Ali Larter as Wonder Woman

#1 Posted by mrjoshua (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think if they ever do a Wonder Woman movie they should go the Superman route and find someone noone has heard of before. Go to some Mid Western town and find some corn and milk fed girl to play the part. Some girl who has been raising barns and milking cows her whole life. But doesn't look like a body bulider and still has a very feminie quality to her. I have had problems where Wonder Woman is depicted as man with long hair and boobs.  

However if a celebrity is what people are looking for, I suggest ali Larter from Heroes. I recently saw her in the movue Resident Evil and I thought she had a reasonable build and athletic movement to carry herself as WW. And don't let the blonde hair get in the way, she can easily dye it.  I think she has amutiry to pull off the role as Amazon Princess and also a layed back quality where she wouldn't make the portrayal overly serious. She has also been apart of the Sueprhero world so she would already understand the imporatnace of getting the character right.  

I'm sure there are other women who could easily fit the role. This is one of my suggestions. I'm interested in reading what other people think. Thank you.  
#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91349 posts) - - Show Bio

Bad choice.

#3 Posted by Aronmorales (9598 posts) - - Show Bio

Picture please.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224692 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont know about this...
#5 Posted by mrjoshua (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay. Got any reasons why.
#6 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5476 posts) - - Show Bio

not a good choice

#7 Posted by mrjoshua (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Will someone state why they think she's a bad choice.
#8 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrjoshua: give me a picture and I'll give you my opinion...
#9 Edited by NightFang (10193 posts) - - Show Bio

A bad choice for WW but a good choice for Cheetah.

#10 Posted by War Killer (20374 posts) - - Show Bio

Picture would be nice

#11 Posted by mrjoshua (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to know why people think she is a bad choice. I do agree she might be a good Cheetah. However she always plays a bad character or someone with some sort of problem. I liked to see her do something else. I'm basing my opinion from her in the movie Resident Evil 3 and on the show Heroes. If you aren't familiar with her work I don't think a picture is going to do it for you. I'm not saying she's the perfect choice but from the other actresses I've heard mentioned I don't feel strongly about them. You can;t go with just looks alone. There has to be a strong presence to their character. And they have to look convincing in a fight scene. I've seen her in a fight scene and I think she looks like she can kick ass.   

#12 Posted by Grubich (369 posts) - - Show Bio

how about  cathrine zeta jones as wonder woman ?

#13 Edited by ASKwhy (282 posts) - - Show Bio
@Aronmorales, sora_thekey, War Killer:  

Ali Larter 
    I might can see her as Cheetah.
#14 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a bad choice because she's a terrible actress.

#15 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady Tlieso said:
" She's a bad choice because she's a terrible actress. "
rofl agreed but i like her
#16 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali Larter would be a great choice for a few other characters but not Wonder Woman. Reason: Totally has the wrong look & build for Wonder Woman plus she doesn't put off any majestic or regal vibes that makes you think Wonder Woman in my opinon.
#17 Posted by Aronmorales (9598 posts) - - Show Bio
@ASKwhy said:
" @Aronmorales, sora_thekey, War Killer:  

Ali Larter      I might can see her as Cheetah. "
As Cheetah, yeah, oh definitely.
#18 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@mrjoshua said:
"Personally I think if they ever do a Wonder Woman movie they should go the Superman route and find someone noone has heard of before."

Because...that worked so well for Superman?  XD
#19 Posted by Aronmorales (9598 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom said:
" @mrjoshua said:
"Personally I think if they ever do a Wonder Woman movie they should go the Superman route and find someone noone has heard of before."
Because...that worked so well for Superman?  XD "
I believe it was the story that didn't work...
 but then again I happened to like the movie and don't see what people are fussing over...

Sorry, personal rant.
#20 Posted by StrangerXL (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the storyline for Superman Returns was crap. Brandon Routh wasn't bad as Superman. The costume design however was bad, especially giving him that small kiddie style "S" insignia. Better script &  better costume design would have helped out Routh in a big way.  Okay back to Larter-Wonder Woman talk now....  
#21 Posted by mrjoshua (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you to those who gave reasons why she's not a good choice. Like I said I don't think she is the perfect choice but I wanted to throw it out there and see what people thought. As far as her acting ability, that's a matter of opinion. I don't think she's great but I like her on Heroes. I do agree she might actually make a good Cheetah. So if she were picked for Cheetah, who do think would fit against her as Wonder Woman? I think who ever plays the superhero should match the person playing the supervillain and vice versa. 

Also  I was referring to when they picked Christopher Reeve as Superman. He was an unknown theater actor at the time. I think he made a great Superman. Brandon Routh was picked mainly cause he resembled him.  Brandon wasn't a bad Superman. That movie was wrong on so many levels. Please don't  get me started.  Lex Luthor seducing an old lady for her money? As if he would need to.

#22 Posted by Paracelsus (1753 posts) - - Show Bio

I heard that Sandra Bullock was picked for the role!

Terry

#23 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paracelsus said:
"I heard that Sandra Bullock was picked for the role!  Terry "
.......Sandra Bullock?
#24 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Circe would be a better choice for Ali Larter

#25 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lady Tlieso said:
"She's a bad choice because she's a terrible actress. "
Right in the spot!
#26 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Ali Larter is pretty but she has not the the "right" body. Catherine Zeta-Jones? Nah. She's tool old and not very friendly. What about Jessica Stroup?
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91349 posts) - - Show Bio
@yeopop said:
" Ali Larter is pretty but she has not the the "right" body. Catherine Zeta-Jones? Nah. She's tool old and not very friendly. What about Jessica Stroup? "
How about none of those.
#28 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

oh no no! she is Bad actress,, i have never liked her :/
#29 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Any idea then?
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91349 posts) - - Show Bio
@yeopop said:
" @Vance Astro: Any idea then? "
Nope.I would hope it's someone less known that hasn't been in very many movies.They make the best roleplayers.
#31 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
Yeah. Lets find a new girl.
#32 Edited by CylonDorado (1867 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know about her acting, but I think she would look fine for it if she died her hair. But since so many people say she's a bad actress, I'm inclined to believe them, and I'll also pass. 

I think there's a good unknown out there somewhere.

#33 Posted by King Saturn (224692 posts) - - Show Bio
Ali Larter looks good... but she is not right for the role of Wonder Woman... 
#34 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" I dont know about this... "
#35 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@Paracelsus said:
"I heard that Sandra Bullock was picked for the role!  Terry "

oh come on you want 45 year old actress to play Wonder woman?
#36 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of Sandra Bullock at all. Maybe that chick from NCIS. She looks the part.

#37 Posted by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio
Ali Larter is awesome, but not Wonder Woman unfortunately. :/  
I've always seen Ali as Ms Marvel to be honest.
#38 Posted by nick_clark (129 posts) - - Show Bio
@AngelFrost:  Agree with you, as WW is a bad choice, she's a great actress but she doesn't look like to her...
#39 Edited by AmazingWebHead (3792 posts) - - Show Bio

@grubich said:

how about cathrine zeta jones as wonder woman ?

I agree 100%!

#40 Posted by Farkam (4989 posts) - - Show Bio

She isn't WW material. Sorry.

#41 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I put in a request to have all of these "Who Should Play Wonder Woman" threads merged?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.