Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Demon Kinghts Talk About The "Raids"

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GWHH

I was reading the Demo Knight Series last night and saw this little tidbit about the "men raids" Very interesting here!

I will allow you to draw your own conclusion from it.

From Demon Knights #20:

The raid they are talking about takes place in 1000 AD

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Atla sound like my ex LOL

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other than comic relief, I'm not sure why the Anazons portrayed as a murdering band as to their lore or Diana's background-- What was the purpose of shielding Diana from their very well established culture? Is Diana supposed to have just rejected these ways? And how did Diana become WW if her sisters were just as ruthless as the men for whom they were supposedly shielded away onto Paradise Island?

This plot point leaves holes in Diana's existence and makes her background twisted.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does the name "khronika" mean?

I tried looking it up but could not find anything about it. ALL the amazons names are rooted in ancient Greece and/or Roman culture. Cant find anything out about that name.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't everyone just forget about this stupid setting/background and move on... It is bad enough that the history of Amazons is twisted like this, they have to make reference! Dang it Azz!

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's all so unnecessary, they could have told the same stories with the Bana Mighdall Amazons and kept the Themyscirans as paragons, but tptb are threatened by enlightened, intelligent and powerful women.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackWind

@scorpio_cassadine: No doubt it wad meant to make them more true to the myths. Still unnecessary.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

@blackwind said:

@scorpio_cassadine: No doubt it wad meant to make them more true to the myths. Still unnecessary.

The thing is, everything I've ever seen about the Amazons (movies, books, tv) has shown them in the same unflattering light, except DC Comics. In Wonder Woman they were inspirational, now DC is spitting back every tired and unoriginal cliche that's been seen before, 100 times before.

If I wanted that, I'd read about Marvel's Femizons, they're far more interesting. They took over their whole world and wreaked havoc .

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/femt.htm

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Can't wait for the next crisis to destroy new52 and put some decency into DC world. But it probably will get worse though.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.