 52 when things were starting to cool. I think this was truly the editors saying uhh.... we need a shake up Geoff do something! it made little sense it was never explored and you had the writer of the Wonder Woman title say he would not have Superman in his book, So it was DOA.

Plus if you think of it DC is about to get a ton of new fans when the man of steel comes out and they need these books to be easy for them to understand so it will be Lois and Clark. Snyder even said that Superman Unchained will show the admiration the two characters have for each other and that he felt writing the sexual tension was a fun thing to do.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

Every comic relationship with the exception of maybe the Reed Richards and Sue Storm has a "when" they end not an "if" they end, so It's not Surprising at all.

@colonyofcells said:

Superman and Wonder Woman are not compatible bec. Wonder Woman likes to kill people and cut balls. Wonder Woman should hook up with other gods like Orion, Thor, etc.

You know those characters aren't in the same universe right?

@sandman_ said:

Really? The first post answers that pretty exclusively.... They have a bad break up which leads to other things considering they're the two strong beings on the planet.... Some relationships last a few years, some a few months, some forever, some for only a few days... that's just how relationships work. Also considering he said it was going to end bad there is a lot of potential in story if this leads to Superman and Wonder Woman hating each other just considering they roles they play in the universe.

@darkman61288 said:

Cause I feel Bats is almost exclusively responsible for all that is wrong with comics, and 100% responsible for fanboyism. Sorry if it bothers you, sincerely, but its my opinion.

Did you happen to develop this opinion within the past 21 days? Maybe after reading a certain articular on WhatCulture?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: How is he responsible for what is wrong with comics?

1. He rose to his peak popularity in the dark ages of comics and was directly responsible for it, thanks to the likes of Frank Miller.
    2. He is singularly responsible for the stasis which modern comics are perpetually frozen.
    3. He is essentially the father of all the Liefeld-esque grim, pouches characters.
    4. In any arc in which he appears, plot and story telling take a backseat to shameless character promotion.
    5. Because he is so popular, he is squeezed into every nook and cranny, even when it is redundant, nonsensical, or outright offensive.
    6. He made fanboyism popular. Essentially, in the general public it is ok to be a shameless fanboy, so long as its about Batman.
    7. He became a detriment to the possibility of other characters becoming popular, because the "fad" version of Batman fandom is equally highlighted by hating every other character/ thinking theyre "gay" (i.e He wears Colours?! Gay).
    8. He has destroyed any ability to have a logic based debate about characters (Batman preptime is a meme for a reason).
    9. He is incredibly "emo" over something that any adult would get over eventually, leading to all comic book characters being prone to extremely exaggerated false drama (MY PARENTS ARE DEAD! Yeah, and so are 1000s of other kids each year).

I could go on, if youd like?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandman_ said:

@press_oblivion said:

@sandman_ said:

Superman/Batman "concept" is already being done.

No Caption Provided

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good news finally! Now the way is open for Orion. it's just a plot device, nothing more...

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PowerWoman

Why?I like wonder woman/superman,why,why,why??????????Hate DC

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I hope the moment when they break up to be far better than the whole thing they had.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

@sandman_ said:

ANGST.

The big-seller for DC comics.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I liked the pairing but never wanted them forever. There are other pairing that I want Superman in also before he ends up with Lois years and years down the road. Saying that though I agree the development has been lacking if they are going to end it soon. I don't think they will just yet though. He might just be giving hints at what will happen when they eventually do break up.

I'm more bothered by the fact he thinks it has to be ugly.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Why?I like wonder woman/superman,why,why,why??????????Hate DC

You didn't really think that it would last?

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl: I just think wonder woman/superman was greater than lois/superman,I like it

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@sinestro_gl: I just think wonder woman/superman was greater than lois/superman,I like it

Mixing it up IS rather refreshing, but I'm a bigger fan of WW and Orion

Perpetr8rMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can they just kill off Lois so we do not have that thing over our heads?

I actually didn't mind this pairing. But they could do so much with it. They are both so young and stupid at this point in their lives. They're impulsive and reckless, not adults by any means.

So they break up, maybe fight, hurt words are exchanged and they part ways. This leaves them both space to grow as people and characters.

Then if people really push for them to reunite it can be done down the road with both matured. (Seriously AU stuff of them was everywhere back in the day, I mean check out the Super Hero Daycare list to see how many Super babies there are. And not all of Superman/Wonder Womans where on that list.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No need to kill Lois since it is ok for Superman to have sex with lots of people.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By RustyRoy

@darkman61288 said:

You were the first one who brought up Batman in this thread. And don't you think that the backlash was from Lois/Clark fans rather than Batman fans? They shared almost 75 years together and is considered one of the best comic book relationships, most of the fans were angry that one of most successful marriage came to end because of New52 and WW. Same happened when MJ and Peter 'broke up'. Stop blaming Batman for everything I'd say but you won't anyway. And all your reasons for blaming Batman is BS and is applied to every popular Superhero Superman included.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to agree it was too soon to end the relationship but Johns wasn't doing anything worthwhile with them and Azzraello was ignoring their relationship entirely so there isn't anything to feel sad. It was meant to happen only surprised it was so soon. Also they should stay away from seeing anyone for sometime, DC relationships have gotten very messy lately.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#38  Edited By akbogert

@deaditegonzo said:

My bet is, anyone who booed is a Batman fan whose vicarious virility comes into question when somebody other than their alpha male has a relationship with beautiful women.

Do you find Lois that unattractive?

@rustyroy said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@darkman61288 said:

You were the first one who brought up Batman in this thread. And don't you think that the backlash was from Lois/Clark fans rather than Batman fans? They shared almost 75 years together and is considered one of the best comic book relationships, most of the fans were angry that one of most successful marriage came to end because of New52 and WW. Same happened when MJ and Peter 'broke up'. Stop blaming Batman for everything I'd say but you won't anyway. And all your reasons for blaming Batman is BS and is applied to every popular Superhero Superman included.

^ This.

I don't understand the hate for Lois, or the animosity towards people who want to go back to her. I've seen the "reboots are supposed to be about change" argument several times, but it isn't a strong enough argument to actually disqualify the desire to see them back together. And who benefits from that change, exactly? Fair enough if Clark goes off and has new relationships, but what of Lois, and what of her fans? Why should they have to endure seeing her either turned into someone no one likes (to make the split make sense)? Why does suggesting she should be killed off even come up?

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SandMan_

@drgnx said:

@sandman_ said:

@press_oblivion said:

@sandman_ said:

Superman/Batman "concept" is already being done.

No Caption Provided

lol

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: Actually no, I dont find Lois unattractive. I even said somewhere on this site, that whether intentional or not, Lobdell drew her looking better in that Wonder Woman costume than Diana herself. But Batman fans never considered her a viable female, as she has only ever been a support character to Superman. It would be like saying Supes should date Selina Kyle, everyone knows it doesnt make any sense. Im sure Batman fans are happy knowing that in the crossover episode in the animated series from the 90s, Bruce charmed Lois and had her hooked.

As far as the Batman point you and somebody else mentioned, its because I believe this has more to do with the Batman/JLA Animated series crowd than Lois fans. There are probably some folks out there who are, as with anything, but for the most part nobody's favourite character is Lois Lane. Even the people who act defensively about her portrayals and respecting her as a character treat her as nothing more than a Superman prop. Nobody is interested in a Lois Lane doing her own thing away from Clark, nobody would read a comic about her journalistic exploits and her relationship with [John]. The only people on the Superman side who are bothered are the stubborn or the regressive. And while neither position is wrong or even negative IMO, its just a self-destructive stance at this point. Either A) You only want the same old stories retold again (under the facade of being new) or B) You literally just want everything to go back to what it was. The New 52 would then be a horribly wasted opportunity and even an insult to people who loved the old universe but jumped on board to try and enjoy new stories. Ive said it before, I was severely opposed to severing the most famous marriage in comics, but since its been done, I feel like the opportunity shouldnt just be wasted. Id say there is no good argument for them to be back together other than the belief that Lois is a useless character who only exists to be with Superman. Let Lois move on her career, let her marry the meathead she's with, and let Superman grow as a person, and meet someone who he has something in common with, someone who isnt just a prop, and someone who there isnt 80 years worth of courting already written about.

Also, look at the other threads regarding this topic, almost all of them have a rant about how Lois and Supes are meant for eachother, capped off by a Batman should be with Wonder Woman comment.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: Well, count me among the people who have ranted about how they're meant for each other and hold that opinion with absolutely no thought given to Bruce or anything in Gotham.

Frankly, I just am incapable of wrapping my head around the mindset that having a committed relationship suddenly makes things boring or is "more of the same old." As a person -- a real person -- who views marriage as a beautiful, challenging, but worthwhile endeavor, and who is genuinely blown away by couples who stay married for twenty, forty, sixty years, I'm frankly a bit offended by the notion that having the two be together (and eventually married) would be necessarily boring. As I've said elsewhere (and long before this particular topic was even brought up), I think there is prime storytelling potential in high-profile marriage. It's a situation, with unique trials and hardships and payoffs, which quite honestly the industry predominately ignores. Readers apparently want tons of romance but no love.

I appreciate what you're saying about not having made the split for no reason, but at the same time I think this is the sort of change where it wouldn't be terrible for DC to say "you know what, this didn't work out as well as we'd hoped." Now I admit I'm not an expert on the details, so clarify this for me if I'm wrong, because my assumption was that Lois and Clark didn't get a divorce; just that they were never married in the first place. So you could easily argue that this is before they get married, and thus, canon-wise, have them still eventually end up together.

You make a valid point that there's little left of Lois when you remove her from the Superman picture. Assuming New 52 remains actual canon for decades to come, I personally loathe the idea that Lois Lane will simply cease to exist as a DC name that people recognize. And I think that would happen if she, as you suggest, went off and married someone else .

Anyway, I don't really know why I said most of that, because I think you understand why I feel how I do and, reading what you said, I understand how you feel. Suffice to say, given the premium I personally place on marriage and tradition, this is one thing that I really will never accept, and will always want to see -- as far as I'm concerned -- fixed. I find the notion that we occupy a world in which Clark Kent isn't with Lois Lane and Peter Parker isn't with Mary Jane (nevermind alive) rather sad. I recognize not everyone does but it won't make me any less passionate.

Regardless, and more specifically on point, I don't think Diana is the answer to the "if not Lois, then who" question. Most of my animosity towards it is, admittedly, rooted in my desire to see him back with Lois, but I think some of it is just reasonable objection to a relationship that has always seemed like a shallow, temporary stunt. I may be biased, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm completely wrong :)

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deaditegonzo

@akbogert: I

think one of the biggest things that bothers me about the Lois and Clark combo, is the courting period. Historically, the courting period has always consisted of Clark being a total oaf, Lois seeing him as such bouncing from dude to dude, loving Superman and not giving Clark the time of day (a concept that immediately portrays Lois as such a B**** its not even funny), and Superman just sitting around pining away, almost to the point of being a Super-Stalker. Now early on in the modern age, I think this was kind of played for laughs, and of course in the Golden Age it was somewhat reversed in that it was always Lois vying for Superman's affections (Superman being the character, as it were), but now, it is sort of offensive all around. Lucky for me, as such a big Superman fan, I got really involved in comics around the time of the Lois and Clark TV show and their promotional wedding in comics, as I actually really like the tenderness of their relationship once they are married, and I like that Lois is rough and hard nosed still, but also tender with Clark, and vulnerable, AND EMOTIONALLY available. But ive never really liked the courtship aspect. Its unrealistic (not the biggest complaint in the world of comics imo), but also disrespectful. If they do get back together, I hope they just elope and move on with it, as I was pretty much done with Morrisons Peter Parker-esque struggling reporter, pining away for the much better adjusted and mature Lois Lane. I checked out of Action Comics until that final arc really kicked into full swing.

I think it would be great, even as a fan of Lois and Clark, to see a day years from now, when people my age now are complaining that the longstanding traditional relationship of Diana and Clark is being rebooted for some "nobody" named Lois. Id still personally prefer him with Diana, but theyd be in for a treat getting what amounts to all new stories about a character who had almost fallen out of comics. Or maybe the longstanding Diana and Clark pairing is giving way to Supes and Zatanna, or Supes and Big Barda (sorry Scott Free), or whatever.

I too see marriage as a beautiful thing, and I enjoy seeing it in comics (in fact One More Day pissed me off far worse because it was such a copout reason), but as you said, this is chronologically before their marriage, so he could marry anyone at this point and they can live a loyal and romantic and loving life together. And it doesnt erase the old stories, it just makes a whole new series of tales that could be better or worse or equally good. In this universe, he's never been married, he can have a life with anyone. Maybe im starstruck by my all time favourite story, Kingdom Come, but I do think Wonder Woman is that character, when both a written correctly with respect, AND THE WRITERS ACTUALLY PUT EFFORT INTO IT AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE. Right now, we have Clark lusting after Lois, even subconsciously putting her "in Wonder Woman's" symbolic place. And Wonder Woman is acting like some kind of 2 dimensional airhead in their relationship. And in her own book, Wonder Woman MAY AS WELL BE SINGLE AND AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE CHARACTER. A Diana and Clark pairing done right, like in Kingdom Come, would be the greatest comic book love story in this era. And honestly, id rather see Lois dead than see her continue what she is now, basically just a prop for Superman to lust after, for Superman to desire for no noticeable reason other than her looks and the fact he's jealous.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

think one of the biggest things that bothers me about the Lois and Clark combo, is the courting period. Historically, the courting period has always consisted of Clark being a total oaf, Lois seeing him as such bouncing from dude to dude, loving Superman and not giving Clark the time of day (a concept that immediately portrays Lois as such a B**** its not even funny),

LOL

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

think one of the biggest things that bothers me about the Lois and Clark combo, is the courting period. Historically, the courting period has always consisted of Clark being a total oaf, Lois seeing him as such bouncing from dude to dude, loving Superman and not giving Clark the time of day (a concept that immediately portrays Lois as such a B**** its not even funny), and Superman just sitting around pining away, almost to the point of being a Super-Stalker. Now early on in the modern age, I think this was kind of played for laughs, and of course in the Golden Age it was somewhat reversed in that it was always Lois vying for Superman's affections (Superman being the character, as it were), but now, it is sort of offensive all around. Lucky for me, as such a big Superman fan, I got really involved in comics around the time of the Lois and Clark TV show and their promotional wedding in comics, as I actually really like the tenderness of their relationship once they are married, and I like that Lois is rough and hard nosed still, but also tender with Clark, and vulnerable, AND EMOTIONALLY available. But ive never really liked the courtship aspect. Its unrealistic (not the biggest complaint in the world of comics imo), but also disrespectful. If they do get back together, I hope they just elope and move on with it, as I was pretty much done with Morrisons Peter Parker-esque struggling reporter, pining away for the much better adjusted and mature Lois Lane. I checked out of Action Comics until that final arc really kicked into full swing.

I think it would be great, even as a fan of Lois and Clark, to see a day years from now, when people my age now are complaining that the longstanding traditional relationship of Diana and Clark is being rebooted for some "nobody" named Lois. Id still personally prefer him with Diana, but theyd be in for a treat getting what amounts to all new stories about a character who had almost fallen out of comics. Or maybe the longstanding Diana and Clark pairing is giving way to Supes and Zatanna, or Supes and Big Barda (sorry Scott Free), or whatever.

I too see marriage as a beautiful thing, and I enjoy seeing it in comics (in fact One More Day pissed me off far worse because it was such a copout reason), but as you said, this is chronologically before their marriage, so he could marry anyone at this point and they can live a loyal and romantic and loving life together. And it doesnt erase the old stories, it just makes a whole new series of tales that could be better or worse or equally good. In this universe, he's never been married, he can have a life with anyone. Maybe im starstruck by my all time favourite story, Kingdom Come, but I do think Wonder Woman is that character, when both a written correctly with respect, AND THE WRITERS ACTUALLY PUT EFFORT INTO IT AND GIVE THEM A CHANCE. Right now, we have Clark lusting after Lois, even subconsciously putting her "in Wonder Woman's" symbolic place. And Wonder Woman is acting like some kind of 2 dimensional airhead in their relationship. And in her own book, Wonder Woman MAY AS WELL BE SINGLE AND AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE CHARACTER. A Diana and Clark pairing done right, like in Kingdom Come, would be the greatest comic book love story in this era. And honestly, id rather see Lois dead than see her continue what she is now, basically just a prop for Superman to lust after, for Superman to desire for no noticeable reason other than her looks and the fact he's jealous.

It's true that he could marry anyone, but I guess my point is if there wasn't a good reason to break up his marriage with Lois -- in other words, they were a good couple, a couple that people liked as a couple, and if it wasn't broken, it shouldn't have been messed with. I see no reason to introduce a new character for him to pursue and marry when Lois is already there, already ripe for the position, and already has a lot of people who both love her and would be very upset to see her gradually fall out of common appearance. Now I don't know. Maybe there'd be a way to keep Lois a functional, active part of Superman comics without having the potential for a romance between them, but as you said, people aren't likely to be keen on following the journalistic exploits of one of Clark's co-workers if it doesn't have anything to do with the lead character. If Lois' prior position was arm candy, taking her out of the romance loop turns her into a window dressing; it could sure be better, but I have a feeling having him marry someone else would make it much worse.

I can see, however, how watching the pursuit (particularly if it were to follow the old patterns) could become an obnoxious déja vu for long-time readers. Which presents a couple options: change up the formula so that neither character seems to be pursuing an unattainable prize, but both are mutually benefiting from it; regardless of what shape the courtship takes, make it last a lot less time. Maybe a couple years? Just like a real courtship? This doesn't have to be the status quo for decades. I think they could do a couple interesting arcs that really mess with the formula (having her find out his identity would definitely help), and then yeah, maybe not elope per se, but get married sooner rather than later.

In any case, if they can make the Diana/Clark relationship actually work, and become something that actually could feasibly last for decades, then I suppose I can understand the "what's done is done, accept it and make the most of it" mentality. But as has been pointed out, no one has really gotten that vibe from this particular handling of the match, and in the meantime a ton of people are still livid over the dissolution of the Lois marriage, so DC would likely make more friends than enemies if they went back to what's worked rather than this experimental stage.

Franchise1590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Franchise1590

Blaming WW and Superman's terrible cashgrab relationship on Batman is another reason why Batman haters almost always come off as bitter fools.

This relationship was it was a shallow joke that made both characters less interesting. It wasn't done right and really should never have happened.

Kingdom Come's legacy and it's fans are never gonna see a WW Supes story as good as it was. That story is the only thing keeping this awful pairing having fans at all. These characters just don't mix well at all, we've seen them be boring before and drag down a JL book before and now we're seeing history repeat itself.

Omega_Emrys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is as sad as it gets. I'm reall quite fed up with this nonsense. Why the hell would they make a relationship just to burn it at the stake? No even worse, it's between Superman and Wonder Woman, the most God damned predictable and totally retarded pairing ever. What happened to Lois? If there were to be Inter-Team pairings I would have chosen Bats and Wonder Woman but in truth there shouldn't be pairings at all. When did comics turn into soap operas in comic book form? No, if its not going to be a pairing that doesn't have the potential to destroy the Leauge when they break up, there shouldn't be pairings at all. It's really stupid. There are some pairings I don't object(Green Arrow and Black Canary for example.) But this one is just plain out stupid. I'm not going to try to change anyone's mind, I'm just stating my opinion. I seriously think that DC could have pulled off the reboot had they handled it better and according to Geoff Johns Superman and Wonder Woman is the new so called status quo. Why the hell should they follow the "status quo" THIS is why Marvel has done better than DC in this aspect. They are not following the status quo they are doing what they WANT. Just because something is mainstream doesn't mean it's good, Bell Bottom jeans used to be the "status quo" now it's a laughing stock to everyone. This is what the status quo is, it's always changing. So, keep following your status quo, and I'll keep laughing and feeling sad about what you had turned our beloved DC Characters into. What used to be good comics are now soap operas, and reality TV on paper and I want no part of this. Like stated before, I'm only stating my opinion on this and for people who actually like the changes I'm not going to change your mind on this. Considering some of the changes are actually nice. OTHER changes however bug the hell out of me.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy this was ending. Wonder Woman is always the go to for Superman when Lois isn't around. I'm more a Batman/Wonder Woman guy.

Johnni_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@franchise1590: Pretty much this. I can get behind any storyline if it's well written. This relationship was not.......

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.