Amazons in anicent Greece

#1 Posted by UsagiTsukino (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Since the amazon in Anicent Times were lesbians could that mean before they went to paradise island most were in a relationship? I mean even though queen hippolyta fall for Hercules, She fell for Phillipus. In fact she was suppose to court phillipus but was let drop.

#2 Posted by Reginleif (40 posts) - - Show Bio

As someone who is very familiar with the Indo-European canon I have never read that the Amazons were lesbians.

#3 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

They also cut off there left breast to draw a bow better or that's what some historian's have speculated. So a lesbian mutilated WW should sell well right.

#4 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8852 posts) - - Show Bio

Mythical amazons were not lesbians nor did they cut off their breasts.

#5 Posted by herrweis (433 posts) - - Show Bio

they did cut off one breast,that is absolutely true but no they were not gay.antiope married theseus.

#6 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

they cut off one breasts only according to some versions of the myth... and i dont think they were described as being lesbians in any version..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.