Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Can anyone beat Wonder Woman?

• 155 results
    ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@madflavor: You must not be reading Wonder Woman series because First Born has been on rampage killing off the gods and that is why Diana is trying to stop him

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Madflavor

@zhurong said:

@madflavor: You must not be reading Wonder Woman series because First Born has been on rampage killing off the gods and that is why Diana is trying to stop him

I know that. But you're saying First Born killed both Apollo and Hephaestus specifically. The Wonder Woman series as far as I know takes place before Superman/Wonder Woman and Justice League, and in Superman/Wonder Women both these gods were alive and well.

None of this really matters anyway, Superman doesn't need the Gods help to stop Wonder Woman anyway. Just saying it would make things a lot easier for him if he had their support.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madflavor: He going to have a problem if she exploit his weaknesses

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To magic? Depends on how much prep time Superman has. If he rushes in without preparing first, then I say his chances are about 50/50, less so if she's decked out in magical gear. But if he makes good preparations, he'd stop her for sure.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 1

@madflavor:

You have a lot of patience for maintaining this conversation, Mad.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
    TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

he can!

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Madflavor

@batwatch:

I've had a lot of downtime at work today lol

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jimishim12

Her boyfriend(Clark), her Dad, many new gods, DC cosmic tier beings, Goku, Bills, Thor, Sentry, Power Cosmic weilders, Marvel Cosmic Tiers, Dr Fate and Strange and many more people.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@madflavor: Superman isn't going to kill her anyways because he loves her and it against his morals. Wonder Woman can always get kryptonite to take him down or lure him under red sun radiation.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

@madflavor: Superman isn't going to kill her anyways because he loves her and it against his morals. Wonder Woman can always get kryptonite to take him down or lure him under red sun radiation.

She can do it without kryptonite ffs

themongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aunt may with a bb gun!!

DID I WIN?

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

Given Clark's character, if Diana by her own free will started killing off heroes and innocent people, and had no interest in stopping, he'd lose all love and respect for her. He doesn't have to kill her to stop her. If anything he'd stomp the crap outta her and then give Diana a nice trip to the Phantom Zone. Also she's not gonna lure him under red sun radiation, that's stupid. Kryptonite maybe, IF she can find some. Even if she does, if Superman is sundipped it probably wouldn't have that much of an affect on him.

@foamborn said:

@zhurong said:

She can do it without kryptonite ffs

Of course she could, but if Superman is out to save Earth and humanity, she probably won't be able to.

WW77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes but few characters

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman 100%

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn:

A lot of the WW/Batman fan-base make the argument that superman is a bad superhero because he's overpowered, but then they contradict themselves by going on to say that WW/Batman can beat superman, therefore making them overpowered. WW beats Superman because of girl power and Batman beats everyone with prep time. Not to mention, they never bother to clarify which Superman they're putting the two heroes up against. Golden Age Superman, Silver/Bronze, Modern age, which one?!

In all of these arguments, Superman is given way too little credit. Because people rarely see superman using anything other than his fists and powers to win his battles, it is often assumed that superman has little to no combat training or skills but this is incorrect.

While most authors prefer to portray him as having brawling-type combat prowess in favor of displaying the magnitude of his powers in battle, there have been some exceptions. Many stories depict Superman as a very capable fighter with or without his abilities, as he has been trained by both Wildcat in boxing and Mongul in the fighting arts. He has fought and learned from Wonder Woman and has also learned martial arts techniques from Batman. To a lesser degree, Superman is also adept at armed combat, as he is shown to be decent with a sword and hammer. He has also learned two different types of Kryptonian fighting styles, Torquasm-Rao and Torquasm-Vo to enhance his body and mind. As of the New 52, Superman returns to being a currently untrained combatant, however, Captain Comet remarked that the Man of Steel's brawling skills are formidable.

Torquasm-Rao and Torquasm-Vo... which can be interpreted as "Hard" and "Soft" styles of Kryptonian Martial arts. Rao is more physical and offensive, Vo is more meditative, fluid, and spiritual (indeed, including a psychic or astral projection aspect which Lois used once and which Superman used to fight a psychic entity).Given how esoteric that is, however, more modern stories simply focus on his combat experience and trained acquaintances who've passed on knowledge over the years. Just the sheer amount of combat Superman sees in his adventures should render him martially competent. Technique matters, certainly, but experience is probably the fastest teacher of technique.

Another thing assumed about superman is that he's an idiot, when a couple of his abilities areSuperhuman Intelligence, Eidetic Memoryand Multilingualism. Superman does have a utility belt and he even makes his own weapons. Superman is not an easy kill, even if his opponent has kryptonite. Superman has his own suit specifically made for dealing with kryptonite. Though styled in the tradition of his regular costume, the K-Suit is made of lead-lined titanium that protects Superman from the effects of Kryptonite radiation. It also can withstand much physical damage and harsh environments. The suit has internal reserves and a filtration/recycling oxygen system. If the armor is breached, it releases anti-radiation foam to protect the user. The armor has regenerative capabilities as demonstrated when Aquaman tore off a piece of it with his hand. A new metal plate immediately sealed the damage. The helmet possesses a retractable one-way visor. This not only protects Superman, but also allows him to release and focus his heat vision.

The Kryptonian War Suit was developed during Krypton's last historical epoch. It was used not only for war, but also for survival in the harsh radioactive wastelands.

Loading Video...

One such battle-suit was created by the service robots inside the Fortress of Solitude. WhenSuperman returned from the dead after being killed fighting Doomsday, he used a Kryptonian warsuit to facilitate the slow recuperative process. Once he reached civilization, he discarded the suit in order to help other heroes fight Mongul and the Cyborg during the "Reign of the Supermen!". During this time, the suit was forgotten about until Lex Luthor (II) discovered it. Bringing it back toMetropolis, Lex reprogrammed it as an automatic fail-safe should Earth ever become the target of another alien invasion. While Luthor lay near death, a victim of the clone plague, he activated the warsuit and used it to house him. With access to all of the suit's armaments, Lex used it to fight Superman during the "Fall of Metropolis". To defeat Luthor, Superman was forced to destroy the armor. The elements of the armor were reverse-engineered and used to create the Simm-Bot battle armor used by the Metropolis Special Crimes Unit. The Kryptonian Warsuit is equipped with a vast array of high-powered Kryptonian weaponry.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naruto, Batman and Supes.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mylius_Steiner

@agent41: Superman would dropkick her. Naruto is a way better fighter. Batman is always prepared for the worst and he's a better fighter. WW only wins because of girl power. In fact, that's the only reason DC created her, they needed a chick.

Avatar image for l3g3ndarypheonix
    L3g3ndaryPheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surprised no one has said Goku and quite a number of guys from dbz could beat her

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Superman would dropkick her. Naruto is a way better fighter. Batman is always prepared for the worst and he's a better fighter. WW only wins because of girl power. In fact, that's the only reason DC created her, they needed a chick.

So, one can just as easily claim Superman wins to fulfill your male-power fantasies and fyi, DC didn't order the creation of a female superhero. Her creation was revolutionary, Wonder Woman paved the way for female characters.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majestic, captain marvel, superman, martain manhunter, icon, Hal Jordan(she can probably take most other gl's) possibly flash and aquaman but not too sure about that. From marvel thor, sentry, adam warlock, silver surfer, beta ray bill, blue marvel, nova prime, full confidence gladiator, quasar

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@foamborn: Same could be said about people who claim that SM and BM are easy kills for WW.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Give me evidence! I've given my fair share of reasons and evidence as to why SM and BM could beat wonder woman.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mylius_Steiner
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

@agent41: INJUSTICE GODS AMONG US. ETC....

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@mylius_steiner: Not really sure what posting a bunch of out of context and non-canon scans are supposed to prove?

MPfly88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MPfly88

@agent41 said:

@mylius_steiner said:

no,WW has given Superman a run for his money in all their fights,naruto is not a better fighter and she is way more powerful than naruto,batman has no chance at beating a powerhouse.

DC didn't order a female hero,her creation marked a before and after her in ther comic world,Wonder Woman is a powerhouse and you obiously don't know the things she has done.

a typical day in the WW forum with comments like this.

@boringperson@pokeysteve@ancient_0f_days

Oh god look at the way he calls for his friends, like blowing a signal from a conch to assemble the Wonder Woman Defense Force. Dude fight your own battles would ya?

Also @mylius_steiner a lot of those scans are out of context and non-canon fights. I'm not saying I don't agree with your point on Superman can beat Wonder Woman, but if you're gonna post scans post the good ones. You're probably just gonna have someone post scans of WW beating up Supes in retaliation. Her fans tend to have foot long steel boners for that Sacrifice fight.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@mpfly88 said:

@agent41 said:

@mylius_steiner said:

no,WW has given Superman a run for his money in all their fights,naruto is not a better fighter and she is way more powerful than naruto,batman has no chance at beating a powerhouse.

DC didn't order a female hero,her creation marked a before and after her in ther comic world,Wonder Woman is a powerhouse and you obiously don't know the things she has done.

a typical day in the WW forum with comments like this.

@pokeysteve

Oh god look at the way he calls for his friends, like blowing a signal from a conch to assemble the Wonder Woman Defense Force. Dude fight your own battles would ya?

Also @mylius_steiner a lot of those scans are out of context and non-canon fights. I'm not saying I don't agree with your point on Superman can beat Wonder Woman, but if you're gonna post scans post the good ones. You're probably just gonna have someone post scans of WW beating up Supes in retaliation. Her fans tend to have foot long steel boners for that Sacrifice fight.

He's not calling us for help. He's showing us how ignorant of her character people consistently are. For some reason the people that know nothing about her spend a lot of time on her forum. We'll laugh about it later.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: So, you cure ignorance with more ignorance? By visiting her forum I open up my beliefs and opinions to criticism. The criticism from current viewers of her forum helps me expand my knowledge on WW.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: Thank for repeating and rephrasing what I've already said. Thank you for finally admitting that SM can beat WW and vice versa.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: So, you cure ignorance with more ignorance? By visiting her forum I open up my beliefs and opinions to criticism. The criticism from current viewers of her forum helps me expand my knowledge on WW.

You should get a sense of her power levels and capabilities before saying things like "Superman drop kicks her". Your entire quoted paragraph in my first post doesn't ring like someone who wants to learn and more like someone who wants to troll.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Mylius_Steiner

@pokeysteve: Your entire quoted paragraph in my first post doesn't ring like someone who wants to learn and more like someone who wants to troll . Yet I learned and am learning a lot from this argument. It's ignorant of you to believe that such comments are only limited to the SM and BM fan-base when you wittiness such behaviors amongst the WW fan-base everyday and in just about every SM vs WW vs BM thread. Out of everyone involved in this argument I was the only to propose that the duels between WW, BM and SM be indecisive, meaning that anyone of the heroes could come out the victor. That was me trying to end the argument with all of us on equal footing, yet here we are still bickering about yesterday's news. Yes, I still somewhat believe that SM would come out the victor, mainly because in the majority of these duels nobody bothers to lay down the rules or guidelines, there aren't any specifics. No specific gens, situations or states. If I really didn't want to learn something, I would've chosen someone like One Above All. Considered as the supreme being, The One Above All is the representation of the comic book artist and writer Jack Kirby and is the only being more powerful than the Tribunal (by far). As such, he is omnipotent and omniscient meaning his powers are unlimited, incalculable, and immeasurable. As if that’s not enough, he is also Omnipresent and as such, there exists only one, in all realities at once. The WW fan-base isn't any different from the SM and BM fan-base.

Mylius_Steiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Mylius_Steiner

@pokeysteve:

"Can anyone beat Wonder Woman?" This question is too broad.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
    Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mpfly88 said:

I'm not even going to waste my damn time........

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Your entire quoted paragraph in my first post doesn't ring like someone who wants to learn and more like someone who wants to troll . Yet I learned and am learning a lot from this argument. It's ignorant of you to believe that such comments are only limited to the SM and BM fan-base when you wittiness such behaviors amongst the WW fan-base everyday and in just about every SM vs WW vs BM thread. Out of everyone involved in this argument I was the only to propose that the duels between WW, BM and SM be indecisive, meaning that anyone of the heroes could come out the victor. That was me trying to end the argument with all of us on equal footing, yet here we are still bickering about yesterday's news. Yes, I still somewhat believe that SM would come out the victor, mainly because in the majority of these duels nobody bothers to lay down the rules or guidelines, there aren't any specifics. No specific gens, situations or states. If I really didn't want to learn something, I would've chosen someone like One Above All. Considered as the supreme being, The One Above All is the representation of the comic book artist and writer Jack Kirby and is the only being more powerful than the Tribunal (by far). As such, he is omnipotent and omniscient meaning his powers are unlimited, incalculable, and immeasurable. As if that’s not enough, he is also Omnipresent and as such, there exists only one, in all realities at once. The WW fan-base isn't any different from the SM and BM fan-base.

It's not what you proposed and more how you proposed it. Batman has no chance against either of these two straight up. Superman vs Wonder Woman is highly debatable and has been debated many times here. Half of the scans you posted are either out of context or out of canon. The one with Bizarro isn't even from a comic and is fan art.

With the big picture though you are right. Superman can beat Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman can beat Superman.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By reaverlation

Superman stomps if current versions

KaraZor-el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ww hate is strong.

Lol

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Can anyone beat Wonder Woman?"

I'm a WW fan, and no I am not here for bias answers. For DC, yes there are Superheroes and Supervillains that could beat. If you want to get off DC then Marvel, and yes there are also Superhero and Supervillains that could beat her. She may be the most skilled warrior, or if you prefer new 52 she could go God mode I don' think she'll ever had a chance not to be beaten by Celestial Beings, both comic publisher (DC and Marvel) has Cosmic/Celestial Beings.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Madflavor

@agent41 said:

@karazor-el said:

The ww hate is strong.

Lol

have you been on youtube?,this is a playground in comparision.

To be fair it's actually a lot worse for Superman if you're gonna bring youtube into this. I was watching the fight between Supes and Doomsday from the first DCAOU movie. Amazingly choreographed fight, very well done, very brutal, and very emotional. Superman gives everything he has to stop Doomsday and save everyone. But then I looked at all the comments and it was mostly insulting and mocking Superman, and people talking about how Goku would own him. This is just one example of many. Superman fans have to constantly deal with this kind of nonsense, and let's not forget how we're always putting up with idiot Batfans talking about how Batman would beat Superman because he's Batman.

Find me a video that doesn't have a comment about Batman beating Superman, and I'll find you 10 videos that do have those comments in response. It's pretty ridiculous. All these are some of the big reasons that you see Superman fans such as myself defend Superman every time a fan gets him wrong or severely underestimates him.

EDIT: Ok so case in point, check out the #2395 post in the Superman respect thread:

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/new-52-superman-respect-thread-670295/?page=48

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.