Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Diana & Captian Marvel.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Evil-Incarnate

Does it bother anyone else that the Gods that power Diana are either equal or stronger than Marvel's but, he's portrayed as stronger, faster, etc? Which one is really second to Superman?

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Evil Incarnate:
    wait....Captain Marvel of Marvel (meaning Mar-vell or Noah-varr or one of those guys) or Captain Marvel of DC (meaning SHAZAM!!!)?
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Evil Incarnate said:
    " Does it bother anyone else that the Gods that power Diana are either equal or stronger than Marvel's but, he's portrayed as stronger, faster, etc? Which one is really second to Superman? "
    no, not at all why would it bother anyone? Their powers don't work the same way and Marvel's blessing from the lords of magic are much greater since he is their champion.
    Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
    @Crom-Cruach: 

It's always irked me.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Evil Incarnate: Why?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Primmaster64

huh?

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Evil Incarnate: Why? "
    It never made sense to me. It like saying if I was was light as air and you were light as a breeze yet you're heavier than I am. Does that make sense od do I need a better example?

@Primmaster64 said:
    " huh? "

Que?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Evil Incarnate:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Evil Incarnate said:
    " It never made sense to me. It like saying if I was was light as air and you were light as a breeze yet you're heavier than I am. Does that make sense od do I need a better example?"
    I see what you mean by the statement, but the problem is it doesn't apply to the situation you are asking about...
    Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
    @Primmaster64 said:
    " @Evil Incarnate:
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    "
    WTF? lol
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Evil Incarnate: elseworld, don't ask...
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Evil Incarnate:@Crom-Cruach: 
    lol
    Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Evil Incarnate said:
    " It never made sense to me. It like saying if I was was light as air and you were light as a breeze yet you're heavier than I am. Does that make sense od do I need a better example?"
    I see what you mean by the statement, but the problem is it doesn't apply to the situation you are asking about... "
    How not? If he has the speed of Mercury and she the speed of Hermes how could he be faster? The enchantment by the lords of magic argument makes no sense. While yes he may be their champion she's a champion to her gods as well. Also wasn't it determined that the Greek gods were more powerful than their Roman counterparts who were in fact lesser avatars of them?
    Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Evil Incarnate: elseworld, don't ask... "
    Oh okay. Oddly enough the thing that made me go wtf was Superman's hair. lol
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Evil Incarnate said:
    "How not? If he has the speed of Mercury and she the speed of Hermes how could he be faster? "
    Having the "speed of Hermes" in itself is a meaningless statement, because it has been show in that Wonder Woman cannot outrun the real Hermes... It's just a clever way to say "she has super-speed" 

@Evil Incarnate said:
    " @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Evil Incarnate said:
    I see what you mean by the statement, but the problem is it doesn't apply to the situation you are asking about... "
    How not? If he has the speed of Mercury and she the speed of Hermes how could he be faster? The enchantment by the lords of magic argument makes no sense. While yes he may be their champion she's a champion to her gods as well.  "
    Yes they do, they drew upon the all-powerful source of the rock of ages and gave him the ability to champion the power of good and magic. You can't compare that to Diana who is an amazon princess who receives relics forged by Hephaestus to allow her to represent her world in the greater earth. Captain Marvel's source of power if both different and much more powerful.

@Evil Incarnate said:
     Also wasn't it determined that the Greek gods were more powerful than their Roman counterparts who were in fact lesser avatars of them? "
    You're mixing the differentiation between roman and Greek gods of Marvel with how DC is set up. The lords of Magic are not the same as the Greek gods.

And yes, before we get off track. This is one part of DC that is really complicated and would need clean up.
    Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
    @Crom-Cruach said:

" @Evil Incarnate said:

"How not? If he has the speed of Mercury and she the speed of Hermes how could he be faster? "

Having the "speed of Hermes" in itself is a meaningless statement, because it has been show in that Wonder Woman cannot outrun the real Hermes... It's just a clever way to say "she has super-speed" 

That would make sense if it wasn't given to her by the actual Hermes...

@Crom-Cruach said:

" @Evil Incarnate said:

@Evil Incarnate said:
    " @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Evil Incarnate said:
    How not? If he has the speed of Mercury and she the speed of Hermes how could he be faster? The enchantment by the lords of magic argument makes no sense. While yes he may be their champion she's a champion to her gods as well.  "
    Yes they do, they drew upon the all-powerful source of the rock of ages and gave him the ability to champion the power of good and magic. You can't compare that to Diana who is an amazon princess who receives relics forged by Hephaestus to allow her to represent her world in the greater earth. Captain Marvel's source of power if both different and much more powerful.

The were given essentially the same powers from the same people. Only Diana's power was given to her by the actual gods and not a third party. Just because the people who gave him his may be more powerful doesn't mean their spells can't be outdone. If he has the strength of Hercules and she's given strength literally to surpass that why would he be stronger? That's like saying if we both had the exact same gun but, yours was more powerful because it was given to you by a soldier than won every award a soldier could win while mines was off the rack.

@Crom-Cruach said:
    @Evil Incarnate said:
     Also wasn't it determined that the Greek gods were more powerful than their Roman counterparts who were in fact lesser avatars of them? "
    You're mixing the differentiation between roman and Greek gods of Marvel with how DC is set up. The lords of Magic are not the same as the Greek gods.  And yes, before we get off track. This is one part of DC that is really complicated and would need clean up. "
    They gave him the powers of the Roman gods they didn't give him their powers. If they had given him their own powers and they themselves were greater than the Greek gods it would makes sense but, they gave him the powers of gods that some of which are lesser than her own.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Evil Incarnate said:
    "That would make sense if it wasn't given to her by the actual Hermes..."
    Doesn't matter who gave it to her. It's just the boon of super-speed. It's not Herme's speed otherwise she would be as fast as him, she is not.
    @Evil Incarnate said:
    "The were given essentially the same powers from the same people. Only Diana's power was given to her by the actual gods and not a third party. Just because the people who gave him his may be more powerful doesn't mean their spells can't be outdone. If he has the strength of Hercules and she's given strength literally to surpass that why would he be stronger? "
    Because the Rock of Ages is the source the nexus of all good magic in the DC universe and the remnant of the God wave and he receives much more power because he is the champion of good magic. He doesn't get it from the gods, he gets in from the Rock of Ages. Strength of Hercules is not the strength of Hercules, it's invoked through the name of Hercules it is not his strength. Therefore he can be stronger because the investment in power he gets is superior. He receives more power the Diana that is why he is more powerful, period.

@Evil Incarnate said:
    They gave him the powers of the Roman gods they didn't give him their powers. If they had given him their own powers and they themselves were greater than the Greek gods it would makes sense but, they gave him the powers of gods that some of which are lesser than her own. "
    The lords of Magic are not the Roman gods in DC, they are totally different entities. And they can draw upon the Rock of Ages who's keeper is Shazam who chose Billy. He gets a bigger investment in power, he is more powerful.

Honestly how is that hard to understand?
    Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Evil-Incarnate
    @Crom-Cruach said:
    " @Evil Incarnate said:
    "That would make sense if it wasn't given to her by the actual Hermes..."
    Doesn't matter who gave it to her. It's just the boon of super-speed. It's not Herme's speed otherwise she would be as fast as him, she is not.
    @Evil Incarnate said:
    "The were given essentially the same powers from the same people. Only Diana's power was given to her by the actual gods and not a third party. Just because the people who gave him his may be more powerful doesn't mean their spells can't be outdone. If he has the strength of Hercules and she's given strength literally to surpass that why would he be stronger? "
    Because the Rock of Ages is the source the nexus of all good magic in the DC universe and the remnant of the God wave and he receives much more power because he is the champion of good magic. He doesn't get it from the gods, he gets in from the Rock of Ages. Strength of Hercules is not the strength of Hercules, it's invoked through the name of Hercules it is not his strength. Therefore he can be stronger because the investment in power he gets is superior. He receives more power the Diana that is why he is more powerful, period.

@Evil Incarnate said:
    They gave him the powers of the Roman gods they didn't give him their powers. If they had given him their own powers and they themselves were greater than the Greek gods it would makes sense but, they gave him the powers of gods that some of which are lesser than her own. "
    The lords of Magic are not the Roman gods in DC, they are totally different entities. And they can draw upon the Rock of Ages who's keeper is Shazam who chose Billy. He gets a bigger investment in power, he is more powerful.  Honestly how is that hard to understand? "
    I completely understand you but, you don't understand me.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @Evil Incarnate said:
    "I completely understand you but, you don't understand me. "
    Then explain because so far, you're arguments have all been accounted for.
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Batcrow

hmmmm....:)

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By weaponxx
    @Primmaster64:  Show me more :). I want to see Superman confront Billy!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Primmaster64
    @weaponx: I'm sorry but that's the only scans I got . The elsewhere story is Called Superman: Distant Fires
    weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By weaponxx
    @Primmaster64:  Its all good dude, thanks for letting me know where it is from though :). 
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Primmaster64
    @weaponx: =)
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Batcrow

well, here's my two cents on:

Diana:The gods duplicated their own powers into Diana. She has been able to race Mercury and outwit Athena - who is the very embodiment of wisdom and knowledge and absorbs knowledge constantly. She has the strength of Gaea, so basically her punches pack the power of the Earth itself. She is supposed to be strongER than Hercules. Remember the line: "As beautiful as Aphrodite, wise as Athena, stronger than Hercules and swifter than Mercury..." ? 

Captain Marvel (Shazam): 
    As you said his powers source from the Rock Of Ages. But can't the same be said for the Rock of Ages that it's just a "fancy" word for a source of powers, similar to how you said the speed of Hermes is a fancy way to say super-speed? And howcome the strength of Hercules suddenly turns into just an invocation? 
    If the wisdom of Athena and strength MORE than Hercules is just a joke...howcome the wisdom of Solomon (who is a king, not a god) and strength EQUAL to Hercules, are not? 

But when it comes to durability...OF COURSE Captain Marvel is superior. Diana's durability does not extend to piercing projectiles either (the bracelets are another topic). 
    @Crom-Cruach said:

" @Evil Incarnate said:

Diana who is an amazon princess who receives relics forged by Hephaestus to allow her to represent her world in the greater earth.   

Diana is much more than that . You forgot that the gods duplicated their powers into her. They gave her their own features and/or qualities so she could represent them and their culture outside Paradise Island in "Man's World". Because if you just say Rock of Ages and compare that to relics forged by Hephaestus, that swings things way towards Captain Marvel. So the whole story should be clarified first. SOMEONE hasn't been brushing up on their knowledge about Wonder Woman. But please, dont give people that are reading the wrong or incomplete idea, iz all. 

Diana does not go around reminding people about her powers. Captain Marvel does. By the strength of Hercules, I lift this rock. Jeez! We get it. Which is what has implanted the idea that he is more powerful overall. For the 1 millionth time (still counting) Diana has strength greater than the EXACT SAME DC GOD HERCULES, yet she doesn't say so. 
    Thus, people completely forget and underestimate her powers. People need to keep this in mind before saying that Superman and Captain Marvel are equals and Diana isn't.
    BloodyFlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BloodyFlix

To each his own. In this case, your opinion.  

I still believe WW to be "stronger," but I won't spend any time explaining myself, because quite frankly everyone seems to be pretty adament in their opinion and whatever I have to say won't change anything.  

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Billy is more powerful

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.