Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Best pre New 52 (2000s era) WW title

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Can someone please recommend for me please, a really good Pre New 52, post 2000 WW graphic novel to add to my growing graphic novel collection, as I am lacking WW stuff. I already have JLA League of One which is heavily WW based so something from that era would be fine...(I think it was written in 2000).

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bezza said:

Can someone please recommend for me please, a really good Pre New 52, post 2000 WW graphic novel to add to my growing graphic novel collection, as I am lacking WW stuff. I already have JLA League of One which is heavily WW based so something from that era would be fine...(I think it was written in 2000).

hiketeia.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

• Greg Rucka's run is considered one of the best.
    • Gail Simone's The Circle would also be a good choice
    • Alan Heinberg's Who is Wonder Woman?
    • And even though it's not 2000s era, I would recommend George Perez' Wonder Woman origin story.
    • Also Grant Morrison is doing an Earth One Wonder Woman graphic novel called The Trial of Wonder Woman so that'd be a great read if you're not too familiar with Wonder Woman. It's coming out some time in 2014 and I can't wait for it since I love Morrison's writing!
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@lvenger:

I have already checked out "the circle" and definitely a Morrison story is exciting news...lets hope he does an "All Star Superman" type epic for Wonder Woman...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I still haven't read it but from what I hear Rucka's run is considered the second best after Perez's run.Another story you can read is Who is Wonder Woman by Alan Heinberg.The other things from the 2000s era that I've read sucks.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would recommend George Perez's origin great art and story but my favorite is still new 52 WW

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.