Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Cheetah on new Suicide Squad

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

According to the promo, they're going to be deployed against ISIS. I didn't think it would ever happen, but it seems someone's finally going to behead Cheetah and mount her on the wall.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sealife

@saren said:

According to the promo, they're going to be deployed against ISIS. I didn't think it would ever happen, but it seems someone's finally going to behead Cheetah and mount her on the wall.

I'm not really familiar with ISIS at all. What kind of organisation is that?

Edit: Had a brain fart, know what ISIS is we just don't call it that were I'm from.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
    youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

I hate that book so much...

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It seems this series has become more of a "which villains can we throw in here now?" premise rather than the fact they could die during any mission..

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: hehe suicide squad taking on Middle Eastern terriost nothing new I think they took on a group named the jihad or something b4

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWESOME. I miss the constant roster changes that this book had at the start of the New 52. I cant wait.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41 said:

@sealife: It would matter. Cheetah has potential to have good stories and WW rogue gallery deserves a better treatment.

I was talking about the fact that death means nothing with Black Hand on the team.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suicide Squad always been dumb to me. Another strike for DC.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Saint_Sophie
    @saren said:

I didn't think it would ever happen, but it seems someone's finally going to behead Cheetah and mount her on the wall.

LOL I just had to laugh when I read this. Surprised Diana hasn't done that already given the hype behind her sword.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always kind of wondered why they called themselves the Suicide Squad, it's because they go on suicide missions! And what a suicide mission this will be for this lineup

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: I know you meant that as funny, but it was in poor taste.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

I've always kind of wondered why they called themselves the Suicide Squad, it's because they go on suicide missions! And what a suicide mission this will be for this lineup

I don't understand either. Asking these people to deal with human affairs is just overkill and makes me realised that man this IS a comic world! Also since when did the a government department become so powerful that it's capable of getting this group of people together to do assignments? I am actually curious about what kind of dirt Amanda can possibly have on them.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand either. Asking these people to deal with human affairs is just overkill and makes me realised that man this IS a comic world! Also since when did the a government department become so powerful that it's capable of getting this group of people together to do assignments? I am actually curious about what kind of dirt Amanda can possibly have on them.

I have no idea, maybe they implanted a chip in their heads, something along those lines. For me it's a shame they've done this to Cheetah, I think she's the kind of villain that suits Wonder Woman nicely, one against whom Diana can really show off her skills

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@sealife:

Is Talon the one who attacked Birds of Prey ?

This looks alike Injustice League but i liked specially because Poison Ivy, Cheetah and Talon. Reserve Flash is ok but having two speedsters seems too much and i dont have oppinion about Black Hand but he looks perfect for the team.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZhuRong

@foamborn: Look what they did to Ares. We might never see him again. Cheetah is in a bad spot right now. Lord knows what they might do to Circe. Wonder Woman's villains are basically subordinates.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@sealife:

Is Talon the one who attacked Birds of Prey ?

This looks alike Injustice League but i liked specially because Poison Ivy, Cheetah and Talon. Reserve Flash is ok but having two speedsters seems too much and i dont have oppinion about Black Hand but he looks perfect for the team.

Don't think so, I think he had a leather coat or jacket or something, but I could be wrong.

I totally agree. Having two speedsters on the same team is redundant.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife:

What i like form Birds of Prey´s Talon is that he sees everything as was 1800 and looks cool. Worse is that both are Powerhouses Speedsters. But i have to see and i wonder what is going to happen the team to change to this one.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@sealife:

What i like form Birds of Prey´s Talon is that he sees everything as was 1800 and looks cool. Worse is that both are Powerhouses Speedsters. But i have to see and i wonder what is going to happen the team to change to this one.

I don't remember the Talon to clearly, how was it Ivy didn't take him out herself again?

Yeah both speedsters would destroy ISIS on their own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife:

Well with Birds of Preys (Black Canary, Batgirl, Katana and Starling) they trap Talon on train station. Where there was freezer truck and Poison Ivy sacrefice herself to hold Talon on Freezer Truck but because Poison Ivy can create any plants that she desires, the plants would protect her from dying because plants have defense mechanism that protect them from freezing/cold.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@sealife:

Well with Birds of Preys (Black Canary, Batgirl, Katana and Starling) they trap Talon on train station. Where there was freezer truck and Poison Ivy sacrefice herself to hold Talon on Freezer Truck but because Poison Ivy can create any plants that she desires, the plants would protect her from dying because plants have defense mechanism that protect them from freezing/cold.

Just think it's weird they couldn't take out one talon theirselves.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife:

Talons suposed to great assassins and he was very durable to attack because Starling´s bullets and Black Canary didnt do any damage to him. Fightning skills he handle both Katana and Black Canary took down Poison Ivy. But to be fair New 52 Birds of Prey are weaker than Pre Flashpoint counterparts and they are pretty new to the game.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sealife

@vitalius said:

@sealife:

Talons suposed to great assassins and he was very durable to attack because Starling´s bullets and Black Canary didnt do any damage to him. Fightning skills he handle both Katana and Black Canary took down Poison Ivy. But to be fair New 52 Birds of Prey are weaker than Pre Flashpoint counterparts and they are pretty new to the game.

Oh no, I remember how he did. What I meant is how couldn't these four take out one talon, while Nightwing and Batman could? I mean two of these are metahumans, and one has a magical blade. It just made the team look weak.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn said:

@hastalavista said:

I have no idea, maybe they implanted a chip in their heads, something along those lines. For me it's a shame they've done this to Cheetah, I think she's the kind of villain that suits Wonder Woman nicely, one against whom Diana can really show off her skills

That's how it's been done in some runs. Other factors is a reduced sentence for members who survive missions for a certain amount of time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sealife:

I think everyone had trouble with Talons as well. Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws, where you had Mister Freeze and a Talon and he step to side. Black Canary was only metahuman and Soultaker seems only to absorv souls and Katana can talk with her husband and Poison Ivy is connected with The Green. But Pre Flashpoint Birds of Prey, the team had trouble against Deathstroke, Prometheus and White Canary.

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius said:

@sealife:

I think everyone had trouble with Talons as well. Maybe Red Hood and the Outlaws, where you had Mister Freeze and a Talon and he step to side. Black Canary was only metahuman and Soultaker seems only to absorv souls and Katana can talk with her husband and Poison Ivy is connected with The Green. But Pre Flashpoint Birds of Prey, the team had trouble against Deathstroke, Prometheus and White Canary.

I get what you mean, but still.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.