Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Anyone here from the CBR Wonder Woman Forum?

• 53 results
    Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

It's pretty much a police state, people are being banned left and right. There are probably less than 10 regular posters left.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never spent much time on that site. I might have an account but I don't remember what it is.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RustyRoy

Never spent much time on that site. I might have an account but I don't remember what it is.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am. My user name is dangleo61288.

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
    darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By dshipp17

@scorpio_cassadine said:

It's pretty much a police state, people are being banned left and right. There are probably less than 10 regular posters left.

I'm from CBR and it's a propaganda machine there; the moderator there has a view, tries to make you seem wrong for your different view, and bans everyone that disagrees with her first warning; it's really just one moderator. I'm on a temp ban until June 17 and I've been threatened with another permanent ban, if she disagrees with what I say; the people there have views similar to hers; it's not representative of Wonder Woman fans, like this website is closer to representing; as long as you're not derogatory to the other posters, you can discuss your beliefs and opinions as you wish here. She banned me because I was talking about Dr. Psycho and she apparently hates that character; seems like ugly men may have put her in her place, since she seems shallow.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SCORPIO_CASSADINE

The funny thing is, I agree with most of her views and I still got banned for agreeing with her. The Iron Lady is drunk with power and rules with an iron fist. The best way to stick around there is to pretend you're in church sitting next to your grandmother, and be very, very, careful with what you say. Give your point of view and move on, if anyone disagrees with you, ignore it. Then come over here to vent.

Don't tell any jokes either, humor can be mistaken for snarkiness and that will get you banned too.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The funny thing is, I agree with most of her views and I still got banned for agreeing with her. The Iron Lady is drunk with power and rules with an iron fist. The best way to stick around there is to pretend you're in church sitting next to your grandmother, and be very, very, careful with what you say. Give your point of view and move on, if anyone disagrees with you, ignore it. Then come over here to vent.

Don't tell any jokes either, humor can be mistaken for snarkiness and that will get you banned too.

Have you been perma banned there or is it a temp ban?

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plead the 5th. lol

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I plead the 5th. lol

*Whips lasso around you*

You must speak truth! The lasso compels you!!

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 Some of your comments regarding Wonder Woman were a bit obsessive, and borderline outlandish to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Considering the air-headed nonsense you two fill the WW forum with you most likely deserved the bans.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Considering the air-headed nonsense you two fill the WW forum with you most likely deserved the bans.

No Caption Provided

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My ban just lifted!!! lolz

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 Some of your comments regarding Wonder Woman were a bit obsessive, and borderline outlandish to be honest.

What, saying the character hasn't demonstrated her ability to love everyone? Saying that she only said she loved everyone? What's obsessive about observing what I saw about the character? Outlandish is a matter of perspective, particularly, your perspective.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Since the Rocarford Teen Titans Cover debacle (which I am quick to point out was a display of comicbook fans at their worst), CBR has cracked down hard on any form of balant negativity.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Since the Rocarford Teen Titans Cover debacle (which I am quick to point out was a display of comicbook fans at their worst), CBR has cracked down hard on any form of balant negativity.

Who'd have thought something even worse could have come from another bad thing...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

QFT in spite of the denial.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: T be fair, I am pretty sure CBR knows it had a reputation from it's very aggressive boards (and I can attest that it was an extremely aggravating place to go).

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Yeah it did seem an overly hostile forum from what I've briefly seen of the place. And that's just in its comment section on articles let alone its other forums like the battle threads. At least this site, even though not in its prime, still has a fairly nice atmosphere.

WhineHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be honest, I've stopped posting on HERE for some of those reasons (save the banning).

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

weren't you the same user who said bastard children are mistakes. i'm on a temp ban because of calling out that horseshit.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kidstandout

@dshipp17 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

I'm from CBR and it's a propaganda machine there; the moderator there has a view, tries to make you seem wrong for your different view, and bans everyone that disagrees with her first warning; it's really just one moderator. I'm on a temp ban until June 17 and I've been threatened with another permanent ban, if she disagrees with what I say; the people there have views similar to hers; it's not representative of Wonder Woman fans, like this website is closer to representing; as long as you're not derogatory to the other posters, you can discuss your beliefs and opinions as you wish here. She banned me because I was talking about Dr. Psycho and she apparently hates that character; seems like ugly men may have put her in her place, since she seems shallow.

basically this, the ww boards on cbr are the fox news of comic forums. and you think the mod is bad? look up blacksun and see the retarded posts he/she comes up with.

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidstandout I see nothing wrong with the remarks I made. I don't see what the problem is calling her a bastard in the n-52 since Azzarello had Poseidon himself refer to Diana as a bastard daughter.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8:

it's not the bastard part that got me mad, it's the fact that you went on to say bastard children are mistakes. you do realize what that means right? your essentially saying any kid born out of wedlock are mistakes which based on the many people i know who were born before their parents got married is horseshit. that on top of you swearing and getting no type of ban for it.

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidstandout Well, there are 'good' mistakes too...Perhaps that wasn't the best choice of word...How about 'blessings'? Huh? Is that any better? Is that doing anything for you? And I don't remember doing any swearing either.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kidstandout

@wonderwomanfan8: blessing is a step up. i just feel like if i had been the one to say bastard, i would be banned for a week. shit, i got a warning for using the word lesbo lol. it's just short for lesbian, i even have friends who are lebians that i call lesbo but that's besides the point. when i get back there i'm just going to avoid gale's prison.... i mean the ww boards and just post here

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidstandout You don't have to do all that. I admit, I played a role in all of that mess. I made my remarks and then felt like I was getting ganged up on, so I felt that I had to respond to all the criticism.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kidstandout

@wonderwomanfan8 said:

@kidstandout You don't have to do all that. I admit, I played a role in all of that mess. I made my remarks and then felt like I was getting ganged up on, so I felt that I had to respond to all the criticism.

my bad for that, it's all water under the bridge.

but it's not just the ban or this situation that makes me weary of that board, regardless of the disagreements i've had here at vine, atleast the mods give us free reign to express our sides of the debate without censoring or hazing out the side they don't agree with. i can attest to this behavior being exhibited by gale several times on cbr. that and the blatant trolling on anything sm/ww related by blacksun that gets swept under the rug by gale. several times i've reported it and she basically tells me to suck it up and deal with it. but the minute i do, i get a warning? like wtf?

WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidstandout Between these two boards, I actually thought that their Wonder Woman forum actually had more mature discussion going on, whil this one while is good, but tends to have more seemingly redundant topics.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8:

i never said it was a hell hole, the difference is here you don't have to worry about whether or not your views line up with the mod. and the redudant topics are kinda plaging both sites imo ex the ww origin threads on cbr, which ironically is at vine as well

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was banned from CBR reason being that I wrote Charles Soule is talentless. I went downstairs to go grab a snack and just like that, when I got back to my computer, I was banned for life for "insulting creators" #thuglife

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was banned from CBR reason being that I wrote Charles Soule is talentless. I went downstairs to go grab a snack and just like that, when I got back to my computer, I was banned for life for "insulting creators" #thuglife

You're wrong of course, but you're entitled to your opinion. If you think Soule is "talentless" you should be allowed to say so. CBR's gestapo like rules will be its downfall. You can't have a thriving discussion forum with people afraid to speak their minds and you can't have a respectable online community with only a small handful of participants.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By dshipp17

@archizoom said:

You're wrong of course, but you're entitled to your opinion. If you think Soule is "talentless" you should be allowed to say so. CBR's gestapo like rules will be its downfall. You can't have a thriving discussion forum with people afraid to speak their minds and you can't have a respectable online community with only a small handful of participants.

Very true. People there will soon realize that the comments are being regulated to reflect the views of the moderator for the Wonder Woman forum.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: I read some She-Hulk comics just to make sure he's talentless and surprisingly, unlike SM/WW, the book is okay but I think that's partly because She-Hulk is a lawyer, he's a lawyer so he knows a bunch about lawyering and he obviously likes to show off his knowledge being the self-adulatory braggart that he is. Anyway you know how devout christians are often the worst of sinners, likewise the hatebusters are the most vicious haters on the internet. Their oppressively strict rules and policies will be CBR's undoing, plus comicvine's got a better layout anyway.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, I wouldn´t last two minutes.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26 said:

LOL, I wouldn´t last two minutes.

Heh, you'll go "Hello." and you'll be banned :)

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, her effing watering can might as well be a guillotine.

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw CBR

JestersJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JestersJoker

I was banned 3 times, had several of my posts deleted and one thread locked.

I am a Christian and sometimes incorporate my beliefs into my post or at least did.

The moderator there is in my humble opinion extremely politicaly correct so if your post offends anybody your more or less in deep water.

Before this moderator I was posting occasionally for several years and never got banned.

Also there are several posters there that tried to get me banned permanatly so they would post things to get me to respond knowing I would get banned if I retorted.

natvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By natvin

I wasn't a CBR member, but I had acquaintances at the cafe that were. and they just HATED the staff at CBR after Aegisbearer left his position as mod.

The staff at CBR are egotistical criminals. They deceive you left & right. the Moderators used to be regular posters, but they were always a part of the staff. They have their bias agendas, and let that affect their judgement on people. And when anyone stands up to them to call them out on their Nazi-ism, they ban the posters.

All this and more is why Gail Simone left CBR. They are just CORRUPT. They fill their own egos with pride because "celebrities" in comics visit their site. They think they're so special, but when they keep up this BS, even the "celebs" will reject them. No more sponsorship, no more endorsements, no more asking for their reviews, etc.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By Manchine

@dshipp17 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

basically this, the ww boards on cbr are the fox news of comic forums. and you think the mod is bad? look up blacksun and see the retarded posts he/she comes up with.

So its its good. From the way everyone is talking you guys are making it sound like MSNBC bad. =)

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't really look that bad over there. If anything it looks like that site has a bit more diverse opinions on it.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa said:

@outside_85: cover debacle?

CBR had a contributor who wrote an article about the Rocafort-drawn cover for Teen Titan's #1 where she pretty much ripped it a new one, with the main source of her complaints being the boobsize of Cassandra Sandsmark. For one reason or another, this generated an immense amount of negative feedback towards her which included various threats against her person. It even went so far that people looked her up, finding her address and so on.

After half a week or so CBR had their very own Flashpoint and deleted every single account and forum posts from their boards before restructuring and re-releasing them all with a new set of rules to follow, more hardline than ever before. Meaning that even past permanently banned people could get back in, but has already resulted in numerous banned users. (the Fintch's thread alone generated 5 bans and several warnings during a single night).

Bsaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: that's weird considering that I'm still ip banned

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bsaa: Odd, I'm not. But I haven't posted anything since I tried creating an account, mostly because I don't feel I need it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.