Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Anyone else like Wonder Woman's Tiara in the Frankverse ?

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The way Wonder Woman was portrayed in Frank Millers' Batman verse (All-Star Batman & Robin, TDKR, TDKSA) was anything but appealing. However, there is something I liked about her, and that's the shape of her Tiara. It's not that different from the normal version, but the extra nose piece really looks neat and gives her more of a warrior look, similar to Greek style helmets, which ties nicely into her origins as an Amazon.

Comparison to Greek Helmets

No Caption Provided

They brought back the look for her brief tenure as a Star Sapphire, but it didn't last long unfortunately.

No Caption Provided

Anyone else share my fondness for her Greek style tiara ? Does it appear anywhere else that I didn't mention ? Would you like her to adapt this look in the mainstream universe ?

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It hinders her beauty if you ask me.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nah, I like the crown to be regal, but not too much like the tiara's you'll see on google images..

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Avatar image for darkdetective27
    darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By darkdetective27

No, I dont like it. I prefer the classic one. It was simple and feels perfectly placed and doesnt draw too much attention to itself. This one is very distracting.

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know, I like it because it always catches my attention whenever I see it. It's such a little addition, but it really changes the way she looks, and serves as a cool homage to her Greek background. It gives her a serious look that I find appealing. Not so much the Star Sapphire version, but the Frank Miller version. It looks kinda goofy (maybe it's the art style) but it was the only instance I could think of of that Miller-style tiara appearing in the mainstream version.

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill never get over the sperm bank line

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://doktorvondoom.tumblr.com/post/55518816410/wonder-woman-sketches

No Caption Provided

but yes its apart of one of my favorite redesigns

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: That's quite the nice design. I like how her tiara looks even more like a helmet in this, but I can't imagine her using it like a boomerang as usual. Not that I find the tiara-boomerang thing appealing in the first place -_-

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I think they play up Wonder Woman's warrior side enough as it is

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I think they play up Wonder Woman's warrior side enough as it is

Ditto

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
    GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, that's not so much a "Greek-style tiara", is it? It's an adapted helmet design, but with the most important part cut off so her hair can flop through and allow her to be recognized, making the whole thing seem even more clunky and useless than the tiara. It looks like those 1990s X-Men cowls, which didn't always fail as designs but aren't right for Wonder Woman.

My take? Give her a serious-looking helmet that she can use if she's going up against someone or something where she needs it, and she can wear it or not as needed. That would be good design and fit the character. Maybe don't go as elaborate as the Alex Ross Kingdom Come eagle-head crash helmet with it, but something that matches her current armor and can give her that nice spooky Dark Knight Returns look around the eyes when things are about to get messy.

Otherwise, the tiara is part of the character design, and trying to make it into a sane-looking piece of fantasy armor is like giving someone a metal butt crack thong with sideways spikes and trying to make that look like real armor. It's just not going to happen. I think the best way to think of the tiara is as a magical crown, even if she throws it at people. It's a sign that she's a princess, not battle dress.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Not really, looks kinda stupid if you ask me. If it's meant to be protection, then give her a helmet instead of leaving most of her scalp exposed. As it's otherwise always been, it's simply a piece of equipment that denotes her royal rank, which doubles as a boomerang.

Avatar image for greatkirbysghost
    GreatKirbysGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85:

^ this person just made a better version of my post by making it only three sentences long, insta-followed.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to also agree with Outside_85

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.