Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8717 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Best improvised Wonder Woman costumes

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

Diana almost always sticks to her regular costume as her approach is not so much based on stealth or surreptitiousness.  Compared to Batman who is often in some disguise, the need rarely is there for Diana.  Still there have been a few instances where she has donned other clothes.  Here are some of my favourites: 

She was impersonating a member of a Chinese cult here (from Wonder Woman vol 1, issue 285) 
    She was impersonating a member of a Chinese cult here (from Wonder Woman vol 1, issue 285) 

I didn't much like the John Byrne run on Wonder Woman, but this costume from a dream sequence where she was battling the Cheetah was good. 
    I didn't much like the John Byrne run on Wonder Woman, but this costume from a dream sequence where she was battling the Cheetah was good. 
    This is my favourite, after accidentally traveling back in time she disguised herself as Miss America so that her mother would not find out she was there. 
    This is my favourite, after accidentally traveling back in time she disguised herself as Miss America so that her mother would not find out she was there. 
    TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TypingKira

The last scan makes me think 'magical girl transformation sequence' in the style of Sailor moon XD  

Great blog! I love the second outfit -- I wonder if it comes in my size? 

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cosmo111687

I kind of have a soft-spot for Wonder Woman's total disregard for reality. Maybe nowadays there's a little too much focus on examining the Woman part of her name and far too little time placed into just enjoying the Wonder part.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @cosmo111687 said:
    I kind of have a soft-spot for Wonder Woman's total disregard for reality. Maybe nowadays there's a little too much focus on examining the Woman part of her name and far too little time placed into just enjoying the Wonder part.

I read a story yesterday, where she was in a room, that had filled with water (somehow... oh wait, a single water molecule started expanding, that's right erm...) and so rather than just have Diana knock down the wall, or even door, or window... she put her feet on the door and started to spin like a bottle top, in order to bore a hole though the door, so her and Steve Trevor could escape... 0_0 It was crazy awesome lol (and convinced me she actually wanted Steve Trevor to drown lol) so I agree too!  

Great blog Razzy! The first one freaks me out. The third is my favorite as well. 
    cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cosmo111687
    @SC said:
    @cosmo111687 said:
     I read a story yesterday, where she was in a room, that had filled with water (somehow... oh wait, a single water molecule started expanding, that's right erm...) and so rather than just have Diana knock down the wall, or even door, or window... she put her feet on the door and started to spin like a bottle top, in order to bore a hole though the door, so her and Steve Trevor could escape... 0_0 It was crazy awesome lol (and convinced me she actually wanted Steve Trevor to drown lol) so I agree too!     Great blog Razzy! The first one freaks me out. The third is my favorite as well. 
    HAHA! Well, perhaps that's just how they get through doors on Paradise Island... 
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MrDirector786

I like the second one the most.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MrDirector786
    @cosmo111687 said:
    Agreed. I think the main problem is that nowadays people seem to think that realism and relatability are what make stories and characters good. I made a thread a while back asking if realism really makes things better and stated that I think it really doesn't matter if something's realistic or not. Imaginative stories and characters can be just as good and even better than relatable characters and realistic stories if you ask me.
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Ghostshell

60's martial arts style Diana

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cosmo111687
    @MrDirector786 said:

@cosmo111687 said:

Agreed. I think the main problem is that nowadays people seem to think that realism and relatability are what make stories and characters good. I made a thread a while back asking if realism really makes things better and stated that I think it really doesn't matter if something's realistic or not. Imaginative stories and characters can be just as good and even better than relatable characters and realistic stories if you ask me.
    I think they're both important. I mean, it's really funny how fanciful some of Wonder Woman's golden age stories were, and purely escapist fantasy is great in small doses, but I think her best stories are the ones that are relatable and are, well not necessarily realistic, but truthful to the internal logic of the world she lives in. It's just, she does have this legacy of complete silliness that few people really know about, and its nice to see that side rather than see her taken too seriously as a super-feminist icon (even though that's more the public's perception of her rather than who she is in the comics).
    Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Timandm
    @cosmo111687 said:
    Well, when you're almost as strong as Super Man, invulnerable, and can fly.... You can afford to have a disregard for reality.  LOL!
    Being Hot also helps...
    MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By MrUnknown

Second one looks the best!

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11  Edited By COBRAMORPH

@MrDirector786 said:

@cosmo111687 said:

But, we have to see people dealing with ghosts & aliens in a realistic way.

Also, since she is based on greek myth, but its like Thor, if they were to make a movie, it'd try to make her created by aliens. Realisticly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.