Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Calling All Flash And Wonder Woman Fans.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jphulk26

Calling All Flash And Wonder Woman Fans.

Over on Comicvine the following organised petition is taking place. I feel any true comic fan, who would like to see a Wonder Woman or Flash movie, and more done with DC characters outside of Batman and Superman will support our cause.

For Injustice Gods Among Us: Game Promotion, they´re holding a tournament of the best DC fighters.

I´m trying to get a large number of comic book fans to vote for Wonder Woman and Flash in the next round to show their popularity. In addition to voting for them in their next battles against Batman and Joker respectively, I am trying to organize a tweeting campaign on their message board, demanding more is done with DC characters outside Batman and Superman.

View links

http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/vote-for-ww-on-justice-league-battle-forum-make-sure-she-wins/92-749335/#108

I´d like to make clear, I love Batman and Superman and have a huge collection of comics from both characters. This isn´t about our favorites or who we think would actually win.

This campaign is about showing us comic book and comic book movie fans support for characters other than Superman and Batman. By tweeting and voting for them, we can show they´re popular enough to hold their own movies, their own graphic novels, animated series or animated features. Wonder Woman especially needs our support, as the official policy of DC is now not to put out anymore animated films with female leads, even though Wonder Woman is now there fourth biggest selling title, and one of the most critically acclaimed features.

I´m pissed off with all DC´s excuses about characters not being relatable, or women can´t be leads in films, and all the other hog wash they use to jive the fans and stay in their insulated little comfort zone of Batman. For Batman fans as well, which includes myself, Rebooting Batman every five years is not going to do great things for the character I can assure you. It will get stale eventually. So why not use some of their other great characters. At the moment on Comicvine we are getting together to organise a time where we will all tweet together on the Injustice Gods Among Us message board, so as to flood the message board with requests from CBM fans - demanding things such as:

"We want a Batman Begins, Man Of Steel like Wonder Woman film"

"We want a Rucka written Earth One Wonder Woman Graphic Novel"

"We want a Wonder Woman/Flash Solo Movie, Animated Series, Graphic Novels Please."

"We want less Superman/Batman Animated Features, More Wonder Woman/Flash/Birds Of Prey etc Please"

If we can try and tweet and share this with people who want DC to get off their ass and do stuff for the rest of their great characters, Wonder Woman and Flash being the first, we should try. It may not be much, but it´s more affective than bitching all the time on this and other sites, having our wishes fall on deaf ears.

Please support the cause, it´s a good one.

Batman and Wonder Woman are next. It is a tall order to get her to win, so if you support this idea please let me know from replies, so we can organise a unified action. Also please share this with people you know agree. If you let me know how many people you´ve got to vote we can at least give Wonder Woman and Flash a fighting chance.

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Skewer

I'm in!

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Press Oblivion

Participate. I. Will.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SmashBrawler

This is a lost cause but a'ight, I'm in.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Press Oblivion

It's never a lost cause where Wonder Woman is involved. ;)

Crucible248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crucible248
    @Press Oblivion: That's the spirit! 

Count me in, let's go Wonder Woman and Flash!!!!
    marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By marvel123

it would be cool to see another WW animated movie, i liked the first one

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Bruxae

I dont really click links but if this is about the battle arena im voting for WW anyway.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jphulk26

@Skewer: @Press Oblivion: @Press Oblivion: @SmashBrawler: @Crucible248: @marvel123: @Bruxae:

Remember to vote and tweet today.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#10  Edited By Black_Claw

I voted for Wondy and Flash!

wonderW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By wonderW

i thought i was the only one feeling like dc was all about bat and sups.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catsnlynne

I'm a Flash fan (love Barry Allen) but not a Wonder Woman fan.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SmashBrawler

Already voted for these two.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jphulk26

@Skewer: @Press Oblivion: @Press Oblivion: @wonderW: @Black_Claw: @SmashBrawler: @Catsnlynne:

Get some tweets out. tweet support.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Black_Claw

Well Batman won the fight against Wonder Woman. But at least the Flash won against the Joker!

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bruxae

Indeed, dissapointing.. But I did get really happy Joker wont be taking it home atleast.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jphulk26

Thanks everyone, we tried. But atleast Flash won as you said, bittersweet, but we tried.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jphulk26

@Press Oblivion: @Bruxae: On the bright side, we´ve got a ton of fun as Batman fanboys try and explain how Batman would defeat a guy who can move faster than the speed of light. I really want to hear some of these excuses. :)

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Black_Claw

Dude you won't believe how many people were raging and making excuses for the Joker when Flash owned him. Lmao

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bruxae

@jphulk26: Tbh theres one reason and one reason only the Bat won.. The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Outside of comic book readers (the gaming crowd for once) people just dont know Wonder Woman well enough, so they will fanboy over the Bat and Joker.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Black_Claw

@Bruxae: Well lets be thankful the Jokers fanboys didn't take home the gold this week.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jphulk26

@Black_Claw: Yeah thats true, Lex Luthor should have won; but I really don´t see how they can justify Batman beating Flash. Flash is in some ways the most powerful superhero there is according to physics. I mean I think Joker if anything has more of a chance to beat him than Batman if its down to planning. I mean Bats fighting skills has nothing to do with it, the only way he could win is through a strategy and Jokers probably as good if not a better strategist than Batman. He frequently twists Batman into his world of madness and is the only person who confounds Batman rationality and plans regularly.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Black_Claw

@jphulk26: Those are some good points. I'm voting for Flash Next week, but in the end it's highly likely that the final fight will be Batman vs Superman. Largely, because of TDK trilogy and on top of that, Superman has a new movie coming out this year. But then again you never know, Flash surprised everyone today despite the large amount of Joker fanboys.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jphulk26

@Black_Claw: I´m voting Flash as well. I think he may have a good chance, cause more people are aware of his powers than WW. Her powers and abilities are a bit more complex and haven´t been depicted at anywhere near there real level in anywhere apart from the comics. Flash on the other hand is different, "swing voters" ;) (god this is getting serious) may well end up choosing Flash, cause really if you cant even see a guy, and he can be in an infinite amount of places all at the same time, you really can´t beat him, unless your Superman or Wonder Woman level power, that can one, nearly keep up with him and two, are durable enough to take the punishment. I´ve always said Flash is kinda probably one of the only guys in the league I´d think twice about in terms of someone who could beat the likes of Superman and Wonder Woman in a straight fight. Martian Manhunter being a far second, cause of his obvious weakness.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Black_Claw

@jphulk26: Well, I hope Flash goes for glory! But then again, somethings telling me that Jokers fanboys might vote for Batman out of spite. Lol

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jphulk26

@Black_Claw: True. Do you think Flash could beat Superman? what are your thoughts, just interested.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By comicace3

I'll go for flash... not WW though.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Black_Claw

@jphulk26: I don't know to be honest. Superman could put up a good fight for obvious reasons, but then again, Flash is capable of moving faster than the speed of light. Not to mention that his speed alone makes his attacks a lot more powerful and painful than they should be. On top of that, he can vibrate his molecules to make himself intangible, so even if super man decided to hit Flash with a long range attack like heat vision or ice breath Flash could either simply run to avoid it or phase right through it.

Plus, his powers can be very destructive if he decides to go all out. There was one episode in the old Justice League cartoon where Flash and Lex Luthor switched bodies and Lex used Flash's powers to do things such as create tornadoes and vibrate an objects molecules so fast so that they could explode. With that said I think it would be a pretty close fight.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jphulk26

@Black_Claw: My thought is this, Flash could beat superman killing him, in two ways, but both would involve a voluntary suicide or him paralyzing himself. 1. infinite mass one inch punch. He could literally punch supes out with a one inch punch at the speed of light or more, which would be 50 million million times the strength of a punch from Doomsday. That would kill superman, but considering, Flash´s body is as vulnerable as any human, that would also shatter him from the inside out. 2 The second again involves moving faster than the speed light, running so throwing his whole body into a single blow, but again, same problem, his body would not be able to with stand the force of the impact. Kind of like a car crash, it does a shit load of damage to the still thing it hits, but ends up pretty damaged in the process. Thats my thought anyway.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Black_Claw

@jphulk26: But remember, Flash can also vibrate a persons or objects molecules to the point where the person/object could explode. So Flash could probably make Supes explode without suffering the type of recoil damage you've just explained.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jphulk26

@Black_Claw: good point.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#32  Edited By Jenkale

this is kind of awesome

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

Wonder Woman would win

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@razzatazz I don't think we need this pinned anymore ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.