Diana and Orion relationship?

#1 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

With the recent announcement of the new Superman/Wonder Woman series, it got me thinking. How would a Diana/Orion relationship turn out? I haven't read much of the New52 WW series, but I love both characters and love the Greek gods/New Gods direction the series has. Thoughts?

#2 Edited by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

It wouldn't last longer than a week. Orion's only purpose was a rivalry with Superman. DC had no inention of having him and WW become a couple. I don't where people got the idea that it would ever happen.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

It wouldn't last longer than a week. Orion's only purpose was a rivalry with Superman. DC had no inention of having him and WW become a couple. I don't where people got the idea that it would ever happen.

? Superman hasn't even appeared in WW and Orion is like a regular character

#4 Posted by herrweis (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion may be a regular in her series but so are a lot of people,that's no indication or excuse for a relationship. I have no clue why people think there is something more to it than what's been shown . A relationship with them would not last three days before she kicks his ass for being a pig.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33905 posts) - - Show Bio

@herrweis: probably the part where they are kissing

#6 Posted by AweSam (7375 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I don't actually read WW, but that doesn't really change anything. Kissing means nothing. They just wanted to mislead people.

#7 Posted by Sinisteri (550 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea of the relationship was teasingly implied in advertisements of Orion's upcoming appearances in both WW and Superman titles/covers. DC planted the thought for PR.

#8 Posted by dmessmer (367 posts) - - Show Bio

The idea of the relationship was teasingly implied in advertisements of Orion's upcoming appearances in both WW and Superman titles/covers. DC planted the thought for PR.

Agreed. Even the kiss was a blatant PR move - within the actual story the kiss had nothing to do with romance. The actual explanation for the kiss was pretty flimsy, too - I imagine DC just told Azzarello "make them kiss so we can put it on the cover."

#9 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. That's disappointing. New Gods should have an ongoing or mini-series or something.

#10 Posted by veronicacris (113 posts) - - Show Bio

DC comics should be called PR comics. that new 52 channel was very misleading, saying that superman and orion were fighting for wonder woman.

I want new gods book too, there's a lot of thinks to explore

#11 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

diana is better with a warrior as her boyfriend.

#12 Edited by veronicacris (113 posts) - - Show Bio

diana is better with a warrior as her boyfriend.

agree, batman or orion.

#13 Posted by raiskream (3 posts) - - Show Bio

@veronicacris:

I hate her with Superman and Batman. I think her and Orion would be perfect. Wonder Woman is kind of being turned into a whore and Orion brings back the real Diana. My one and only blog post so far on comic vine is about this.

#14 Posted by drgnx (3565 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not expecting much, besides Orion is hideous, it would be like Hephaestus and Aphrodite ....

#15 Posted by veronicacris (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@veronicacris:

I hate her with Superman and Batman. I think her and Orion would be perfect. Wonder Woman is kind of being turned into a whore and Orion brings back the real Diana. My one and only blog post so far on comic vine is about this.

Orion brings the real Diana? that's a interesting point of view about the relationship.

I think they are turning Diana into a prize, a trophy to the stronger superhero of Earth. They are trying to make Superman cool at WW expense. "Oh look Superman and his hot girlfriend!". Some tweets from the writer weren't that much inspiring, no big deal.

well Orion is a lesser known character, it is good to WW.I think there's a lot to work in this relationship, rage/love, power from gods...

#16 Posted by PowerWoman (3413 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#17 Edited by lifeofvibe (3509 posts) - - Show Bio

ugh man i hate that character

1.he lookes stupid

2.hes stole becka away from batman

3.hes apperently a big deal yet i never cared for him hes like the cyclops of dc universe dear dc and marvel stop trying to make a deal out of character thats most people didit care for in for in the first place!!!

#18 Posted by BlackWind (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

Becka was Orion's wife, he didn't steal anything. And Orion.is.one.of Jack Kirby's best characters, so to say no one cares about him is wrong. The Orion in the new 52 is nothing like the Orion before the reboot, so I have no interest in who he dates.

#19 Posted by veronicacris (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe you should wait a little more, interesting stuff seems to be coming.

#20 Posted by brettjett (55 posts) - - Show Bio
About the WW/Orion relationship? Check this revelation: http://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/superheroes/wonder-woman/steve-trevor-revelations-of-a-mysterious-boyfriend-by-brett-jett/
#21 Posted by PowerHerc (85081 posts) - - Show Bio

This.

DC wanted to start some speculation to pump up interest and, hopefully, sales.

#22 Posted by RDClip (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe when Wondy and Supes break up, she should take some me-time and swear off romance for a while. There is always a problem with her in romance that fan will always complain about.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.