Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Azzaerllo confirm this year wil be his last for wonder woman

• 85 results
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#51  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@lvenger: @darknightspideyfanboy: Yea DC will want the book to tie in more with the WW that's been portrayed in the other books or even maybe the WW that will be in the movies. The only real connection Wonder Woman has with th DCU at large is that Wonder Girl is Lennox's daughter.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEDEEEEEEEDEEEEEDEDEEWEDCUWNAIUBNUXB8UYORGASM YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MULTIPLE OERGASM YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CAN HE LEAVE A BIT SOONER PLEASE ?YEEEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEEESSZSSSSSSSSEYYEYYSAYSYY7AY9BDSUYBABCUVWUYAHUSYES

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#53  Edited By Lvenger

@jonny_anonymous: And that was brought in by Lobdell as a forced measure rather than it being developed organically like Azzarello would have done.

@jphulk26 said:

YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEDEEEEEEEDEEEEEDEDEEWEDCUWNAIUBNUXB8UYORGASM YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS MULTIPLE OERGASM YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CAN HE LEAVE A BIT SOONER PLEASE ?YEEEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEEESSZSSSSSSSSEYYEYYSAYSYY7AY9BDSUYBABCUVWUYAHUSYES

And here's the king of Azzarello haters here. Get your childish and puritan response system why don't you? After Azzarello leaves, you'll be stuck with a sub par, generic and bland Wonder Woman title that'll have the writer trying to force Wonder Woman back into the DCU sacrificing the wonderful foundations Azzarello has laid for Wonder Woman in favour of generic stories from writers who don't know how to handle her. But hey, apparently that beats what Azzarello is doing for some unknown reason because it doesn't annoy Wonder Woman puritans like you.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@darknightspideyfanboy: True, they will have to keep the baseline of what Azz has set up as Wonder Woman's world. But the issue is that since Azzarello has crafted a story arc away from the New 52 and current continuity, the next writer will be tasked with bringing Diana into the New 52 fold. And that's what'll probably make it suck so bad IMO as is the problem with writing a Wonder Woman solo.

This. It would be stupid if DC changes their mind of keeping Azz and Chiang's characters, those characters are too unique and precious for DC not to keep around, DC will probably make the branch out to the larger DCU.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @darknightspideyfanboy: Yea DC will want the book to tie in more with the WW that's been portrayed in the other books or even maybe the WW that will be in the movies. The only real connection Wonder Woman has with th DCU at large is that Wonder Girl is Lennox's daughter.

Wow, didn't know about that, it was in Teen Titan's, right? Cause I don't remember this being mentioned in the main WW book.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUperman & Wonder Women title already tied them into WW's world. As did some of Superman's titles. The bridging has already began.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@rustyroy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Wow, didn't know about that, it was in Teen Titan's, right? Cause I don't remember this being mentioned in the main WW book.

Yep.

@drgnx said:

SUperman & Wonder Women title already tied them into WW's world. As did some of Superman's titles. The bridging has already began.

Yea but Azz as stayed away from all that because quite frankly it's a load of crap.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Unfortunately that's why DC will probably ignore them, because Azzarello has had his set story in mind for 3 years and this has cost DC the chance to integrate Wonder Woman into the New 52 DCU in her own title.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By tigerkaya

YESS!!! Excellent no more Azzerello. Well Azz fans its been fun but gtfo out of here.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By PapiNacho

@lvenger: It really depends on the author, I mean Peter J Tomasi integrated stuff Grant Morrison did pretty organically into his Batman run, I expect competent writers to pull it off.I know Scott Snyder said in an interview he would love to write Wonder Woman so I think he would be a great choice since he is done with the wake and eternal.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: Snyder expressed interest in a Wonder Woman story? He is working on Batman, Eternal, Wytches and American Vampire and he still needs to finish Superman Unchained so he's stretched pretty thin suffice to say. I'll be interested to see how Snyder writes Wonder Woman though in her cameo.

YESS!!! Excellent no more Azzerello. Well Azz fans its been fun but gtfo out of here.

And how will things be better without Azzarello? Look at how Wonder Woman has been portrayed outside of her own title. Johns' version is an arrogant and brash warrior with no compassion or humanity whereas Soule's Diana is an incompetent and poorly characterised version of Wonder Woman. So feel free to cling to these two poorly written versions of Wonder Woman instead of the vastly superior work Azzarello has done for the character that will be more beneficial and memorable than Soule or Johns' work ever will be to Diana.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: He is only plotting Eternal and writing the first few issues, which I am sure he is done with, and it is pretty evident that he has been done writing the Wake and Unchained for some time now.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papinacho: I thought he was involved long term with Eternal? At least with its overall direction? And that's true, the delays UC is having are mostly down to Lee's inconsistent artwork.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RustyRoy

@lvenger: @papinacho: What about Lemire? His style is closer to Azz than Snyder.

@lvenger said:

@rustyroy: Unfortunately that's why DC will probably ignore them, because Azzarello has had his set story in mind for 3 years and this has cost DC the chance to integrate Wonder Woman into the New 52 DCU in her own title.

I don't think they'll ignore them, I think DC will try to expand them to DCnU, they are already doing that, Apollo and Strife appeared in SM/WW I think, and WG is Lennox's daughter.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: He would be good but I have never heard him mention he was interested in the character. I suppose Soule could also just drop the Superman of his book by making them break up. Tom Taylor could also do it but i hesitate to nominate him because of what he did with WW in Injustice, thought that was purposeful and not just bad writing like Johns.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#66  Edited By SOG7dc

I only wish Azzarello would take over on Superman instead of Johns....or if maybe Azzarello would take over Unchained???? Maybe????? No???

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sog7dc: There are books in far worse shape than those two.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

Yea but Azz as stayed away from all that because quite frankly it's a load of crap.

Not really where I was going with that.... This point is that her title's universe is already being pulled into the DC main universe ... even if the title itself has not incorporated the main DC universe.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#69  Edited By Outside_85

@rustyroy said:

@lvenger: @papinacho: What about Lemire? His style is closer to Azz than Snyder.

@lvenger said:

I don't think they'll ignore them, I think DC will try to expand them to DCnU, they are already doing that, Apollo and Strife appeared in SM/WW I think, and WG is Lennox's daughter.

Thing is though, only Lobdell has ever mentioned the Lennox-Cassandra connection. And considering TT is lumbering towards the abyss of cancellation, chances are that, like Tim's period of crazy, the defined and approved explanation will be something different if DC feels like it.

That said, I agree with the notion that if nothing else survives from this run of WW, Chiang's and Atkin's god-designs will.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By NukeA6

Well it was a great run and should be placed up there with the likes of Rucka and Simone. I'm also worried that it will that unlikable Wonder Woman seen in Justice League and Superman/Wonder Woman. I also hated that relationship she's in that DC is being all in-your-face about. Was glad it was non-existent in the ongoing.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By tigerkaya

@lvenger said:

@papinacho: Snyder expressed interest in a Wonder Woman story? He is working on Batman, Eternal, Wytches and American Vampire and he still needs to finish Superman Unchained so he's stretched pretty thin suffice to say. I'll be interested to see how Snyder writes Wonder Woman though in her cameo.

@tigerkaya said:

And how will things be better without Azzarello? Look at how Wonder Woman has been portrayed outside of her own title. Johns' version is an arrogant and brash warrior with no compassion or humanity whereas Soule's Diana is an incompetent and poorly characterised version of Wonder Woman. So feel free to cling to these two poorly written versions of Wonder Woman instead of the vastly superior work Azzarello has done for the character that will be more beneficial and memorable than Soule or Johns' work ever will be to Diana.

Oh I can give a crap about those version of Wonder Woman frankly I hate those versions really. I'm just happy to see Azz leave its one less bad rendition of Wonder Woman out of DC. Two more to go. and hopefully a better writer who remembers the actual Wonder Woman will OMD or Infinite Crisis that origin out of existence.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: You must really hate the current state of WW if you are wishing for OMD to befall her.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RustyRoy

@rustyroy: He would be good but I have never heard him mention he was interested in the character. I suppose Soule could also just drop the Superman of his book by making them break up. Tom Taylor could also do it but i hesitate to nominate him because of what he did with WW in Injustice, thought that was purposeful and not just bad writing like Johns.

Lemire doesn't have to be interested in the character to write her tbh, I've never heard Azz mention he was interested in WW before he took the character, I'm sure if he gets to write WW he'll show his interest then. Lemire is a great writer and can expand the Greek Myth Azz created. I think Taylor should stay away from the book, he's style is exactly opposite to what Azz has done and there will be so many crossovers if jumps in. I don't know anything about Soule.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Lvenger

@tigerkaya: Why would a fan of Wonder Woman want an OMD storyline? Besides JMS' Odyssey was his DC version of One More Day anyway.

@rustyroy: Lemire could definitely work actually. What he's done on Animal Man has been fantastic and Wonder Woman could really benefit from writing like that. As for the expansion of Azzrello's storyline, it's true that they'll have to stick to that design but they'll take WW in the general direction of the DCU and that may not be for the best.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Netshyster

@lvenger said:

@tigerkaya: Why would a fan of Wonder Woman want an OMD storyline? Besides JMS' Odyssey was his DC version of One More Day anyway.

@rustyroy: Lemire could definitely work actually. What he's done on Animal Man has been fantastic and Wonder Woman could really benefit from writing like that. As for the expansion of Azzrello's storyline, it's true that they'll have to stick to that design but they'll take WW in the general direction of the DCU and that may not be for the best.

When it's all said and done Wonder Woman has to fall back in line with the rest of the DC Universe. It's a colossal step backwards of course, but that's just how it goes.

Azz's Wonder Woman isnothing more than a temporary sojourn; it was never going to last so just enjoy it while it's here.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Lvenger

@netshyster: True I knew that would always be the case. I just hoped it'd last longer. But of course, all good things must come to an end and all the development Azz has built up could be lost by the first issue of the new run.

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@netshyster: True I knew that would always be the case. I just hoped it'd last longer. But of course, all good things must come to an end and all the development Azz has built up could be lost by the first issue of the new run.

If DC had any sense they would run two solo books for the character, continuing with Azz's version of Diana with a new writer that wants the job and then starting up a second with the 'classic' iteration.

But of course I don't expect this to happen with a company that cancelled Hellblazer at Vertigo just so they could integrate the titles main character into the DCU. I don't think they get the concept of fictional characters.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster: i was kinda hoping they do the same thing they did with superman and action comic at the beginning of the new 52 you know wonder woman would be set in the present and the 2nd book which we will call sensation comic will be set in the past

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster: i was kinda hoping they do the same thing they did with superman and action comic at the beginning of the new 52 you know wonder woman would be set in the present and the 2nd book which we will call sensation comic will be set in the past

Don't read either of those but that ultimately sounds like a good idea. No need to settle for one option when you can have both.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@netshyster: It was unfair to end Hellblazer rather than keep the two separate versions of Constantine intact.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya: You must really hate the current state of WW if you are wishing for OMD to befall her.

Well of course, seems unfair that Green Lantern and Batman get to keep their current story and origin but Wonder Woman and Superman need their origin screwed over just to appease a bunch of temporary fans who will leave the run as soon as the original creative team is gone. So if bringing in the most despicable storyline into Wonder Woman will bring her back to her original origin is the only way than so be it. My wish is for either Hades or Necron to make the deal.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Outside_85
    Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Netshyster

@lvenger said:

@netshyster: It was unfair to end Hellblazer rather than keep the two separate versions of Constantine intact.

Not just unfair but also plain stupid in my book, because:

1. Constantine is a fictional character that can have as many incarnations as there are stars in the sky. Yes DC, that means he can even have two books running at the same time in two different universes; why should his appearance in the DCU render his Vertigo publication null? This ridiculous obsession with 'continuity' and 'canon' leads to BS stunts like this and hurts creativity all around.

2. Hellblazer was better! by leaps and bounds. If you needed a microcosmic example of what the mainstream and indie scene in comics represent, then snap open a copy of Constantine and Hellblazer and compare the two to see just how HORRIBLE mainstream sensibilities are.

Karen Berger and the Vertigo imprint represented, in my opinion, a true literary movement in the American comic-book industry, away from the mainstream trash in popular circulation. She was responsible for the "British Invasion" as it's called and the breakthrough of visionary writers like Neil Gaiman and Grant Morrison, who have gone on to write critical successes and legendary comics. And it's not just these two but a wealth of other writers and titles. Vertigo in general boasts a back-catalogue of brilliant comics and it's because of the stark and divergent mindset of the imprint about what comics actually are and can be, in contrast to what is popularly assumed by the mainstream and those outside of comics.

What Vertigo represents still lives on in Publishers like Image, who are embracing the future of the industry and what it was meant to be in the first place. Creator-owned, unrestricted, original content is the future of comics. Image knows this. Marvel and DC best get with the times.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a good begin or become more bad?

Dont know

whygamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By whygamespot

@powerwoman said:

That was a good begin or become more bad?

Dont know

According to this Bleeding Cool news I am going to say, uncool, bad, devastating.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.