Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Beyonce Will Be 'Wonder Woman'?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By jakob187
    @TheBug said:
    " And thus another film to join Electra and Catwoman in the hall of female superhero epic fails."
    You know, as much as I hate to say it...female superheroes never seem to be able to get one single decent movie made about them.  Maybe they should give up and leave it to the men!
    Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#202  Edited By Green ankh
    @Mr Creesy:

OK How about a White Black Panther? Or Blade? C Diaz as Storm  At times it isnt isnt about the color but being true to the material. I like Will Smith but he wasn't James West.  A bad choice is a bad choice.
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By Umbraa

Wow. Here come the racist comic fans. 

mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By mv

AWWW HELLL NAHHH

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#205  Edited By Calvin
    @Babs: It's not the first time I hear about this, I wonder if this time is for real...

For me as long as she can act, I'm alright! 

Well to be 100% honestly I'm very septic she got what it takes, as Diana is a special and peculiar character can be very easily misinterpreted if one doesn't know her character very well. 

Then again Beyoncé have been surprising me with the whole "I Am… Sasha Fierce" thing and playing a lead role in the "Obsessed" movie and all.... by the way have anybody seen any of her movies, how's her acting skills??? – Because I really don’t know o_O
    GUNSMI1TH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By GUNSMI1TH

WONDER WOMAN HAS A LOOK THAT GENERATIONS HAVE COME TO KNOW..GREEK, STATUESQUE, ICONIC..NOT A RACIAL THING..SHE AWSOME, I LOVE HER SEXY LOOK LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY..BUT NOT WONDER WOMAN..THIS IS "DOMINO EFFECT"..EXAMPLE=CATWOMAN-LETS MAKE A CATWOMAN MOVIE, LETS CHANGE HER RACE, HALLE BERRY, PEOPLE WILL LOVE IT, IF THEY'LL LOVE THAT LETS GIVE HER CAT POWER-ITS NOT IN THE COMICS BUT IF WE CAN CHANGE RACE WE CAN CHANGE ABILITIES, PEOPLE WILL LOVE IT, LETS CHANGE HER NAME, HER NAME IS SELENA KYLE IN THE BOOKS BUT HEY IF WE CHANGE RACE, ABILITIES,NAMES..HISTORY, PEOPLE WILL LOVE IT..."DOMINO EFFECT". 

Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Storm Rider
    @Umbraa said:
    "Wow. Here come the racist comic fans.    "

First of all, I'm sad to see that I was right about eight posts up from the one I type right now. 

With that said, let's call a double standard a double standard: if fans won't embrace a white character being played by a woman of color (WHICH SHE ISN'T: THE STORY'S A FAKE!), then it's racist. But if we were told tommorrow that Triple H from the WWE is playing Luke Cage in a movie, it'd be racist to cast a white man as a black character. You just can't have it both ways.

shankarma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#208  Edited By shankarma

lol i would love to see her do this love u bee
    Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GUNSMI1TH: Catwomen Was Black Befor Hally
    mclovin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By mclovin

This is worse than hearing that Santa Clause doesn't exist. It's like hearing he has a brother named Jeff that takes polaroids of the children Santa leaves presents for...

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#211  Edited By Green Skin

This went over 200 comments for a story that isn't true, wow! thats just plain silly.  Way to read people.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#212  Edited By Queen's Halo

I'm sure it won't have any negative reactions what so ever. But is it going to take place in a alternate reality, like the Hally Berry Catwoman movie?

buddyblackhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By buddyblackhawk
    @Green ankh:
    whats wrong with big asses i like them
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#214  Edited By castleking
    Storm Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Storm Rider
    @Green Skin:
    And there will be another 50 or so comments of people who can't read treating it like it's true and completely ignoring your post, too. I thought people who read comic books actually....you know.....read.  

Too much fun to get worked up over to ignore, I guess.

Power NeXus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Power NeXus

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Nova`Prime`

217 posts in less then 24 hours.. I wonder what the record is.

Jezzes2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Jezzes2009

...........no......just plain and simple, Beyonce will make a horrible Wonder Woman, I have never boycotted a DC movie in my life, but I will boycott this one if it stars her as the title role

Samuraikenpo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Samuraikenpo

U know there is another movie that made this kind of mistake before with ITS CALLED CATWOMAN!!!!!!! so i pass on this movie big time
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#220  Edited By Moomin123

I think Beyonce will do well. She's done serious roles before. 
    If she doesn't do it then Jennifer Connely should have the role.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Green Skin
    @Storm Rider said:
    " @Green Skin: And there will be another 50 or so comments of people who can't read treating it like it's true and completely ignoring your post, too. I thought people who read comic books actually....you know.....read.   Too much fun to get worked up over to ignore, I guess.  "
    True that.
    Timm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#222  Edited By Timm

DC is all about the fail-bombs when it comes to movies aren't they?
    we need to organize people. it's time to raze Warner Brothers Studios much like the villagers did the windmill when they came for Frankenstein.

mattydeNero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By mattydeNero

COMMENT 223

Have you seen OBSSESSED?!?!?!  This is the "WTF?!" of 2009 officially.
    wordchallenge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By wordchallenge

I think Wonder Woman deserves a live action movie finally.  Have they really done anything with her since Linda Carter?  But DC better be careful with how they do it.  I adore Beyonce, but I don't see her in this part.  Sorry, B.
    Riezner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#225  Edited By Riezner
    @Hawk said:
    " Hey look two people who could actually pull it off!

No Caption Provided

"
    NOW WE'RE TALKIN!!!! Robin from How I Met Your Mother = A+ in my book. Wouldn't mind running into her Lasso of Truth, if y'know what I mean......Do you know what I mean?
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#226  Edited By castleking

No Caption Provided
    welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By welshguy

Ohh, Like a shot to the kidneys this news. 
    Whether not Bonce can act is debatable (I remember her getting on my tits in Goldmember, mind you, so did Mike Myers as Austin Powers) but whether or not she can play Wonder Woman... that's a bit of a big grey area. 
    On a side note, any else see her as a younger version of Tina Turner? Right down to the crap dancing. Maybe its just me.

KattVonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By KattVonNoir

Ugh...I hope not it would TOTALLY be a catwoman/Halle Berry thing and GI joe was like a super shit movie, so Beyonces acting+GIJoe ppl= really scary
    Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#229  Edited By Ravn

Latest news from Comicbookmovie.com, just in case no one else has seen it:    

Ex-Contributor "Resurrection" has come clean and admitted in the comments section that he made this story up to impress his girlfriend. The fraud has cost him his account, but by the looks of the "confirm or debunk" votes, he didn't fool you saavy CBMers.
    In case you're still interested in his early attempt at an April Fools article, it is below.  BTW, any submissions of " fake news" except on 4/1 will get you banned from CBM, so please, no copy cats.

Avatar image for crimsoncomedian
    CrimsonComedian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By CrimsonComedian

Are they purposely trying to hurt us?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#231  Edited By Korg
    @Ravn said:
    " Latest news from Comicbookmovie.com, just in case no one else has seen it:    

Ex-Contributor "Resurrection" has come clean and admitted in the comments section that he made this story up to impress his girlfriend. The fraud has cost him his account, but by the looks of the "confirm or debunk" votes, he didn't fool you saavy CBMers.
    In case you're still interested in his early attempt at an April Fools article, it is below.  BTW, any submissions of " fake news" except on 4/1 will get you banned from CBM, so please, no copy cats.

"
    $5 says this post also gets ignored. Apparently half of the people on this site are actually Chicken Little.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Korg: If i ever meet you in person, I'll give you the 5$.
    calebjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By calebjoe

rather Megan Fox she is better

welshguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By welshguy
    @Korg said:
    " @Ravn said:
    " Latest news from Comicbookmovie.com, just in case no one else has seen it:    

"
    $5 says this post also gets ignored. Apparently half of the people on this site are actually Chicken Little. "

Voices of reason in a post? The sky truly is falling
    conflik1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By conflik1986

LOLLLL I'm sry dis shitis awful WHAT the hell?? its so bad its hilarious Wonder woman?? 4rm Texas?? Beyonce obviously has a texas slur so what made them say "hey lets make a movie... Oh n beyonce should have the lead as wonderwoman" I was scared megan fox would b her but now she's startin 2 look like  a good choice ... man I fuckin hate beyonce they r ruining the comics... n what credentials Max payne?? Gi JOE?? well I never seen GI JOE but it looked stupid 2 me but MAX PAYNE is one of da worst movies right up there with street fighters (jean claude Van damm) dis jus pisses me off wonder woman played by stupid fuckin beyonce sighhh lollll

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @conflik1986: Clean up the language man. Thanks.
    logansgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By logansgirl

Blasphemy!

Beyonce is no WonderWoman! 
    This will be FAIL!    

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Calvin
    @calebjoe said:
    " rather Megan Fox she is better "
    I would Megan Fox be better if she doesn't want to play Diana and says she doesn't even like the character??? - Really that's better?
    Wolverine0628

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#239  Edited By Wolverine0628

If this is true, it's going to be Halle Berry as Storm all over again.
    keala08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By keala08

i think everybody should stop talkin about race because some of ya'll song racis i mean im lookin at some of the comments that people r putin out and the pics of people yall think should play WW i mean come on  i think yall juss puttin people out there because the whit and have brown hair i think u gays r not lookin past  beyonce color lets be real beyonce is the baddest bitch in entertaiment and wonder woman is the baddest bitch in comics beyonce has the attitude, the body to pull of the ww outfit and make it look bad ,the look ,the will because she been fightin for this role for awhile ,i mean she may not have the actin skills right know but its not like they start filmin tomarrow i mean have u seen cadilac records it shows she can play a dramatic role im pretty shore shell be takin actin class and thats really all she need is a little actin classes and shell have the whole ww package for real people come on its 2009 almost 2010 think out side the box people
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Korg

Yes! I was so hoping someone would come along and play the race card again! This is the thread that keeps on giving...

Bergquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#242  Edited By Bergquist

no no no no no      no no no no no   
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @keala08 said:
    " i think everybody should stop talkin about race because some of ya'll song racis i mean im lookin at some of the comments that people r putin out and the pics of people yall think should play WW i mean come on  i think yall juss puttin people out there because the whit and have brown hair i think u gays r not lookin past  beyonce color lets be real beyonce is the baddest bitch in entertaiment and wonder woman is the baddest bitch in comics beyonce has the attitude, the body to pull of the ww outfit and make it look bad ,the look ,the will because she been fightin for this role for awhile ,i mean she may not have the actin skills right know but its not like they start filmin tomarrow i mean have u seen cadilac records it shows she can play a dramatic role im pretty shore shell be takin actin class and thats really all she need is a little actin classes and shell have the whole ww package for real people come on its 2009 almost 2010 think out side the box people "
    Not to be rude, but you should slow down, spell check, read over what you've written and make sure it makes sense, and then you can go about calling us racists :D I mean I'm with ya, lets make Wonder Woman black cause Beyonce is the baddest bitch in entertainment. I mean, cant argue with logic like that. I think if they make a movie about Obama they should get John Mayer to play him. That dude is blowing up.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Korg
    @Gambler said:
    "I think if they make a movie about Obama they should get John Mayer to play him. That dude is blowing up. "
    I think America is ready for that. I mean, it would be powerful, right?
    keala08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By keala08

uh !! my bad i was in a rush i  had to get my hair did !!!so let me sum it up people! people should not juss be lookin at her race they she be lookin at the whole package im one of those people who will be first to say beyonce actin skills aint all there but like  i said before she ,got the attitude ,the body,and the look .come on people wonder woman is not white she's an amazon. hell she made out of sand or clay or whateva !!!!!!!!

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
    Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#246  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe
    @RedK said:
    "NO times infinity "

Halle Berry, Catwoman  

Michael Clarke Duncan

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By The_Ghostshell
    @Korg said:
    " @Gambler said:
    "I think if they make a movie about Obama they should get John Mayer to play him. That dude is blowing up. "
    I think America is ready for that. I mean, it would be powerful, right? "
    It would be epic. They could have a montage with, "Your body is a Wonder Land" playing in the background.
    Lost_Rellik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Lost_Rellik

I have to highly disagree with that, to make the biggest known woman superheroine somebody of different ethinticity than what she actually is, is really stupid honestly. No to be racist or anything, but its like picking Will Smith to star as Superman; it just wouldn't seem right, end of story.
    keala08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By keala08
    @Lost_Rellik:
    uhh!!! im sorry but will smith would rock the shit out of playin super man ,end of story

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.