Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Azzarello's creative characters

lilben42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lilben42

Many people complain about these two designs (Ares and Hades) because they think it takes away from the character but in actuality it adds more to the character. The designs are a reflection of the characters mentality. Here's my opinion on them:

Ares: He is the embodiment of war and the idea of war is an old and tired idea. The idea of war really doesn't change. No one likes war and nobody wants it around. Which is probably one of the reasons everyone hated Ares and why he hated himself. He brought death and destruction everywhere he went. I love that he was always drinking. I guess the question is why hasn't Diana done the same? Why hasn't she spread death everywhere she goes. Well because she's not consumed by hate. I doubt she hates anyone. I guess the question now is if war isn't about hate then what is it about? What is war really?

Hades: He is represented as a child which is very fitting for the character. As we saw in wonder woman #8, #9, #10. Hades is someone starved for love and who better to represent that than a child. As a child we all wanted to be loved we all wanted attention and to be cared for even if you didn't realize it. Hades wanted to be loved by anyone as long as he was loved. He didn't care if it was fake as long as he felt it. He's the embodiment of a child's needs. It's also interesting to see when Wonder Woman and Lennox broke off their deal with Hades and Poseidon, Poseidon got over it easily while Hades didn't. He wanted what he was promised and wouldn't stop til he got it, kind of like a temper tantrum.

Anyways just some theories on the characters by what I've observed. One of the reasons I live Azzarello's Wonder Woman story. I doubt you guys read it all. If you guys have any theories I'd love to hear them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.