Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Are the trinity that close

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

I know Batman and Superman are friends, but I cant tell if the three of them are that close. Are they and if not should the three of them get closer?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know Batman and Superman are friends, but I cant tell if the three of them are that close. Are they and if not should the three of them get closer?

N52 they don't seem to be as close (aside from Clark and Diana dating). Bruce certainly doesn't seem to have the same feelings toward WW or SM that he did pre-52. I haven't seen a whole lot of "friend" moments in N52 work, they almost seem to be rivals rather than friends at times.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Diana and Clark are in love. Clark and Bruce have a close relationship as seen many times throughout the new 52. One example that comes to mind is when Superman was super charged by Apollo and had a great talk with bruce while he was on the moon. And Bruce and Diana have a good relationship as well, as seen during the Doom arc.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

@csg_cl: When have they ever seemed like rivals in New 52?

did you read Trinity War?

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By zaied

@csg_cl: I only read up to the second or third issue.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied said:

@csg_cl: I only read up to the second or third issue.

it's just one example of the Trinity having a bit of infighting over who is in charge. They don't have the same level of cooperation in N52 as they did in the prior continuity (IMO)

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In JL Superman said that him and Batman have personal team ups and that Batman trusts him, so them two are definitely close. Superman and Wonder Woman are in love so yeah. Batman and Wonder Woman aren't shown to be close. With JL books they tend to put the three of them close together a lot, so they're defitnetly close off panel. Because we don't see everything these characters do, they have teamups we don't see etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and Superman are close, and they have a book together. Wonder woman and superman are obviously very close. Batman and wonder woman have had their moments. She let him come to themyscira to look for Damian's body, and in forever evil only someone close to Diana could save her, and batman had a strong enough relationship with her to do so.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

...yes...they are all close

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: lol I guess they'd be open to a threesome. Maybe thats why they're the Trinity.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

LOL ... well played

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cream_God

@csg_cl said:
    @cgoodness said:
    No Caption Provided

LOL ... well played

I couldnt find the actual Batman + WW kiss in Darkest Night so i had to settle with that pic :/

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: Oh is that where Batman and Wonder Woman kiss. I had read that they did kiss in the comics, but I couldnt figure out where.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @cgoodness said:
    No Caption Provided

LOL ... well played

I couldnt find the actual Batman + WW kiss in Darkest Night so i had to settle with that pic :/

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

Well Batman was able to use Wonder Woman's lasso and only those who are close to her can use it. Which is why Catwoman got a bit insecure but Batman just told her they were "good friends" which is kinda hard to believe.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:
    @cgoodness said:
    @csg_cl said:
    @cgoodness said:
    No Caption Provided

LOL ... well played

No Caption Provided

Just noticed it looks like she has armpit hair....

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Actually, Batman seems more like a rival to Superman than a close friend (e.g. in a partnership sort of way); Batman is cautious of Superman and Wonder Woman because of their superpowers, but, not to the extent that he can be called distrustful of them (e.g. the difference between Batman and characters like Amanda Waller or Lex Luthor); Batman seems to be constantly watching them for weaknesses in preparation for possibly one day battling them; I think it's more of a case that Superman is trying to be friends with Batman, and Batman reciprocates the sentiments a bit more weakly; Wonder Woman is more there as sort of a team player; Wonder Woman is closer to Superman, because they are in a relationship. What's basically happened is they they've gotten accustomed to each other, because they work together so much. Also, as an illustration, see how Batman threats the rest of the Justice League (e.g. very distantly); Batman is more of a lone wolf than a social person; Wonder Woman, however, is as close to the other members of the Justice League as she is with Batman; Wonder Woman is more than because the group excepts her there more than a need really to be apart of the Justice League; Superman, however, is more the social, friendly type; Superman seems to be the social glue that's holding the group together. Although Superman is not a lone wolf, he can be on his own; Wonder Woman is a lone wolf, but is also capable of connecting with others; while Batman is a lone wolf and only seems to be tolerating others around him. Batman just has that nice cool vibe about him, meaning you want to connected with him versus him wanting to connect with you; Superman is almost cool that way too, but, Superman also wants to connect with you; Wonder Woman is a babe that you want to meet and could be nice enough to reciprocate, based on the way she treated that homeless fellow last issue, but, I still have to see her interact with someone with looks issues like Dr. Psycho.

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I_Rock_Fiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By I_Rock_Fiction

@jayc1324: yea except he totally stole that moment from steve who was the one who actually found her lasso to use to bring her and the justice league out of firestorm. Which rendered all the argus plot kinda moot.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.