Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8807 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Best Battles in Comics: Wonder Woman vs. Superman (WONDER WOMAN #219)

• 116 results
    Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@k4tzm4n said:
    @jayc1324 said:

@k4tzm4n: "She knows that neither one will truly win if they continue this clash"

Unless I am just reading that the wrong way.

Physically, Superman would obviously win (I tried to get that across by saying Wonder Woman has what it takes to "hold her own for quite some time," but not win). In terms of the story? It's a lose-lose if that fight continues. Wonder Woman will eventually die or she'll need to find a way to kill a Superman who refuses to quit. On the other hand, Superman could kill Wonder Woman. None of these should be considered victories -- unless you're Maxwell Lord, of course. Even if she found a way to "win" the fight, it would mean destroying her friend. So, that's what I meant by neither one "truly wins if they continue this clash." Sorry for the confusion.

She does mention in the scans of the fight that she was 'barely holding back', while Superman wasn't. And the way the fight is ended was when she nearly took his head off with the tiara, pausing him (to stem the blood, note that she could actually slash his throat without killing or crippling him while he's coming towards her) and giving her time to force Max to let go of him.

But you are right that both could have killed the other and it would have been a lose for either.

Self-DCeit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Self-DCeit

@crazyscarecrow said:

@self-dceit: Deathstroke beat the League. Or at least some of its member. He beat the Atom with a laser point, makes Zatanna vomit preventing her from saying her spells, stabbed Wally Flash with a sword, took over Kyle Rayner's Green Lantern ring and prevented him from using it through hand wrestling, cuts off Hawkman's wings, gagged Black Canary, and exploded Elongated Man. Green Arrow pretty much stopped the fight by shooting Deathstroke in the League.

Deathstroke still won over against much of the League.

I get what you're saying, but most of them were on their feet ganging up on him after Arrow stabbed him in the eye. Deathstroke knocked them down, but not out, so it wasn't a win. But we're definitely in agreement that it took a lot of plot armor for him to take down some of the leaguers the way he did, and that plenty of people pointed that out.

I miss the good ol' days when super-heroes were just that, human(oid) with above average skills, or powers. Not the god-like level that can destroy planet-level powers and abilities. This is why I find it hard to read comics in this day and age. Maybe it's just me. God I feel old suddenly. *goesbacktorockingchair*

You mean, the days where Superman snuffed out stars with his superbreath or sneezed solar systems out of existence? Or when Wonder Woman towed planets with her lasso? Unless you mean the 40s by "good ol' days".
    linkjt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

The League of One fight was better, though. Wonder Woman tries to take out Superman with a sucker punch, Clark hits her once, and then Wonder Woman is like "Ouch, ok, jeez stop hitting me I don't want to fight".

That's paraphrasing a little (a lot), but it was amusing. Personally I always thought the Medusa fight in Rucka's run was much better than the Superman fight.

Lol it's good to see a person with sense of humor. Sometimes things related to WW tend to get out of hands. People taking everything so seriously and personal and that is when the hurting time begins if you know what i mean. But honestly speaking. Hasn't this topic been covered already?. We know how this SM vs WW thing goes. I mean when i look at the fights between SM and WW what i see is DC telling us SM is more powerful but WW is powerful enough to give a going all out Superman a fight. Is that interpretation wrong or what?. In a fight between the 2 i don't see her winning but what i get by looking at their feats and fights is that she can give him a true fight. Her fans should be happy shouldn't they?. Being able to give a serious Superman a fight speaks volumes about her as a powerhouse. Isn't that enough to prove that she is a top tier?.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@linkjt said:

@saren said:

The League of One fight was better, though. Wonder Woman tries to take out Superman with a sucker punch, Clark hits her once, and then Wonder Woman is like "Ouch, ok, jeez stop hitting me I don't want to fight".

That's paraphrasing a little (a lot), but it was amusing. Personally I always thought the Medusa fight in Rucka's run was much better than the Superman fight.

Lol it's good to see a person with sense of humor. Sometimes things related to WW tend to get out of hands. People taking everything so seriously and personal and that is when the hurting time begins if you know what i mean. But honestly speaking. Hasn't this topic been covered already?. We know how this SM vs WW thing goes. I mean when i look at the fights between SM and WW what i see is DC telling us SM is more powerful but WW is powerful enough to give a going all out Superman a fight. Is that interpretation wrong or what?. In a fight between the 2 i don't see her winning but what i get by looking at their feats and fights is that she can give him a true fight. Her fans should be happy shouldn't they?. Being able to give a serious Superman a fight speaks volumes about her as a powerhouse. Isn't that enough to prove that she is a top tier?.

most would probably agree .. but there are the rabid handful of internet folks who freak out about the idea of WW not winning every fight, to some people that immediately equates to an anti-female agenda at DC.

For me, I see her as pretty much the equal of SM ... she's about the same strength, he's more invulnerable, they are roughly the same speed, she has the superior skills, she has her weapons and he has a slew of abilities ... circumstances and intent of each of them will most likely dictate the victor, not statistics ... in Sacrifice I didn't see her as "barely holding her own" I saw her as fighting him toe to toe and having the advantage at times. The part of the fight that makes it difficult is that she was trying to save SM and he was trying to kill her. She admits to holding back, and quite frankly it's obvious that she wasn't using deadly force, and just as obvious that he WAS. I generally find SM fans cannot deal with any possibility that he might lose so we find a lot of fights on this forum because WW fans can easily see that she CAN defeat him. In either case the winner of their fights is not a foregone conclusion.

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

most would probably agree .. but there are the rabid handful of internet folks who freak out about the idea of WW not winning every fight, to some people that immediately equates to an anti-female agenda at DC.

For me, I see her as pretty much the equal of SM ... she's about the same strength, he's more invulnerable, they are roughly the same speed, she has the superior skills, she has her weapons and he has a slew of abilities ... circumstances and intent of each of them will most likely dictate the victor, not statistics ... in Sacrifice I didn't see her as "barely holding her own" I saw her as fighting him toe to toe and having the advantage at times. The part of the fight that makes it difficult is that she was trying to save SM and he was trying to kill her. She admits to holding back, and quite frankly it's obvious that she wasn't using deadly force, and just as obvious that he WAS. I generally find SM fans cannot deal with any possibility that he might lose so we find a lot of fights on this forum because WW fans can easily see that she CAN defeat him. In either case the winner of their fights is not a foregone conclusion.

Or perhaps you should blame yourself for being completely incapable of grasping the difference between "losing less" and "always winning".

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@self-dceit: Yeah I remember that now. Cuz Dr. Light realized what they all did to him and ran away for some reason. I love the Identity Crisis though there is so much fault in it. I wished I never watched that Linkara video hahah.

Darkseid_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By CSG_CL

@foamborn: Proving my point about rabid fans yet again. Thanks for always being the proof in my internet pudding.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzylittlerodent: oh... my bad. It wasn't my intention to make you feel like one, and just thought you should have graciously accepted the apology. It's hard to tell with just text. I can't use the tone of your voice or facial expressions to tell if you're being sarcastic or humorous in my defense though. so when i read it I interpreted it a different way

@batcat91: Sorry for the late response. I understand a bit, but I've learned to look at others views on how things would and could happen. At 17 though, People couldn't convince me that Hulk could beat Spider-Man. Lol

lol understandable i guess. I think I'm just one of those readers that's not really caught up on feats for heroes then I am about telling an epic, awesome story. Sure it's cool when the protagonist does something amazing, and it's to be expected in the superhero genre but what really grabs me is excellent characterization, evolution in characters and in depth plot and storytelling.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By CSG_CL
    kenshima15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn! I respect Wonder Woman even more now!

Sleepy_Prismo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: Among the best, hardly the best... XD

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know if we draw all moments of the two greatest feats on the tale, we could show that in the end Superman is superior to Wonder Woman with the later barely by a hair rivals his strength and speed. Superman I believe can basically do anything his mind thinks up with his powers creatively while Wondy has specific magical tools that barely amp her natural power set creavtively. It's like Silver Surfer and Thor, SS is capable on paper to do anything and basically be omnipotent if he wishes, Thor only reaches skyfather level potential and we have seen that Odin himself at his full capacity is no match for Galactus at full power.

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wonder woman is freaking badass xD

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Pretty glad that when Clark punched her he punched her towards the earth. Otherwise the heat of reentry wouldn't have re awoken her and thus the fight would've been over too soon.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@agent41 said:

You can't know that.

Really? Then this scan must be wrong. Oh wait.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

In League Of One she even admitted that she couldn't beat him in combat and thus resorted to stalling for time before revealing her grand scheme of things. Their difference in physicals may not be that big a gap like comparing Daredevil and Donna Troy. But it's enough of a difference to show that Clark is a peg up her in the physicals.

Like I said, glad that Clark chose to punch her to the earth otherwise their fight wouldn't have been as great. Even though Clark showed physical superiority in this fight and probably would've won had they kept going, at least it showed that Diana's decent skills and near par physicals still let her give Clark a decent fight.

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agent41: yassssss and in new 52 she is God of War so she is more awesome :D

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moi245: ahahaha no. GoW is revolting...

moi245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk80: ummm thats your opinion but i like the idea of GOW :)

Hawk80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

on Kratos, not WW...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.