Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Could Marvel beat DC to the punch on a superheroine movie?

• 58 results
    WWComicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WWComicfan

Marvel/Disney seems to be churning out films much quicker than DC/Warner brothers. I mean is it possible that they might do a Ms Marvel film to establish a lead female superhero (Black Widow, seriously, does not count there I am sorry) or possibly in a future avengers title involving the Kree before DC brings out a WW film? If I were Marvel, the perfect time to release a movie focusing on a hugely powerful female superhero would be before DC does it with Wonder Woman. Everyone would just say it was them copying DC if they did so afterwards and with such an unknown character it would be bad. Whereas if they do it before they have a good chance to establish a character and niche among the marvel pantheon before DC could set the bar with a Wonder Woman movie.

Again, its just a gut feeling based on the amount of marvel productions. The rate of those productions and the fact they seem to be toying with the idea in Iron Man 3 with Pepper getting superpowers and smallscale with Black Widow. Plus there is a definite lack of female avenger who is actually a superhero. Whilst there have been delays and endless issues with getting a Wonder Woman movie into production from what I understand.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm willing to bet that Ms.Marvel will have a film before WW

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

It seems possible, but not a certainty. As there's going to be a Justice League film that Wonder Woman would have to be in, it seems like they would make her a solo film first. Marvel doesn't seem to have any upcoming projects that would require a female character in a solo film to lead up to it, so it would probably be released in its' own time, which could be any time.

I think Marvel should make more of an effort with this, as I agree that Black Widow doesn't count(and is quite underwhelming as a female face of Marvel). This seems to be a good time to be making superhero films, especially for Marvel, so something like a Ms.(or Captain) Marvel film could work. If it was good, it could potentially change the opinion of people who think that female action/superhero films can't work, and we could see a great new era for women in films.

Evil-Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most Marvel women have been tied to a team. If you look at the most popular ones (Storm, Rogue, etc.) I don't feel like many could hold a movie on their own. Ironically Black Widow would have the better chance because she's just a spy. Although I would LOVE to see a movie about Mystique.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Fallschirmjager

We've all ready had superheroine movies by WB and Marvel. Catwomen in 2004 and Elektra in 2005.

both were godawful.

Neither were even the first Superheroine movie either. Supergirl came out in 1984 and was also awful. (not even sure if that was the first superheroine movie, just the first I can remember)

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I wouldn't be surprised since DC shys away from bringing any Superhero that's not Superman or Batman to the big screen these days.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

Well DC already had Catwoman, it was crap, but it was a movie about a heroine..then again, Marvel had Elektra...

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I wouldn't be surprised since DC shys away from bringing any Superhero that's not Superman or Batman to the big screen these days.

Not like their marketing, games, or actual comics are any different of that.

Sorry, I'm going to get attacked for saying that. Truth though.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm betting Marvel announces a solo superheroine film, and DC will announce shortly thereafter a Wonder Woman movie. Then DC will fast track the movie so it comes out FIRST, but is pretty awful.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

1984 Supergirl was made by TriStar Pictures and Warner Bros.

2004 Catwoman DC Comics by Warner Bros.

Trolololol

Lena_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lena_Dante

@sideburnguru said:

@black_claw said:

I don't see why anybody would O_O It should be pretty easily accepted fact. They bring in at least one new Superman and/or Batman book every new Wave. It's getting really old.

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideburnguru said:

@black_claw said:

I don't see why anybody would O_O It should be pretty easily accepted fact. They bring in at least one new Superman and/or Batman book every new Wave. It's getting really old.

Oh, because it's happened before. At least you see the point. It's continously done, and it gets old, as you said.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wwcomicfan: I'd imagine Wasp would appear in Ant-man and Scarlet Witch would appear in Avengers 2 long before Ms Marvel.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gokuwarrior

@wwcomicfan:marvel also has a bad trackrecord when it comes to movies with female heros.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Unless Carol Danvers is foreshadowed or introduced as a normal human in GotG, maybe gets her powers at the end? There's always the post credits scene

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle: Maybe foreshadowing, there's no way they'd show her origins if they were planning for her to have her own film soon.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems possible, but not a certainty. As there's going to be a Justice League film that Wonder Woman would have to be in, it seems like they would make her a solo film first. Marvel doesn't seem to have any upcoming projects that would require a female character in a solo film to lead up to it, so it would probably be released in its' own time, which could be any time.

I think Marvel should make more of an effort with this, as I agree that Black Widow doesn't count(and is quite underwhelming as a female face of Marvel). This seems to be a good time to be making superhero films, especially for Marvel, so something like a Ms.(or Captain) Marvel film could work. If it was good, it could potentially change the opinion of people who think that female action/superhero films can't work, and we could see a great new era for women in films.

I like Ms. Marvel and would love to see her in her own movie first. It would likely be The Black Widow for Marvel first in an action-spy movie. I don't think it would be profitable, and before any of that happens I believe Marvel will let Dc take a leap of faith first with Wonder Woman. Marvel would wait to see how it does in the box office if that ever comes in to play. Then they would make a power move. Maybe !

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74:come on dude,if you don't like wonder woman don't come to her forum.

and ms marvel having a movie?,she will need much more character development,and her own supporting characters and villans before going for a movie.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74:come on dude,if you don't like wonder woman don't come to her forum.

and ms marvel having a movie?,she will need much more character development,and her own supporting characters and villans before going for a movie.

She has a those (I don't know a whole lot about supporting cast).

But I will really be happy if Carol gets a movie,but at the same time disappointed with DC.....and if Carol gets a movie before her,I know that DC will suddenly get the drive to push WW

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83what villan does carol have?,mystique is not her own villan,rogue was never her villan,she fights other people's villans,she doesn't have a supporting cast and needs more character development because there isn't enough to tell about her to support a whole movie.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83what villan does carol have?,mystique is not her own villan,rogue was never her villan,she fights other people's villans,she doesn't have a supporting cast and needs more character development because there isn't enough to tell about her to support a whole movie.

What does Mystique and Rogue have to do with it?

I think she has more Kree ties. For example,Yon-Rogg,who I hear is the one that caused her to become Captain Marvel. It seems easy enough to use him and Kree soldiers or something like that.

Anyway,@v_scarlotte_rose may be able to fill you in on that and other things about the character.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gokuwarrior

@cameron83:having a ms marvel movie doesn't mean DC will push wonder woman,because if ms marvel flops DC will be mre careful with wonder woman,after all expecteition for wonder woman's movie is much higher than for ms marvel.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:having a ms marvel movie doesn't mean DC will push wonder woman,because if ms marvel flops DC will be mre careful with wonder woman,after all expecteition for wonder woman's movie is much higher than for ms marvel.

That's if. She doesn't really need to be an icon for her movie to work. I have a feeling that they'll be more likely to push Ms Marvel and make her movie work than otherwise. But you're right,IF it does flop,DC will still be more careful because Wonder Woman's expectations ARE understandably more higher than that of Ms Marvel's.

IF it does work,then I think that they'd want to put more initiative in it

WWComicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WWComicfan

When I say female superhero I mean in the sense of, you know, an actual superhero in the classical sense who is really powerful. Catwoman and electra don't really count in that regard. So the last time it was done was in 1984 and even that was just a superman spin off.

I think Ms (Captain) Marvel would work if they changed the name and focused on the cosmic origin/adversaries. Loved her in the recent Avengers cartoon and yes, they should definitely use the mixed black and red suit in matt colours rather than the all glossy black one.

As I said I think both studios are toying with the idea with supporting female characters like Super-Pots in Ironman, Catwoman in the Dark Knight Rises and Black Widow in the marvel films. Plus you also have popular strong female characters like Daenerys from Game of Thrones. So more generally I think the timing for either studio doing a big superheroine movie is right.

Note: Emelia Clarke is far too short to be a superhero much less WW. Oh god no, could you imagine if they got her to be Wasp? :D

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior said:

I think she has more Kree ties. For example,Yon-Rogg,who I hear is the one that caused her to become Captain Marvel. It seems easy enough to use him and Kree soldiers or something like that.

Anyway,@v_scarlotte_rose may be able to fill you in on that and other things about the character.

Well Mystique was first introduced as a Ms. Marvel villain, and Rogue was supposed to be too, but the last two issues of her first solo series were postponed for quite a while. The Rogue stuff could be tricky to try and put into films, as it would have to lead to Carols powers and memories being erased, so maybe it's for the best that Marvel Studios probably can't use Rogue. She's fought Mystique since then, and it could have been cool if they'd been able to use her.

Anyway, for other villains there's Deathbird introduced in her first solo series, and turned up again as part of the Magnitrons plans in her current series, there's Storyteller from her second series, Doomsday Man is arguably one of her villains, even though he was introduced in a Silver Surfer comic., and Warren Traveller from her second series. They aren't just her villains, but she has a history with The Brood, and has fought M.O.D.O.K. in her first and second series.

As for links to the Kree, she doesn't have much of a history with Ronan The Accuser, but that could be an option. Yon-Rogg would be a good choice for a main villain. If the story timeline was tweaked a bit to fit the film, I think it would be quite possible for Yon-Rogg to get his powers at the same time Carol got hers. I think If Mar-Vell was introduced at the start, and died after the Psyche-Magnitron exploded whilst saving Carol, she could gain her powers, and Yon-Rogg, thought to be dead, could return soon after as The Magnitron. It would be different to how things happened in the comics, but I suppose that has to happen in films sometimes.

As for her supporting cast, there's Dr. Michael Barnett, Frank Gianelli, Michael Rossi, Rick Mason, Salia Petrie, Sarah Day, Tracy Burke, Helen Cobb, Maria and Kit Renner, Wendy Kawasaki, and the Banshee Squadron, though they might be difficult to work in there.

Compared to other characters, this might not seem like much, but I think it's pretty good considering she doesn't have as many solo issues as many others. I think there's enough there for a film though.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By evilvegeta74

This is actually a topic that's not about Wonder Woman , which has been placed in her forum. You should go the topic, oh , I forgot you don't like to do that often. How many times must I shut you downin forums, aren't you tired yet. Lastly who are you to suggest I do anything. You should actually mind your business!

WWComicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is about the possibility of a WW movie and speculating on Marvel making a superheroine movie before Warner Bro can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Probably Marvel is turning out films a lot quicker than DC.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83 said:

@gokuwarrior said:

Well Mystique was first introduced as a Ms. Marvel villain, and Rogue was supposed to be too, but the last two issues of her first solo series were postponed for quite a while. The Rogue stuff could be tricky to try and put into films, as it would have to lead to Carols powers and memories being erased, so maybe it's for the best that Marvel Studios probably can't use Rogue. She's fought Mystique since then, and it could have been cool if they'd been able to use her.

Anyway, for other villains there's Deathbird introduced in her first solo series, and turned up again as part of the Magnitrons plans in her current series, there's Storyteller from her second series, Doomsday Man is arguably one of her villains, even though he was introduced in a Silver Surfer comic., and Warren Traveller from her second series. They aren't just her villains, but she has a history with The Brood, and has fought M.O.D.O.K. in her first and second series.

As for links to the Kree, she doesn't have much of a history with Ronan The Accuser, but that could be an option. Yon-Rogg would be a good choice for a main villain. If the story timeline was tweaked a bit to fit the film, I think it would be quite possible for Yon-Rogg to get his powers at the same time Carol got hers. I think If Mar-Vell was introduced at the start, and died after the Psyche-Magnitron exploded whilst saving Carol, she could gain her powers, and Yon-Rogg, thought to be dead, could return soon after as The Magnitron. It would be different to how things happened in the comics, but I suppose that has to happen in films sometimes.

As for her supporting cast, there's Dr. Michael Barnett, Frank Gianelli, Michael Rossi, Rick Mason, Salia Petrie, Sarah Day, Tracy Burke, Helen Cobb, Maria and Kit Renner, Wendy Kawasaki, and the Banshee Squadron, though they might be difficult to work in there.

Compared to other characters, this might not seem like much, but I think it's pretty good considering she doesn't have as many solo issues as many others. I think there's enough there for a film though.

I have some things to say:

1. You are awesome. Thank you,Rose.

2. I knew I picked the right person to call....I just don't know how you know this,but I knew that Ms Marvel had a lot of supporting cast AND villains that she could use. I mean,compared to Batman it may not be much,but he has many advantages over her (1. Predates her by a far date. 2. Has had much more comics,Carol hasn't had a whole lot). Anyway,I think that she has a great supporting cast,villains galley (that could grow and expand in her series) and I think that she is a rich character in terms of quality. I love how she was portrayed in Avengers EMH (the costume,too).

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@akindoodle: Maybe foreshadowing, there's no way they'd show her origins if they were planning for her to have her own film soon.

I meant like showing the accident and not necessarily the effects of it. Like a cliffhanger or an after effect of whatever the Guardians do. e.g for some reason, they come into contact with Colonel Danvers at some point in the movie. At the end, after they have saved the day or as a result of saving the day or even in the process of saving the day, they crash some sort of Kree technology or whatever into an American military base, one in which Colonel Danvers has the misfortune of being within at the time of the crash. It doesn't have to show what happens to her next. Kinda like they did in EMH where we didn't find out till the very end of the episode

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuwarrior: Could Marvel beat DC to the punch on a superheroine movie? Here's the topic!

It is about the possibility of a WW movie and speculating on Marvel making a super heroine movie before Warner Bro can.

Could Marvel beat DC to the punch on a super heroine movie? You placed this in the Wonder Woman forum !Your topic is about whether Marvel or Dc would be first to make a movie about a female super hero, this doesn't mean Wonder Woman @gokuwarrior: !

@hyiena said:

Probably Marvel is turning out films a lot quicker than DC.

Carol Danvers aka Ms.Marvel/Captain Marvel would be ideal for Marvel to put in her own movie. She's shows the embodiment of a strong woman living in the so called mans world. I think her success in the military world and beyond would be a positve example to the the younger generation of females with out that anti-man/female chauvinistic view that you get from Wonder Woman on occasion! Which could be the reason we haven't seen WW in a movie yet. DC is confused about how to portray the character on the big screen, due to multiple mind sets and morals instilled in the character over decades from writers honestly. No disrespect to the character.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@cameron83:

1. Thank you, and you're welcome. :)

2. Exactly, I think she's done O.K. for having not quite 100 solo issues. It's a shame she didn't get the chance to become a more classic character back in the day, but then sadly, not many female characters did. I think the highest number of solo issues a Marvel woman has had is about 130, and that's Spider-Girl. It's great that she'll have more chances to shine and develop in her new series, and I think Marvel feels the same. When asked about her recently, Tom Brevoort said, "As for CAPTAIN MARVEL, that’s a series and a character that we feel strongly about, so we’re going to continue to do stories about her.", so it looks like they're going to make an effort with her.

I'm not familiar with EMH. Did she get much attention in it?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cameron83

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@cameron83:

1. Thank you, and you're welcome. :)

2. Exactly, I think she's done O.K. for having not quite 100 solo issues. It's a shame she didn't get the chance to become a more classic character back in the day, but then sadly, not many female characters did. I think the highest number of solo issues a Marvel woman has had is about 130, and that's Spider-Girl. It's great that she'll have more chances to shine and develop in her new series, and I think Marvel feels the same. When asked about her recently, Tom Brevoort said, "As for CAPTAIN MARVEL, that’s a series and a character that we feel strongly about, so we’re going to continue to do stories about her.", so it looks like they're going to make an effort with her.

I'm not familiar with EMH. Did she get much attention in it?

I agree. I also think that she is a very rich character,in spite of the fact that she (and many other women) have not had a lot of solo issues or exposure through that.

In EMH she was a prominent member in the start of season 2. She first appeared in her human form in season one (not in costume) in an episode with Captain Marvel (Mahr Vehl) in disguise. It was her first appearance in the show...then something happened which triggered her transformation,I forgot what it was. She was a prominent member in Season 2,though. And she was a powerhouse and it was shown and emphasis was put on it ("She's as strong as the Hulk").

She also had a strong personality and voice.

I am liking what they are currently doing with her.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By THORSON

hypothetically we already seen storm, invisible women, jean grey, sif already on the big screen.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

hypothetically we already seen storm, invisible women, jean grey, sif already on the big screen.

I hate that version of Jean Grey. The character looks 40 or something...

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gokuwarrior

@evilvegeta74:you never shout me down,and you already made it clear that you are bias toward marvel by throwing shades toward DC,so why do you even bother coming to this forum?.

anti-man/female chauvinistic view that you get from Wonder Woman?,you do it again,you don't her character and what she represents yet you think ms marvel has more to offer?,wonder woman is the best femal to put out there with her own movie,she is the female hero,she represents feminist but not male hater,peace maker but not afraid of engaging in fighting, strength, beauty,stand for truth,for equality,for sisterhood,she left a life of luxury in paradise island to go and help a world that is strange to her,which shows part of the huge sacrifices she has made to fight for a better world and that's another great example for women,ms marvel doesn't have enough to support her own movie.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@cameron83: That sounds pretty good. I'll maybe have to watch it sometime.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74:you never shout me down,and you already made it clear that you are bias toward marvel by throwing shades toward DC,so why do you even bother coming to this forum?.

anti-man/female chauvinistic view that you get from Wonder Woman?,you do it again,you don't her character and what she represents yet you think ms marvel has more to offer?,wonder woman is the best femal to put out there with her own movie,she is the female hero,she represents feminist but not male hater,peace maker but not afraid of engaging in fighting, strength, beauty,stand for truth,for equality,for sisterhood,she left a life of luxury in paradise island to go and help a world that is strange to her,which shows part of the huge sacrifices she has made to fight for a better world and that's another great example for women,ms marvel doesn't have enough to support her own movie.

I say the contrary.

@cameron83: That sounds pretty good. I'll maybe have to watch it sometime.

It was an awesome show....until they ended it and replaced it with Avengers Assemble. Never watch Avengers Assemble....ever.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I'd actually like to see a Black Widow movie in the style of the Bourne movies. She-Hulk could work if Marvel really wants too but they'll need to get Ruffalo on board. I think DC should wait till after Justice League comes out to release a WW solo movie. Follow the fans and what people thought of her in JL and go from there.

I think her success in the military world and beyond would be a positve example to the the younger generation of females with out that anti-man/female chauvinistic view that you get from Wonder Woman on occasion!

I'm convinced you know nothing about Wonder Woman. She's several times the role model of anyone in the military. Thinking she is a man hater is ridiculous.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd actually like to see a Black Widow movie in the style of the Bourne movies. She-Hulk could work if Marvel really wants too but they'll need to get Ruffalo on board. I think DC should wait till after Justice League comes out to release a WW solo movie. Follow the fans and what people thought of her in JL and go from there.

@evilvegeta74 said:

I think her success in the military world and beyond would be a positve example to the the younger generation of females with out that anti-man/female chauvinistic view that you get from Wonder Woman on occasion!

I'm convinced you know nothing about Wonder Woman. She's several times the role model of anyone in the military. Thinking she is a man hater is ridiculous.

Femenist, not man hater! Lol, and not a lot about her but enough to discuss. Glad you came out! Carol Danvers being in the military isn't my point. It's the fact that she is strong enough as women to succeed in what was thought to be a mans world!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Femenist, not man hater! Lol, and not a lot about her but enough to discuss. Glad you came out! Carol Danvers being in the military isn't my point. It's the fact that she is strong enough as women to succeed in what was thought to be a mans world!

I think I see where you're coming from. Just like a strong woman. In every sense of the word strong. Maybe work on phrasing next time so there aren't 50 WW fans that want to kill you lol.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@evilvegeta74 said:

I think I see where you're coming from. Just like a strong woman. In every sense of the word strong. Maybe work on phrasing next time so there aren't 50 WW fans that want to kill you lol.

Yeah, you have point lol

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More likely to see a Mera or super/powergirl movie done before a WW movie.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More likely to see a Mera or super/powergirl movie done before a WW movie.

i don't think so.

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
    Cyclonus_The_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 463

I may be insane for saying this and that's perfectly alright, but when looking at the next Hulk movie coming out. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see a She-Hulk movie before either Ms. Marvel or Wonder Woman. Ms. Marvel is still rather vague to the mainstream, and WW really doesn't get the same exposure as the other trinity faces. She-Hulk is quite under the radar too, but riding on the coattails of a Hulk movie, she would probably be easier to digest. The kids will probably freak out just because it's a "Girl-Hulk". But getting directly on topic, I think DC will probably introduce WW in the Justice League movie, and I just can't see Ms. Marvel with her own flick.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By gokuwarrior

I may be insane for saying this and that's perfectly alright, but when looking at the next Hulk movie coming out. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see a She-Hulk movie before either Ms. Marvel or Wonder Woman. Ms. Marvel is still rather vague to the mainstream, and WW really doesn't get the same exposure as the other trinity faces. She-Hulk is quite under the radar too, but riding on the coattails of a Hulk movie, she would probably be easier to digest. The kids will probably freak out just because it's a "Girl-Hulk". But getting directly on topic, I think DC will probably introduce WW in the Justice League movie, and I just can't see Ms. Marvel with her own flick.

that's DC's fault,female comic heros have a bad track record at the box office,but a well done WW movie would make a lot of money,and she is still the most recognized and known female,and the one that has made the biggest amount of money worldwide through the years.

Avatar image for cyclonus_the_warrior
    Cyclonus_The_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 463

@cyclonus_the_warrior said:

that's DC's fault,female comic heros have a bad track record at the box office,but a well done WW movie would make a lot of money,and she is still the most recognized and known female,and the one that has made the biggest amount of money worldwide through the years.

Oh, it's definitely DC's fault, and it seems as if they're always shafting her in some way. Case in point, take a look at the artist they chose for their New 52. Personally, I think WW got the middle finger when you compare Cliff Chiang's art in her book, with Ivan Reis in Aquaman, and the who's who of artist for Suicide Squad; and those are just off the top of my head.

I really do hope to see WW in her own movie, because more than any female comic character she deserves it the most.

Cobalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC already won that contest with Supergirl (1984) it wasnt as bad as everyone Helen Slater won an award for it to :)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobalion said:

DC already won that contest with Supergirl (1984) it wasnt as bad as everyone Helen Slater won an award for it to :)

Which one?? Teen Choice awards? Yeah DC won that contest but I don't think that movie is something to brag about but I'd love to see a Power Girl movie, maybe they can avoid the Earth 2 origins.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, yes they can. Considering DC is to afraid to venture out from Superman and Batman. So yeah most likely Marvel will be at it first.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.