Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8805 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Amazon Tech?

UsagiTsukino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Amazon Tech? (7 votes)

mystic tech 100%
    time wrap 0%

The amazons have been seen in a time wrap since post crisis so how far along should they be. For me it's mystic tech that acts like modern tech.

• 
    Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think maybe some mix of the two. I think on the surface most of their tech should seem relatively primitive. They'd probably prefer to do a lot of things the old fashion way. The Greeks actually had a lot of cool invention so that could be explored. I'd be fine with saying that the Amazons never developed the combustion engine, or electronic circuitry. I think they should be the best metallurgist on the planet. Maybe have some unique medical advances too like the purple ray. There could also be tech that's mixed with magic, or powered psychically. I'd definitely bring back the psychic radio, and have the Amazon training put an emphasis on psionically enhancing their physical abilities.

jdhaddad1973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think maybe some mix of the two. I think on the surface most of their tech should seem relatively primitive. They'd probably prefer to do a lot of things the old fashion way. The Greeks actually had a lot of cool invention so that could be explored. I'd be fine with saying that the Amazons never developed the combustion engine, or electronic circuitry. I think they should be the best metallurgist on the planet. Maybe have some unique medical advances too like the purple ray. There could also be tech that's mixed with magic, or powered psychically. I'd definitely bring back the psychic radio, and have the Amazon training put an emphasis on psionically enhancing their physical abilities.

I'm all for bringing back some of the ideas from the GA with modernized versions ... psionic abilities would make me happy! And I totally agree with the style of Amazon tech looking ancient Greek even when it's got some totally modern function. Purple Ray has already been introduced in SM/WW by Hessia and it seems like her leaving Paradise Island had something to do with the technology of the PR.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.