Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8719 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Amazing WW feat (on her tv show!)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

As a family we have been wading through the season 2 DVD of the classic TV Show. Now I know WW comes across as weak in this show and it generally looks so corny and dated now, but my gosh, she has a good feat in the episode "The man who made volcanoes", shown around 1978. In the episode, this science boffin basically has this mega nuclear powered laser beam which has been causing volcanos due to its immense power and threatens to destroy the planet when turned on full power. In response to the beam being set to "total destruct level". Wondy goes and stands in front of it for a full 60 secs, not using her bracelets, absorbs all the power until it turns off...Anyone else seen this episode? (sorry don't have a scan). As a feat Its definitely on a par with Superman tanking the world engine in MOS and Wondy wasn't even the slightest bit hurt...!! Rock on WW and Lynda Carter!!

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WDW

@bezza said:

As a family we have been wading through the season 2 DVD of the classic TV Show. Now I know WW comes across as weak in this show and it generally looks so corny and dated now, but my gosh, she has a good feat in the episode "The man who made volcanoes", shown around 1978. In the episode, this science boffin basically has this mega nuclear powered laser beam which has been causing volcanos due to its immense power and threatens to destroy the planet when turned on full power. In response to the beam being set to "total destruct level". Wondy goes and stands in front of it for a full 60 secs, not using her bracelets, absorbs all the power until it turns off...Anyone else seen this episode? (sorry don't have a scan). As a feat Its definitely on a par with Superman tanking the world engine in MOS and Wondy wasn't even the slightest bit hurt...!! Rock on WW and Lynda Carter!!

Yeah I saw it.....She was pretty powerful on the show.... but her feats are done so poorly they are not showy at all

That episode also has her pathetic looking fight with the Chinese Assassin woman! and she beat her as Diana Prince though

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

That reminds me.

Her Diana Prince Alter ego was so ridiculous.... I mean all her sisters on the island are naturally strong women and do not need to "spin change to gain strength" So in the TV show, when she is Diana Prince she is basically standard human strength. She only gains her abilities when she changes into Wonder Woman... I just did not understand why she needed to become Diana Prince and make herself weaker.. She could have simply changed her clothes... Wonder Woman from the comics would never voluntarily do that to herself

There was also an episode where she ran like 800 miles an hour over rough terrain......Based on a calculation of the distance she needed to travel and the time it took her to do it..... It was a great feat but it was done with NO fanfare .

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw said:

Her Diana Prince Alter ego was so ridiculous.... I mean all her sisters on the island are naturally strong women and do not need to "spin change to gain strength" So in the TV show, when she is Diana Prince she is basically standard human strength. She only gains her abilities when she changes into Wonder Woman... I just did not understand why she needed to become Diana Prince and make herself weaker.. She could have simply changed her clothes... Wonder Woman from the comics would never voluntarily do that to herself

There was also an episode where she ran like 800 miles an hour over rough terrain......Based on a calculation of the distance she needed to travel and the time it took her to do it..... It was a great feat but it was done with NO fanfare .

She did actually, in Gail Simone's run she didn't have her powers in her human form either. When she fought Captain Nazi with Steve she didn't change into Wonder Woman in order to keep her secret identity.

No Caption Provided

WDW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdw said:

She did actually, in Gail Simone's run she didn't have her powers in her human form either. When she fought Captain Nazi with Steve she didn't change into Wonder Woman in order to keep her secret identity.

No Caption Provided

Well this was a special case...in my opinion. Circe gave her the ability to be Diana Prince as a "gift" or "curse" since Diana was conflicted about being Wonder Woman in the first place (After the fallout with Maxwell Lord).... Circes Spell was either eventually reversed or Wonder Woman never voluntarily de-powered herself again.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ww withstand planet buster energy?

That even beyond wonder woman comic feats

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Bezza

@archizoom said:
    No Caption Provided

That's the one! It was a durability showing well out of character with the rest of the show, but was it intended to prove to true believers that WW actually held back most of the time?! Also crazy how many times knock out gas ko'd her during that series! But as someone who was about 9 years old when this was first shown, Watching this again with my kids is very nostalgic. It has a lot of charm, albeit amazingly dated and corny too!! Its due to this TV show that Wonder Woman will always be one of my very favourite characters.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: I have not seen the show to tell you the truth but I've viewed lots of clips on youtube and it's not what people my age are looking for in superhero fiction but it's so campy, it's kind of cute. Lynda was a stunning woman but she's a bit gawky, you can tell she stinks at volleyball if you know what I mean. The show must have some real comedic value now I think, kind of like Dr. Who.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

:)

Feel the same way, minus the "watching with kids" angle!

Not as corny and outdated as the Batman show though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.