Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Are we EVER going to get a Wonder Woman video game???

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Shadowdoggy

We've yet to see it, but I REALLY think we should 
    flight, super strength, cool weapons= I think they'd make for a great action adventure game 
    and it'd be so cool to explore Themyscira  
    what do all you other Wondy fans think? 
    would people buy it? 
    What should the story be? 
    what villains or other heroes would you like to see?
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By MrDirector786

Yes. I think that there should be a video game. I think the story could be based off of the first story from Wonder Woman volume 2 with Wonder Woman's origin and Ares wanting to start a nuclear war to annihilate the Earth and she goes to Boston where she met that Harvard professor to help her and all. Some of the bosses of the game could be Deimos, Phobos, Decay, and Ares could be the final boss. Now the biggest issue I think about making one would be whether or not people would buy it. I think DC should first try to make Wonder Woman more popular doing whatever they can like the movie. Or they could use the game itself to try to make her more well-known.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian

It's a nice idea.

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By CylonDorado

I think it could be really cool. You could start out with just the tiara, and use it to slash at close range, or for a ranged attack. Then you grab your lasso, which would open up a lot of new moves you could do. Then as the game goes on you could unlock bows, shields, axes, swords, ect. And then near the end of the game you get the Golden Eagle armor. Their could be parts where you can rip turrets off the wall/ground/ect. and use them on enemies. And you could have some kind of power gage thing that builds up and lets you do crazy power attacks like grabbing someone and flying into space, and then slamming them into the ground. Or shoot lighting out of her bracers for an AOE attack that zaps everything around her.  

The possibilities are endless.
    Avatar image for lovingdamnation
    Lovingdamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Lovingdamnation

she was my favorite character to play in Justice League Heroes I maxed her out before any of the others. Perhaps one the movie comes out...

CylonDorado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CylonDorado
    @Lovingdamnation:
    Yeah, they'd surely make a crappy game based on the movie.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Lovingdamnation: that's exactly why I posted this
    she's got such great potential for a versatile game   
    hook her up to the Havok  physics engine and watch her mess the whole world up
    super strength and a lasso?
    that sounds like FUN!
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @MrDirector786: that's a really good idea
    I'd buy it 
    oh if only we had the technology to make our own games
    sigh
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By CellphoneGirl

I would be one of the first to play it :]

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MrDirector786
    @Shadowdoggy said:
    " @MrDirector786: that's a really good idea I'd buy it  oh if only we had the technology to make our own games sigh "
    Well, we actually do have the technology to make our own games, but not the way we want the games to be.
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Batcrow
    @CylonDorado said:

" I think it could be really cool. You could start out with just the tiara, and use it to slash at close range, or for a ranged attack. Then you grab your lasso, which would open up a lot of new moves you could do. Then as the game goes on you could unlock bows, shields, axes, swords, ect. And then near the end of the game you get the Golden Eagle armor. Their could be parts where you can rip turrets off the wall/ground/ect. and use them on enemies. And you could have some kind of power gage thing that builds up and lets you do crazy power attacks like grabbing someone and flying into space, and then slamming them into the ground. Or shoot lighting out of her bracers for an AOE attack that zaps everything around her.   The possibilities are endless. "

@Shadowdoggy said:

" @Lovingdamnation: that's exactly why I posted this she's got such great potential for a versatile game    hook her up to the Havok  physics engine and watch her mess the whole world up super strength and a lasso?that sounds like FUN! "

You know what, I played Batman Arkham Asylum, Spider Man Shattered Dimensions, God of War 3, and I found SOOOO much material that could prove useful for a WW game. 
    They could create something similar to the Detective Mode or Spider Sense and call it "The Sight of Athena"  that lets her see her enemies through walls and pillars.  
    Her martial skills could let them use a unique Amazonian combat system, which utilizes the lasso similar to how web-lines work for spider-man, or use the tiara as a melee dagger or a ranged "batarang" sort of thing. 
    They could use JMS' story line which is set in the streets of New York. I believe such a dark, gritty and urban setting would attract gamers and create astounding visuals and provide obstacles; at the same time helping mythical creatures and gods to stand out more in the environment among the street minions.  They could also alternate to different environments like Themyscira, or a dungeon or cave involving Circe or Cheetah. Dr. Psycho could be used in the background, who is threatening Wonder Woman's allies.
    Morning_Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Morning_Dew
    @ComicMan24 said:
    " It's a nice idea. "
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Batcrow
    @Solace said:
    " @ComicMan24 said:
    " It's a nice idea. "
    "
    Depending on what storyline they adopt, they could use the WW contest on Themyscira as a tutorial. You get to have sparring sessions with your fellow Amazons and learn different combat techniques, preparing you for the actual contest in which you put your skills to the test.
    ScarlettLynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By ScarlettLynn

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Batcrow
    @ScarlettLynn said:
    " I would buy that in a heartbeat. "
    :) put enough action and great graphics, and it should do quite well.
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION

A Wonder Woman game sounds great, but truthfully, unless the right dev house gets put in charge of it, it probably would be sub par at best.  

Not many game devs seem to get a grasp on hero games, look at Superman 64. 

Sorry to be a downer.

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Batcrow
    @fenixREVOLUTION:  Which development team would you suggest? How about Unreal Engine? They managed to make Batman, right?
    King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King_Saturn
    it could be a good game... 
    Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixREVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By fenixREVOLUTION
    @Batcrow: It's hard to say, Rock Steady had an unusually good grasp of what should be in a Batman game.  

Unreal engine would be fine, unless they made their own. I'd say give the game to Rock Steady just to be safe and hope for the best.
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Batcrow

What d'ya think?
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Batcrow

Oh, and this could be the cutscene for the first level/tutorial. 

As well as the final confrontation...

No Caption Provided
    ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ThanosIsMad

A Wonder Woman game would ultimately end up being a God Of War clone, but with flying.

Whether it'd end up as a good or bad GoW clone is up for debate.

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Batcrow
    @ThanosIsMad: I'd rather see all the mythos in different environments. Something to change things up. NO-ONE has taken advantage of the Greek warrior theme although Xena and God of War character Kratos have. 
    They should really take advantage of all these examples and bring different elements to create something innovative and memorable.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WDW

The movie has to come first. There is no WAY anyone would produce a Wonder Woman Video Game without having a MOVIE "pre-market" the game first

Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Batcrow
    @WDW: That's true and all, but it should not be a game ADAPTATION of the movie. It should only be tied to the character. Because if its a counterpart to a movie, they have to wrap things up in time for the movie's release. With games like Batman Arkham  Asylum and Spider-man Shattered Dimensions, developers did not have to worry about anything except making a good game.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WDW
    @Batcrow said:
    " @WDW: That's true and all, but it should not be a game ADAPTATION of the movie. It should only be tied to the character. Because if its a counterpart to a movie, they have to wrap things up in time for the movie's release. With games like Batman Arkham  Asylum and Spider-man Shattered Dimensions, developers did not have to worry about anything except making a good game. "
    yeah I agree.... but what I mean is that the general public needs to see how cool Wonder Woman can be via a live action movie before they will feel comfortable developing it in my opinion. It can come a year after the movie and I agree should not be tied to the movie. But developer won't make a game like that because good games can cost a few million to develop and Wonder Woman has yet to establish herself as "cool" to the general public.... people just know her because of the costume.
    Batcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Batcrow
    @WDW said: 
    yeah I agree.... but what I mean is that the general public needs to see how cool Wonder Woman can be via a live action movie before they will feel comfortable developing it in my opinion. It can come a year after the movie and I agree should not be tied to the movie. But developer won't make a game like that because good games can cost a few million to develop and Wonder Woman has yet to establish herself as "cool" to the general public.... people just know her because of the costume. "
     That's true. There needs to be more media representation to tell people who she is. A movie is definitely a great medium, but I feel that the TV show, if continued with, could show people different sides of her and find a direction for the movie.
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WDW
    @Batcrow said:
    " @WDW said: 
    yeah I agree.... but what I mean is that the general public needs to see how cool Wonder Woman can be via a live action movie before they will feel comfortable developing it in my opinion. It can come a year after the movie and I agree should not be tied to the movie. But developer won't make a game like that because good games can cost a few million to develop and Wonder Woman has yet to establish herself as "cool" to the general public.... people just know her because of the costume. "
     That's true. There needs to be more media representation to tell people who she is. A movie is definitely a great medium, but I feel that the TV show, if continued with, could show people different sides of her and find a direction for the movie. "
    yeah that's what I am hoping for! I really hope people like Wonder Woman in the TV show even if I hate it..... Would go a long way to getting the movie and a game done finally
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @WDW:
    agreed 
    I think if the tv show is at all successful it will get Wonder Woman more face time with the general public 
    a video game would be much more likely then
    WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WDW
    @Batcrow said:
    "      

What d'ya think? "
    Awesome
    super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By super_psycho
    @Batcrow said:
    Oh, and this could be the cutscene for the first level/tutorial. 

No Caption Provided
    epic
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#32  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

please. it took them 30 years or so just to crank out a decent Batman game

Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shadowdoggy

agreed. I love teh cinematic look of those panels. I can see a game looking that way. Like God of War....with bullet deflecting bracelets!

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrDirector786

@Batcrow said:

What d'ya think?

Those look pretty cool. Though I think Ares should look more like his comic-book counterpart with the blue armor and all just because I think it looks more awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.