DCAU Wonder Woman or (2009 movie) Wonder Woman?

Edited 5 months, 23 days ago

Poll: DCAU Wonder Woman or (2009 movie) Wonder Woman? (23 votes)

DCAU Wonder Woman 35%
(2009 movie) Wonder Woman 65%

Which design do you prefer and in which feature was the character handled/portrayed better?

or

#1 Edited by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to choose the 2009 movie again, because more time could be devoted to Diana's character, but I believe the animated series portrayed her best concerning feats and her ability to be engaged in combat; the animated series just couldn't devote a lot of time to developing Diana's character. Oh, and her design was probably a little better in the 2009 movie.

#2 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

I'd have to choose the 2009 movie again, because more time could be devoted to Diana's character, but I believe the animated series portrayed her best concerning feats and her ability to be engaged in combat; the animated series just couldn't devote a lot of time to developing Diana's character. Oh, and her design was probably a little better in the 2009 movie.

a little better? lol

#3 Posted by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@dshipp17 said:

a little better? lol

Yeah; actually, the designs are nearly, or pretty much, identical; do you mean the costume or the character, overall? I'd still go with nearly identical in both cases; personality wise, they were pretty much the same; the 2009 was about in keeping with DC's chosen approach for displaying the character's personality.

#4 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

@ganon15 said:

@dshipp17 said:

a little better? lol

Yeah; actually, the designs are nearly, or pretty much, identical; do you mean the costume or the character, overall? I'd still go with nearly identical in both cases; personality wise, they were pretty much the same; the 2009 was about in keeping with DC's chosen approach for displaying the character's personality.

no way, mate, the 2009 had bigger boobs and was drawn more proportionate

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11103 posts) - - Show Bio

So is the JL:WAR design a no? I went with 2009.

#6 Edited by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

not in this one

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11103 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

not in this one

Ah okay, I misinterpreted the threads.

#8 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only does she(2009 one) have a nice rack, as Steve mentioned, but her mom does too.

#9 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17: I'm curious as to what you think about the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse design and that incarnation of her.

#10 Posted by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@dshipp17: I'm curious as to what you think about the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse design and that incarnation of her.

I haven't seen that film yet; based on the art, as compared to the 2009 film, would you recommend that I check it out?

#11 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

@ganon15 said:

I haven't seen that film yet; based on the art, as compared to the 2009 film, would you recommend that I check it out?

definitely, she looks even more realistic than the 2009 design and she kicked a lot of arse. She was also voiced by the same actress from Justice League and Unlimited.

#13 Edited by Dro77 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

you should definetely watch Superman/Batman: Apocalypse

she fights awesome in this movie, far better than JL/JLU and even the movie from 2009

but what i liked in JL is that she had heels

#14 Edited by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@dro77 said:

she fights awesome in this movie, far better than JL/JLU and even the movie from 2009

I never liked heels on an amazon warrior lol I can't imagine it being practical to wear in combat.

#15 Posted by Muffin_Sangria (508 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@dro77 said:

I never liked heels on an amazon warrior lol I can't imagine it being practical to wear in combat.

The heels are ridiculous but I like them. I like being able to say Wonder Woman can do everything Superman can do but while in heels too.

#16 Edited by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Another thing I disliked about DCAU Wonder Woman is her romance with Batman -_- the lack of that in the animated movie certainly gives the 2009 WW an edge for me

#17 Posted by Primebonnick (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Edited by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@dshipp17 said:

@ganon15 said:

definitely, she looks even more realistic than the 2009 design and she kicked a lot of arse. She was also voiced by the same actress from Justice League and Unlimited.

I just recently saw Superman/Batman: Apocalypse and I liked it, but for different reasons than I would like a Wonder Woman issue or solo film; my like was more related to the way that I liked the 90s X-men TAS or DBZ. Of particular note, it was very touching how Lyta was put into the film as a sacrificial lamb; Lyta looked like Supergirl, but Lyta was given the short end of the straw; the Lyta sacrifice worked very well in not knowing that she was going to be sacrificed; Lyta told Supergirl that she was worried about her, even though she knew that she would actually be the person that would be lost; a great way to protect Supergirl and give her life to protect Supergirl at the same time; Lyta's actions were the very definition of heroic; I was fooled into thinking that the glimpses were of Supergirl. The scene towards the start of the film, featuring the female furies and their vicious streak in taking advantage of the female warrior's mistake was very dramatic, also. The film just took my mind completely off of judging Wonder Woman's costume and design, the main reason I had set out to watch the film; this rarely happens.

#19 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

@dshipp17 said:

@ganon15 said:

@dshipp17 said:

@ganon15 said:

I just recently saw Superman/Batman: Apocalypse and I liked it, but for different reasons than I would like a Wonder Woman issue or solo film; my like was more related to the way that I liked the 90s X-men TAS or DBZ. Of particular note, it was very touching how Lyta was put into the film as a sacrificial lamb; Lyta looked like Supergirl, but Lyta was given the short end of the straw; the Lyta sacrifice worked very well in not knowing that she was going to be sacrificed; Lyta told Supergirl that she was worried about her, even though she knew that she would actually be the person that would be lost; a great way to protect Supergirl and give her life to protect Supergirl at the same time; Lyta's actions were the very definition of heroic; I was fooled into thinking that the glimpses were of Supergirl. The scene towards the start of the film, featuring the female furies and their vicious streak in taking advantage of the female warrior's mistake was very dramatic, also. The film just took my mind completely off of judging Wonder Woman's costume and design, the main reason I had set out to watch the film; this rarely happens.

Awesome, did you enjoy her portrayal more than 2009 and the DCAU though?

#20 Edited by dshipp17 (964 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@dshipp17 said:

@ganon15 said:

@dshipp17 said:

@ganon15 said:

Awesome, did you enjoy her portrayal more than 2009 and the DCAU though?

That was actually a sore point for me, but mainly the Amazons' portrayal; I thought the Amazon's portrayal was way off; Wonder Woman's portrayal was somewhat accurate, but, I think Wonder Woman's portrayal and the Amazons' portrayal were much closer to accurate in the 2009 movie, although not quite there; I'd put this movie in third place, in terms of Wonder Woman's portrayal; my take is that Frank Miller's portrayal is more closely in line with how I'd expect Wonder Woman to be acting, until we've seen her go through a grooming process (e.g. that period between her first arrival from Paradise Island until she met the Justice League). If I get a chance to write anything about Wonder Woman, that would be the period I'd work on developing (e.g. her first encounters with Dr. Psycho and her rogues gallery to the first days of her joining the Justice League; that way, people will be able to understand how her manner became softer than the rest of the Amazons, but to a logical conclusion to her present, meaning, not quite as understanding as she's been portrayed, but constantly checking herself, where, before the grooming, she saw nothing wrong; a really good plot device would be seeing her have numerous debates and run ins with Dr. Psycho, than changing as a result, even though he's one of her sworn enemies).

#21 Posted by Frozen (10945 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU incarnation was definitely better.

#22 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20027 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

DCAU incarnation was definitely better.

at having the hots for batman

#24 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Never saw the 2009 movie....

#25 Posted by modernww2fare (955 posts) - - Show Bio

Never saw the 2009 movie....

it's really good, you should watch it

#26 Posted by youknowwhattodo (895 posts) - - Show Bio

The 2009 movie and it's not even close.

#28 Posted by ganon15 (1427 posts) - - Show Bio

The 2009 movie and it's not even close.

why do you say that? :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.