Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

any good things that would come from WW being Kryptonian?

• 58 results
    marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wonderwomanfan8: at first, that's how i looked at it, she'd be a legitimate equal (power-wise) to superman

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One good thing that would come from it would be that she isn't the daughter of Zeus.

W3BST3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My theory is: Vandal Savage (Dwayne Johnson or Jason Mamoa?) will be one of the villains who will have met Kara Zor El 18,000 years ago when she landed on Earth. I imagine she could've had a sample of the Codex, because why have a Genesis Chamber on the ship if you can't utilize it?

She could've used it to create some Kryptonians for help/settling purposes. Some of the babies could've died, not being able to adapt as well as Kal did and/or interbreeding between the two species, eventually wiping out the male hybrid chromosome but giving the hybrid females an extremely heightened longevity thus, leading to Wonder Woman.

Again, just some thoughts.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

BARF. hope just a rumor....ughh....

Netshyster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Netshyster

I never got the argument that her origin is unrealistic. To me having your powers because you were blessed by the gods makes a hell of a lot more sense then having them because the sun is yellow.

Are you insane?

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She'd be more consistently powerful at least, being kryptonian.

Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Muffin_Sangria

@muffin_sangria said:

I never got the argument that her origin is unrealistic. To me having your powers because you were blessed by the gods makes a hell of a lot more sense then having them because the sun is yellow.

Are you insane?

What do you mean? Do you think having powers because of the sun is a good explanation of where powers come from? Really anytime they try to explain superpowers with science it just steams with bullshit. Superpowers aren't real. If you try to explain them with realism then they just sound stupid. It's much easier to explain them with fantasy elements.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ArchiZoom

@muffin_sangria said:

What do you mean? Do you think having powers because of the sun is a good explanation of where powers come from? Really anytime they try to explain superpowers with science it just steams with bullshit. Superpowers aren't real. If you try to explain them with realism then they just sound stupid. It's much easier to explain them with fantasy elements.

I agree with this. Nothing built by men should be stronger than the work of Gods in heaven above. Powerful Robots make the Gods seem weak and Superheros obsolete. Humanity doesn't need superman and doesn't need to be afraid of him when we can build machines as powerful as Cyborg and build as many as we want.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.