Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

A Question 4 the Azzarello Haters

• 120 results
    Muffin_Sangria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@scorpio_cassadine: Well when I was talking about psionic abilities I meant more how their combat training had a large focus on learning to psychically enhance one's physical abilities. Essentially in old comics all the Amazons had the powers of Iron Fist. Wonder Woman's divine connection let her take that ability even further. I think it is fair to say that the Amazons might have stagnated somewhat technologically but they could have continued to train their minds.

SayaOtonashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One problem is the amazons in Azz for these who said it's many closer to the myth aren't they didn't hate males they would give the sons back to their fathers . Mythical tech would work and it should be built with greek designs.

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
    WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By WonderWomanFan8

I'm not really interested in how azz's story ends. It's not that I hate what he's done to the character, but more of a dislike...I feel like he could've told the exact same story he's told over the past few years without making changes that I don't think were necessary. I'm surprised he and his team have had as much creative control with her as they did. Diana is a character who is in desperate need of continuity as she's lacking in universal constants. And instead of establishing constants with her, he decides the best option to take with her is to go against the grain and take her in a new direction, as other writers in the past have done of course, but perhaps, not so dramatically.

Superman and Batman have universal constants that don't change, no matter who tells the story. It's gonna always be a Kryptonian raised on a farm in Kansas with the alter ego Clark Kent, working for the Daily Planet, Metropolis, etc...For Batman, he will always be an orphaned child with murdered parents, Alfred, Gotham, etc...Diana doesn't have a Gotham, Metropolis, Lois Lane, etc...So yeah, Diana needs some constants established.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wonderwomanfan8 - Yes exactly. And for me its real easy. You can make the Trinity complete equals if they just thought about it. The trinity would also be alot cooler, because there would be more space to explore their differences rather than doing this old lame now over done Batman and Superman bromance relationship, thats got quite sickening in recent times.

City

Batman - Gotham City (Represents his darkness)

Superman - Metropolis (city of the future, representing his scifi element)

Wonder Woman - (Gateway City - representing her entry or Gate Way into Mans World.

Secret Identity or civilian identity

Batman - Bruce wayne

Superman - Clark Kent

Wonder Woman- No secret identity, betrays her philosophy of Truth. Otherwise known as Princess Diana of Themyscira.

Moral Stance

Batman - Will use criminal methods, like torture or spying, but will never kill

Superman - Will never use criminal methods, and won´t kill .

Wonder Woman - Will never use criminal methods, even more than Superman, but if her hand is absolutely forced, will kill.

Another great difference between the 3.

Jobs

Batman - Billionaire with Wayne Manor as base of operation, and Batcave.

Superman - Journalist, works in Daily Planet with Fortress Of Solitude.

Wonder Woman - Works as Ambassador at Themyscira House, with Themyscira and Temple Of Athena or (Insert Goddess, as her version of Bat Cave or Fortress Of Solitude)

Archnemisis

Superman has Lex Luthor and Braniac as main antagonists

Batman Joker and Riddler (Or whoever, Ras Al Ghul)

Wonder Woman Ares and Alkyone (Or whoever, Cheetah or Dr. Psycho)

Secondary Villains (Of WW that can be modernized easily)

Batman - Bane, Kiler Croc, Scare Crow, Penguin etc

Superman - Darkseid, Doomsday, Metallo etc

WW - Veronica Cale, Dr. Poison, Genocide, Circe etc.

Main Love Interest

Superman - Lois Lane

Batman - Catwoman or Talia Al Ghul

Wonder Woman - Steve Trevor

Spiritual and Moral Guides

Superman - the Kents especially Pa Kent and Jo-rel

Batman - Alfred and Thomas Wayne

Wonder Woman - Hippolyta and Hera

Main Supporting Players

Superman connected by Daily Planet (Lois, Jimmy, Perry White and workers at daily planet and star labs)

Batman connected by war against organized crime (Alfred, Commisioner Gordan and gangsters and Gotham PD)

Wonder Woman connected by Embassy and Steve´s work with Argus (Artemis, Etta Candy, Steve Trevor, Mindy Myer and members of Themyscira House and Argus)

Her story has the exact same structure. People just want to refuse to see it for some reason. If they just got all this together, WW with one animated series could be put on equal footing with Supes. Its all there someone just has to see it. Just like Geoff Johns recently did with Shazam. It would make the trinity alot more interesting as well.

if someone streamlined her story like this and established her world, who in it, what she does, what she´s willing and absolutely not willing to do, I think it won´t just enhance her story, but it will enhance the whole trinity.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this yesterday concerning WW's Diana Prince identity and it made perfect sense to me.

No Caption Provided

It justifies completely why she'd feel it necessary to have two personas and wouldn't see it as dishonesty.

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: it kind of doesn't. She's just like "I love being a normal woman and I want to succeed as Diana Prince because it's important to me -- for some unmentioned reason". Maintaining a secret identity is dishonest through and through. As far as I'm concerned I would very much like to never see Diana Prince again because it's old, it's clichéd, it's kind of what Superman's famous for. As for telling the truth without a filter, that'd make it almost impossible to be around Wonder Woman unless you're every bit as fabulous as she is lol

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizoom said:

@scorpio_cassadine: it kind of doesn't. She's just like "I love being a normal woman and I want to succeed as Diana Prince because it's important to me -- for some unmentioned reason". Maintaining a secret identity is dishonest through and through. As far as I'm concerned I would very much like to never see Diana Prince again because it's old, it's clichéd, it's kind of what Superman's famous for. As for telling the truth without a filter, that'd make it almost impossible to be around Wonder Woman unless you're every bit as fabulous as she is lol

Bulls#*t she had a secret id since 1942, I don't care what Superman is famous for. It's important for her to be successful as Diana Prince because it's her window into normal society and proof she can make it in "Man's World" as a normal woman, without relying on her gods given gifts. It's her way of practicing what she preaches.

Plus it adds tension that otherwise wouldn't be in the series. The way it is now she's Wonder Woman all the time and there's no way to possibly catch her off guard. I want to see Diana Prince face street level opponents that would be a threat to her, but several tiers below Wonder Woman's league. That's how you make villains like THEM! or Julianna Sazia interesting and add variety. I'm effing sick of gods and demigods, she's a superhero not Xena.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine - My problem isn´t her having a secret identity per-se. My objection is to the stupidity of the name picked. I mean Diana Prince, when everyone knows Wonder Woman is called Diana and that she´s a princess. It just is a bit obvious and I think it´s to late to change that. If she came to our world as just WW, and know one knew of The Amazons and that her actual name was Diana, then I wouldn´t have a problem, but otherwise it´s just silly.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine - By the way she could still just go out and be a normal person. Much like a celebrity does. They still have personal lives. I just can´t jibe with no one figuring out that Diana Prince is Princess Diana. Can you? Its already bad enough Clark just wears glasses, what is she going to do the same?

ArchiZoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ArchiZoom

@scorpio_cassadine: Bulls#*t she had a secret id since 1942, I don't care what Superman is famous for. It's important for her to be successful as Diana Prince because it's her window into normal society and proof she can make it in "Man's World" as a normal woman, without relying on her gods given gifts. It's her way of practicing what she preaches.

well Superman got the patent on secret identities, figuratively speaking, Clark Kent is universally famous. Her looks and wits, her life were gifts so she'd still be relying on them to succeed in the world. My priority is see Wonder Woman triumph as a superheroine which right now she's struggling badly with and I'll rather have Wonder Woman fight gods and aliens and leave the street level characters for the Batfamily. I can think of far more interesting ways to create drama than having Wonder Woman sustain a secret identity, such as corrupting her a little bit

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's magic. The spin or the lasso which ever is your preference, creates a glamor. It's not just WW wearing glasses and civilian clothes. The disguise goes so deep the name it represents is simple, that's a part of the spell.

No Caption Provided

What would be dope is if we see WW wearing glasses, but everyone else sees regular, chubby, ginger, spunky Etta Candy.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@jphulk26: Julius Schwartz and Carmine Infantino were placed on the Batman books in 1964. Neither the editor or star artist had even a bit of interest in Batman though they made Batman popular and saved Detective Comics and Batman comics from cancellation after terrible sales. Without those two we might've not had Batman right now. So people who have little interest in a character before hand can help improve a character.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Is anybody else that's been boycotting the series, curious about how it ends and thinking about picking it up for posterity? I don't want to increase Azz's final sales, but I do want to be able to pick it apart from a position of actually having read the last few issues in detail. What do you think? Is that worth falling on my sword and acquiescing for the sake of my collection and my favorite hero Wonder Woman? I'm not sure it is. The last thing I want to do is give Azzarello any validation.

I went to a con this weekend and managed to pick up most of Azzarello's run for 2 for a dollar. That cheap, how good could it be? lol This way I get to have all of it for posterity, without supporting it financially or increasing it's sales numbers. I love it when a plan comes together! :)

FoamBorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to a con this weekend and managed to pick up most of Azzarello's run for 2 for a dollar. That cheap, how good could it be? lol This way I get to have all of it for posterity, without supporting it financially or increasing it's sales numbers. I love it when a plan comes together! :)

That's great and If you're lucky you might even find a stack of Soule's sm/ww comics in a garbage bin

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that would be wonderful! Winning! :)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@scorpio_cassadine said:

Is anybody else that's been boycotting the series, curious about how it ends and thinking about picking it up for posterity? I don't want to increase Azz's final sales, but I do want to be able to pick it apart from a position of actually having read the last few issues in detail. What do you think? Is that worth falling on my sword and acquiescing for the sake of my collection and my favorite hero Wonder Woman? I'm not sure it is. The last thing I want to do is give Azzarello any validation.

...so you bought 36 issues for 2 dollars a pop when it was originally sold at 3 dollars? The same price they usually drop to anyway on places like comixology or the stores that stick with the cover prices after a few months?

Gratz, you saved a whopping 36 dollars and is so late to the party that everyone else has gone home.

Amazon03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

...so you bought 36 issues for 2 dollars a pop when it was originally sold at 3 dollars? The same price they usually drop to anyway on places like comixology or the stores that stick with the cover prices after a few months?

Gratz, you saved a whopping 36 dollars and is so late to the party that everyone else has gone home.

No. He got 2 issues for every dollar spent. He spent roughly 18 dollars for the whole run.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazon03 said:

@outside_85 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

No. He got 2 issues for every dollar spent. He spent roughly 18 dollars for the whole run.

Exactly! Thanks for clarifying for the people who aren't good at math.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#119  Edited By Outside_85

@amazon03 said:

@outside_85 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

For the benifit of a pathetic hypocrite, he can trump me at maths anyday.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@amazon03 said:

@outside_85 said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

@scorpio_cassadine said:

For the benifit of a pathetic hypocrite, he can trump me at maths anyday.

"maths" where they say that at? Arkansas?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.