A Story Arc of WGirl meeting WW?

#1 Edited by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since Superboy has met Superman, do you guys find it strange that Wondergirl and Wonder woman have like..NO CONTACT. At all.

So it's made me pretty interested in seeing them meet. I mean...if the current WW arc even has an end that is -_______-

#2 Posted by WDW (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman in her own book is so much better then Wonder Woman in the rest of the DCnU. It has a nice pace in it and I think it would be foolish to add wondergirl for the sake of adding wondergirl.

Really there is no value added in doing so at this time.

#3 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio
@wboy said:
I mean...if the current WW arc even has an end that is -_______-

Yeah man, I 'm with ya there.

@wdw: Of course there's a value in having them meet, people want to see remnants of the Wonder Woman family back together and it doesn't have to take place in Azzarello's untouchable world. The odd thing about the Teen Titans title is that almost all of those characters, with the exception of Superboy, have had their anchor to their derivative character severed. Wonder Girl is a drastically changed character and the bond that made the pre52 relationship so special isn't there. I'm not really sure why it was important for DC to do this but it seems that Cass & Diana are perfect strangers.

It looked like there was an opportunity for there to be an overlap During H'El on Earth but no one capitalized on that one.

#4 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3854 posts) - - Show Bio

The timeline between Wonder Woman's individual title and that of the Justice League seems a little skewed to me. At some point she has to meet her, but her title is still so new that I want to focus on solely her before she starts dealing with her. One a completely related note what's become of Donna Troy?

#5 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm feeling as through Wonder Woman issues 1-18 take place before issue 7 if Justice League. She is shown flying in issue 8 of JL but doesn't get the power of flight until issue 12 of her own series. Azzarello mentioned in an interview with Sara that "everything is current" but that's a little general.

As I mentioned before, if Cass & Diana meet, it doesn't have to take place in the Wonder Woman comic.

#6 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think Wonder Woman needs to branch out from the God stuff, but it's already kind of doing that by adding the New Gods. I don't think adding Wonder Girl is necessary, at least, not at this time.

That said, it was pretty awesome when she teamed up with Batwoman.

#7 Edited by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

That said, it was pretty awesome when she teamed up with Batwoman.

Yeah! That was well done :)

#8 Posted by Wboy (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I also forgot to mention, it's hinted that Wgirl's pantheon is actually of Norse mythology so I think that'd add to the interest point.

#9 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Trigon a part of Norse mythology? I really don't know anything about him and I haven't read the last few Tean Titans comics. . .

#10 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read Trigon's Wiki page (skimmed really) and I didn't see any Norse affiliation so I'll have to read the Teen Titans stuff the get a better handle on this Norse angle. Thanks for the heads up.

#11 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there is any character in DC's post 52 lineup that when through more changes than WW and her family. WW was heavily retconned, the Amazons were made into professional dicks (intentional wording), Donna Troy was put on a bus, Cassie is now fully separate ...

#12 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassie's division from the Wonder Woman family is frustrating. Again I'm not sure why it was important for DC to do this but it's done.

That said, I would still like to see the two of them get together at some point just for the fun of it all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.