Azzerello? Leave or Stay

Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Azzerello? Leave or Stay (172 votes)

Stay 65%
Leave 15%
I don't care 20%

I personally think his book is amazing, and can't wait to see where he takes us. At the beginning I had some complaints but I easily got over it by the 11th issue.

#251 Posted by Akindoodle (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42 said:

@powerwoman: Great feats are anything that isn't stupid. Why do people think that only lifting stuff are feats. Feats can be so much more.

I agree. In my opinion killing a hydra with nothing but a lighter and a rusty knife (hypothetically speaking) would be a feat that blew Superman's weightlifting the earth nonsense out of the water.

#252 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Not me,call DC

You just have two choice.Accepted New 52 wonder woman is weak or must be agree wonder woman should be has high level feats,even it's silly

You can hate superman,really

#253 Posted by akintoussaint (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: My point is simply this. Wonder woman doesn't not need over the top feats in her book.She isn't weak. Lobdell screw up superman by flooding the book with over the top feat's and Azzarello is wise not to follow his example. Thats all im saying

#254 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@akintoussaint: Well,you can hate lobdell,but this silly thing is happen,or wonder woman is far weaker than superman or she has some silly feats too

#255 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Or you can agree that I have my opinions and you have yours. Why do you feel the need to try to convince me?

#256 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: I agree,but you must be accepted New 52 wonder woman is super-weak

#257 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: Right. Those are also much more interesting. When I saw that Superman feat I just rolled my eyes because its just not that cool anymore. They over use those feats.

#258 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: However,New 52 wonder woman is weak,at least for now,she'feats can prove it

#259 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: To you not to me. Just accept our different opinions.

#260 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: But you cant prove wonder woman not weak,0 feats

#261 Edited by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Yes I can you just don't accept them. Your going in circles again. Just stop posting about the same thing.

#262 Posted by akintoussaint (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Or i can say that she is powerful.She just doesn't need to move planets to prove it. There are other more interesting ways to prove a characters Strength.Agree to disagree.

#263 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio
#264 Edited by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: haha I prove your explanations invalid. But you keep repeating it.

#265 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: No,you just dont listen and wrong,you cant changed wonder woman 0 feats though

#266 Posted by Outside_85 (10237 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: If given a reasonable explanation for the outcome of the fight, yes I would enjoy such a throwdown. If that makes me a troll in your eyes, then I will cry snot and point out you need to space after using the comma.

#267 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: haha lets rewind shall we...

I showed WW beating Supergirl and then you said " WW said Supergirl is a match for strength and speed. Superman easily beat Supergirl. WW beat Supergirl only because of her experience."

I proved you wrong by saying " WW actually said Supergirl is CLOSELY matched in strength and i speed. And Supergirl said WW was too fast for her. And looks as strong as Superman. Wonder Woman easily beat Supergirl too."

I showed Wonder Woman hurting Superman and handling Hal. You said "They were only trying to hold her back. Not hurt her."

I proved you wrong by saying "The feat is Wonder Woman hurting Superman not fighting him. Hal wanted to fight Wonder Woman after she backhanded him in front of a crowd."

#268 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Read superman 06,beat supergirl?

you points just make me look like so ignorance

#269 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: You prove i'm wrong?!what?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/new-52-superman-vs-wonder-woman-681576/?page=5

your scan almost prove is wrong,not me

#270 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: That's exactly what you put down. Don't blame me. I just copied your posts. By the way that was robot Superman and Supergirl was holding back.

#271 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Look like most of people agree my points not you though

#272 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: No I know alot of people who agree with me. They aren't agreeing with you they are saying right now Superman would win in a fight based on feats. I agree. That doesn't mean she is weak which is the topic of OUR discussion. Actually that whole page has nothing to do with this discussion. They never said WW was weak. They said WW was weaker than Superman and I agree. Pay attention next time,

#273 Posted by Outside_85 (10237 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Only person agreeing with you is Gokuwarrior.

#274 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Wonder woman is weak,that enough

your each scans cant prove wonder woman is powerful,they are debunking you points

however,new 52 wonder woman is just weak,wonder woman vs katana is a good match up of battle,I can not wait to see it how katana beat wonder woman

#275 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: you mean high level feats or wonder woman is weak?

yeah,I'm understand there people how so such hate wonder woman has a high level feats

And,yes,wonder woman vs katana is a good match of battle,no any silly just like wonder woman no any silly feats

#276 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Again, you don't make sense. And our points are vastly different. Can't we just end this agreeing that we have different views.

#277 Posted by Akindoodle (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: weightlifting feats always remind me of steroids for some reason. When I first saw the picture, I thought "Superman must be high off his rocker". So I prefer feats of intelligence, improv or strategy

@powerwoman: Or i can say that she is powerful.She just doesn't need to move planets to prove it. There are other more interesting ways to prove a characters Strength.Agree to disagree.

Preach man. Someone's talking sense. Besides, does it really need to be all about physical strength? What about quickness of wit? Ability to improvise with your environment or whatever's lying around? Strength of character? And oh, let's not forget FIGHTING SKILLS!!! where she pretty much outranks everyone on the JL. (And no one say Batman - he started training when he was 18, she's been training since she could walk. She's younger, she's lighter, she's faster, etc). Anyway, she's already proven to have all these and more, so in my book, she's as strong as she needs to be.

#278 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: but most of the time there is no real reason,batman one shotted aquaman,manhunter,flash and wonder woman more than once,and there was no reason,the same with deathstroke vs wonder woman,hulk vs a giant snake,black panther vs silver surfer,hulk vs thor,x-men vs phoenix,there are too many fights where stupid things happen without a reason,and that's when the writters act like cunts for me,because they don't do fights with characters in the same league,or try to imagine a good ereason to explain how a character way waeker had a chance.

#279 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@akintoussaint said:

@powerwoman said:

@akintoussaint: If DC really just want to give her a popularity boost.

WHY NOT KATANA VS SUPERMAN???

superman toe with toe fight to katana would be give katana more popularity boost than wonder woman

Superman will probably be fighting Captain Marvel because they have a overarching story building to that (The pandora's box thing).Doesn't mean he would be fighting other characters along the way(including katana).Keep in mind this all as not been confirmed yet.

why always is wonder woman got street level charater?why not superman or other guys?

Well considering most of he JLA is street level heros. Who would you have her fight?

Why superma must be always has crazy feats?why wonder woman always has poor feats?

Again people don't want ridiculously high feats because they are unnecessary to the story.Just because Superman does it doesn't mean WW has to.Otherwise we basilcly have a superman clone.

Why superman comic book always has more attractive, higher sales?Why wonder woman has a long time agos low sales?

Because There hasn't been a run that has pleased the Wonderwoman fans universally since Perez. Every time writers tried to part there spin on WW the fanbase gets piss and stop reading

Why superman always has good writer and wonder woman just has a little bit good writer?did you know Post-crisis?

Thats highly subjective

In order to attract, DC let WW shorts are getting shorter, also are called "shorts shorter, higher sales volume."

I don't understand this part.

characters aren't overpowered,there are a lot of characters powerful enough to fight and beat superman,with the feats wonder woman has now,she is weak,doesn't even have enough feats to prove she could take aquaman,and you are wrong,people love high end feats,that's why DBZ and sailor moon destroy batman and every comic in sales and popularity,people love to see amazing fights with amazing power levels,what they don't enjoy is comic writters taking them for idiots,they writte a character to be a planet buster and then for the sake of a certain plot the character gets owned by a human?,obiously many people will think what is this trash?,be serious a character can do something or just can't,it can't be both ways,give us some consistency please,that's why comics get owned so easily by mangas nowdays,the problem is that writters are cunts that for whatever reason they don't think in a good match up,they don't make the characters fight people in the same league,they make stupid an match up where a street level character fights a powerhouse and put up a fight or even win,that is not quality in the story,that's trash,and lack of imagination,with countless of powerhouses in DC,they can't find powerhouses to fight other powerhouses?,or at least create a reason why a street level character is doing well against a powerhouse?,like katana found a crystal that gave her mystical powers,or something like that,they are supposed to be profesional writters but they can't imagine something like that?,even a 5 years old kid would be able to think about that.

and wonder woman doesn't sell as much because she doesn't get promo,when she had a very good run like perez,they did nothing for pushing her,tring to use her full potential,movies,animated series based on that run would have made her a huge succes,but no,and it doesn't surprise me,comic companies live and die with 3 titles,they don't know how to handle all their characters,and when it comes to females,they don't know how to promote them and market them properly,another reason why female characters in mangas like sailor moon and slayers destroy in batman in sales,they know how to do a good promotion and give them exposure in other media.

#280 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Wonder Woman must be have great feats

No one hope spider man moving the earth,this is really silly,why?because we all know spider man isnt in the this strength level

Wonder woman always is "moving planet" strength level,just Accepted it

I'm not want to wonder woman to do silly thing,I'm just hope she was close to superman in strength level,but DC let superman lift earth five days,what can i do?i'm wrong?

you can hate DC,hate superman,dont hate me,i dont think my points is silly or something,high level feats wonder woman must be has,or agree superman 10000000000000000000000x stronger than her

just Choose

#281 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@akintoussaint: @lilben42: @outside_85: @akindoodle:

And again,if wonder woman isnt need physical strength,she just need skills,why just take her super-power let wonder woman become a Kung fu warrior?then give your good story,You are so satisfied wonder woman isnt need strength speed thing,if so,why not steer just let wonder woman no power?

If your are just care about story dont care about wonder woman power,a normal wonder woman your are would be love it,because if wonder woman no any power,she skill would be become most important,i will happy(save my moneys,i'm like a wonder woman has power not normal,if wonder woman just normal woman+story,why i'm must be read it?there has a lot of norman woman comic book was much better than wonder woman)

and your are happy too

#282 Edited by akintoussaint (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Again Superman lift a planet.Something can even the most powerful of his rouges cannot do.How exactly do you beat a guy like that?

Actually DBZ and Naruto shippden get called out alot for that(among other factors).Just because other people enjoy these types of fights doesn't mean everyone does.Case in point.My little pony also beats DC and Marvel in terms of sales.

These is no reason to suggest that they haven't though of it.The pair up hasn't even been confirmed.Relax.

The problem with that theory is that the same can be said for all characters who dont walk around with a bat on they're chest or is related to superman.Yet some still sell. Aquaman never had a animated series.Yet his title was one of the best selling titles in the new52.

#283 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@akintoussaint: Yes,I'm agree,and if you are so such hate high level feats why cant agree wonder woma is super-weak?

#284 Posted by akintoussaint (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Because a characters strength should not be judged basd on stupid stuff like lifting planets.Like i said. There are other more interesting ways to prove a characters strength that don't make me feel like the book was written by my 7-year old brother

#285 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@akintoussaint: Your call "stupid stuff" is happen in the superman

if wonder woman cant do it,you think it's stupid,you must be agree wonder woman is weak,because all that stupid thing,DC just let it's happen,You do nothing think about why happen it,it's just happen

And there has a ton people dont care about wonder woman strength and speed just like wonder woman skills,if so,why not just take wonder woman all of super-power,wonder woman become Kung fu warrior you would be so happy because wonder woman skills that would be become most important,you would be dont care about wonder woman silly strength and speed anymore,happy?

#286 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: Again Superman lift a planet.Something can even the most powerful of his rouges cannot do.How exactly do you beat a guy like that?

Actually DBZ and Naruto shippden get called out alot for that(among other factors).Just because other people enjoy these types of fights doesn't mean everyone does.Case in point.My little pony also beats DC and Marvel in terms of sales.

These is no reason to suggest that they haven't though of it.The pair up hasn't even been confirmed.Relax.

The problem with that theory is that the same can be said for all characters who dont walk around with a bat on they're chest or is related to superman.Yet some still sell. Aquaman never had a animated series.Yet his title was one of the best selling titles in the new52.

false,before new 52 darksied and doomsday proved to be planet busters too,and you don't have to destroy a planet to prove you can,darksied and doomsday have shown incredible power of destruction through the years,they have feats to prove they can match superman and there are characters way above the planet busting level in comics,all the cosmic characters with solar system power,aliens with superman's stats and omnipotent characters can easily handle superman,in comics there are even characters more powerful than DBZ characters(naruto characters can't even beat characters like ms marvel let alone superman level characters),but the problem with comic writters is that many times they can't be consistent with their characters when they make them fights,they have enough powerhouses at the same level to make them fight one another,so why do they create stupid plots where they water down chacracters?,they do that with all characters not just superman level characters ,they even water down characters like wonder man and ms marvel,and they are mid powerhouse,so this is my complain,they can't come up with good ideas to be consistent about the capabilities of every character,when it's not really hard to create fair fights,if ms marvel is a 75 tonner with super sonic speed then let her fight peole in the same league,don't show me a scan where she is owned by a street level character like tigra,if a character has super speed don't show me a comic with the character being tagged by people without super speed,if a character has planet busting powers don't show me the character getting KO by a nuke,whatecer the power level is,they should respect it,respect that standard,be consistent,so we readers don't get confused and don't get to feel like if we are treated like idiots that buy everything no matter how stupidly written it is.

#287 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: This is PIS thing....

all of charater has it..but wonder woman just has more and more PIS...

#288 Posted by Akindoodle (1040 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: I don't really want to argue the point but as I said before, strength isn't just how much you can bench press or how hard you can hit your opponents or how far you can throw them; it's how effectively you can do it. Ingenuity and all that. So she's not "super-weak" to me. That's my 2 cents

Let's agree that we don't agree and give it a rest. (I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved in this)

#289 Edited by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: Where I say wonder woman must be lift planet?

I say wonder woman must be have high level feats,high level feats if a good writer that would be no any silly

high level feats dont mean lift planet,but please let wonder woman at least can match superman,for now?check superman feats and wonder woman feats, This is a serious imbalance

#290 Edited by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: Your going in circles again. It doesn't bother me because she is still recognized as a powerhouse. And we haven't seen any negative feats of hers. So she could still be really strong. If she struggled to pick up a car or a plane then I would be annoyed. But she didn't.

#291 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: But wonder woman feats isnt match superman,that just serious imbalance,everytime I'm hope wonder woman should be has awesome feats,you and other guys just call me it's silly

what's wrong?even it's silly,is much better than wonderwoman vs katana,both is silly,But let me choose one,I'm going to high level feats

#292 Posted by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerwoman: WW vs Katana would have happened even if she had high feats. Because its the writers that matter. I'm not understanding why you see Lobdell made a dumb decision then want Azarello to? I don't really care if WW have high level feats its the lifting planet feats that are stupid.

#293 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: Read my posts,read it

high level feats isnt mean only lift planet,i say at least can match superman in feats

#294 Edited by lilben42 (2601 posts) - - Show Bio
#295 Posted by PowerWoman (3576 posts) - - Show Bio

@lilben42: So,I say wonder woman should be have high level feats,but just check it,it over years,she isnt have great strength,speed feats,i dont know why

if DC really think wonder woman is superman power level,they are should be give her really powerful feats

#296 Edited by JuliusTakalua (316 posts) - - Show Bio

read the old WW books first and could NOT stand them. Now I appreciate her and love her because of Azarello's stylish writing. So many themes that is so not WW in WW that are being explored. I mean it's great.

Stay, i really don't care about the fanbase stuff. Just write a good book, that's all you need. This book has been stellar since its inception. WW is more mature and scarier than before. Less comic-y.

Why can't she evolve like Batman and Superman? The so-called "old fans" are restraining her and that's not good. Batman changed, so did Superman. Both are now two of some of the greatest characters in fictional history. Wonder Woman has always been quite bland because her books offered nothing spectacular before, just a comic-y books. No real evolution in Wonder Woman, we don't need writers who are geeks. We need GOOD writers who knows how to WRITE.

Get Gailman, Moore, Azarello etc... don't care. As long as they're good.

And honestly Azarello needs to stay a bit longer to get other arcs done. He needs a trilogy, I say.

PS anyone up for a ORION mini-series?

#297 Edited by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@juliustakalua:azzarello sucks,wonder woman had great stories before,azzarello didn't make her evolve he turned her into a complete different character,perez,ruka,simone,those were grerat wnonder woman's run,with stories,deep,mature,great adventures and great action,batman and superman never had their core changed like what azzarello did to wonder woman,and his run is a flop,nobody wants to buy it because it's trash,so get your facts right.

#298 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1449 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: actually he right superman and batman change over time you remember the golden age batman and superman let just say the fan-base would have a heart attack if they knew what they did then the silver age were it was more campy then reboot hit and we got the modern stuff

#299 Posted by gokuwarrior (4368 posts) - - Show Bio

@darknightspideyfanboy: no they didn't change the way that arazzello did to wonder woman,their origin stayed the same,like their villans and supporting cast.

#300 Edited by darknightspideyfanboy (1449 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuwarrior: superman and batman both killed batman used a gun superman slap lois that was golden age.silver age it was truth justice and american way superman and batman was having sci-fi adventure well pretty much this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55S4v4Pdvw4 fan did not like that show lol. on the origins it always superman planet dies but the reason it dies changes from war to natural causes batman parent dies but it changes from Joe chill being the killer to just some guy.The villain you make it sound there gone forever or will nvr see again but there still around same goes for her supporting cast Steve and Etta are still around and i don't know if heard but steve will have a part to play in this trinity war

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.