Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Could Wonder Woman Be a President?

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Way back before the 2008 presidential election where it was senator John McCain against senator Barak O'Bama (O'bama wins....twice now...African-American in office), the nominees for vice-president was also historical as well: Hilary Clinton for the Democrat Party and Sarah Palin for the Republican Party. I have nothing against a woman in office, but I have always wonder what it be like for a woman to be the the president of the United States. I also how cool it would be if a superhero could run for office as well (like how Captain America came close... TWICE: mainstream back in the 1980's and Ultimate comics)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Anyway, my question for you and everyone here on Comic Vine is can Wonder Woman (before or after new 52) be President of the United States of America in DC Comics?

No Caption Provided
    the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By the_tree

Nope, not a born citizen of the United States.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

Wonder Woman doesn't care about 47% of Marvel Now.......

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Tree: I know she's Greek...but if someone decided to let her become president...by the gods or something...

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No, Her Superman and the whole Justice League would make horrible presidents in today's comics which seem to have real world politics, they would not compromise with corruption and would expose their own regime if they needed to. Maybe in the old days when the governments was portrayed as being squeaky clean.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#5  Edited By RazzaTazz

She does have divine wisdom, but then again people might not vote for her because of their prejudices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RazzaTazz: Don't you mean sexism? I think about this: if women couldn't vote for at least 200 years, we could still have men voting alone. or just having men in the armed forces and letting the women not doing a damn thing about their country's safety.

We may not have a woman as a president in the White House yet....but some day soon i will happen. Who knows, maybe she'll be a different ethnic president.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#7  Edited By Black_Claw

Nope. What we really need is Plastic Man as President.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By agent9149

She's wasn't born on American soil.

Charlie_Jade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Charlie_Jade

I love Wonder Woman but she would be a terrible US President. She follows a 3 thousand years old Themyscira tradition and culture, she is loyal to paradise island inhabitants before America. Her personality would bring the worst of George Bush, Ulysses S. Grant, Jimmy Carter, Ron Paul, Angela Merkel, Joan of Arc, Woodrow Wilson, Catherine the Great to the table

She's also not born in the US, her culture, laws and customs are closer to ancient Greco-Roman and modern radical social leftism and rightwing conservative politics

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#10  Edited By RazzaTazz

@AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge said:

@RazzaTazz: Don't you mean sexism? I think about this: if women couldn't vote for at least 200 years, we could still have men voting alone. or just having men in the armed forces and letting the women not doing a damn thing about their country's safety.

We may not have a woman as a president in the White House yet....but some day soon i will happen. Who knows, maybe she'll be a different ethnic president.

Yes I meant sexism. Though who knows, Hilary might win in 2016

SNascimento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SNascimento

I would vote for her if she lived 20+ centuries and mantained periodical contact with the outside world.

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GWHH

NOT born in the USA. She cant run for president. But she could get a cabinet post for sure!

Captain America give up trying to run for president. He went over to Israel and is now in his 3rd term running that place!

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Nightwing4

Heroes should stay out of politics. Focus less on pleasing everyone, and more on saving lives.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.