Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Best Dr Psycho moments

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sinisteri

This is a twisted character handled best when his complexities are highlighted.

Although I hated the run, I loved his WW pants era moment where she asked him who he was. He responded that he was afraid to tell her because he feared she would hate him.

He was effectively used in War of the Gods. Messed with Hermes majorly.

And he was fiendishly evil in his debut showcasing his hatred and torture of women in Diana's life.

Any other moments?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Odyssey. I really don't find any other portrayals of him to be terribly interesting.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By dshipp17

@sinisteri said:

This is a twisted character handled best when his complexities are highlighted.

Although I hated the run, I loved his WW pants era moment where she asked him who he was. He responded that he was afraid to tell her because he feared she would hate him.

He was effectively used in War of the Gods. Messed with Hermes majorly.

And he was fiendishly evil in his debut showcasing his hatred and torture of women in Diana's life.

Any other moments?

His best moments mostly occurred during Marston's run; he did get some time, briefly, starting with issue #160 of volume 1; post-crisis, his best moments occurred during Odyssey and Rucka's run, but, unfortunately, Rucka's run was left incomplete; it's very intriguing for me to wonder what Rucka was planning with Dr. Psycho; it's unfortunate that there is so little to present since Dr. Psycho has mostly been left in the Wonder Woman desk since the Marston run. By far, his worst moment would have been during his post-crisis introduction during the Perez run, where he was shown preying on a baby; thus, I like these reboots and to see Dr. Psycho reintroduced, if but for that part of his history to have been retconned away. He has great potential to really be pitted against Wonder Woman on various moral dilemmas, if he can be substituted for Hades during Azz's run. But, post-crisis speaking, some of his best moments may have been outside the Wonder Woman book.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defo liked what Rucka started. i wish they´d develop a modern darker version of him. he could be a great character.

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whygamespot

Odyssey. I really don't find any other portrayals of him to be terribly interesting.

This.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: They'd need to move past the psychotic angle they keep dragging him back to... like his FE appearance.

Like wouldn't it be great if he could be this psychic Hannibal Lecter-sort that could get into people's heads even without using his powers?

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: They'd need to move past the psychotic angle they keep dragging him back to... like his FE appearance.

Like wouldn't it be great if he could be this psychic Hannibal Lecter-sort that could get into people's heads even without using his powers?

I'm honestly confused: why do people keep associating Dr. Psycho with a psychotic angle? Why in the world do you group Dr. Psycho with someone like Hannibal Lecter? Dr. Psycho has nothing to do with psychotic individuals, Hannibal Lecter, or serial killers. You're thinking about people like the Joker. And I'd prefer that Dr. Psycho not be made in the images spoken above.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Did you miss that part about him wanting to take the scalps off a few people to rewire whats underneath?

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

I'm cool with the the psychic Hannibal Lechter angle, but I'd rather him be the the misogynistic mind rapist he was intended to be. Make him as EVIL as Dr. Light, yet still in love with Wonder Woman. Give him a harem of sex slaves like Ariel Castro, but they never really satisfy him, because he's fixated on the one woman he knows he can never truly possess.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dshipp17

@scorpio_cassadine said:

I'm cool with the the psychic Hannibal Lechter angle, but I'd rather him be the the misogynistic mind rapist he was intended to be. Make him as EVIL as Dr. Light, yet still in love with Wonder Woman. Give him a harem of sex slaves like Ariel Castro, but they never really satisfy him, because he's fixated on the one woman he knows he can never truly possess.

Now I really like the way you think; I'd rather he be completely separated from that Hannibal Lechter/serial killer angle, however; if going that route, Dr. Psycho would no longer be able to jive with me. He's definitely in love and obsessed with Wonder Woman; he can have Wonder Woman but never may be able to truly posses her, even though she may spend some time in his harem; this angle will help Dr. Psycho began to reflect upon himself and consider correcting any of his personal psychological flaws to try to truly be in Wonder Woman's good graces.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dshipp17

@outside_85 said:

@dshipp17: Did you miss that part about him wanting to take the scalps off a few people to rewire whats underneath?

I don't remember that being in the Wonder Woman book. Additionally, there's a huge difference between threatening to do that or thinking about doing that versus actually having have actually removed someone's scalps and, better still, having have actually carried out that threat on multiple people. Again, that's a separate psychology than what Dr. Psycho is and is more appropriate for the likes of Joker and similar characters; additional, it's also that Dr. Psycho's separate psychology is what's better suited as a curative presence for the Wonder Woman character and book; opposing a serial killer only adds to what people want to perceive about the Wonder Woman character versus weening out the actual Wonder Woman character; I believe that it's Dr. Psycho and his specific psyche that is what's necessary to accomplish shinning a light on the Wonder Woman character that she does not want the outside to know and leaves her little wiggle room to throw out comments similar to what she threw at Hades to exit that situation.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:

@outside_85 said:

I'm honestly confused: why do people keep associating Dr. Psycho with a psychotic angle? Why in the world do you group Dr. Psycho with someone like Hannibal Lecter? Dr. Psycho has nothing to do with psychotic individuals, Hannibal Lecter, or serial killers. You're thinking about people like the Joker. And I'd prefer that Dr. Psycho not be made in the images spoken above.

wrong, i think dr. psycho should exactly be like the side of hannibal that gets in peoples heads which is what rucka did brilliantly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.