A logistic way the Amazons could be Kryptonian

• 59 results
#1 Posted by 4_color_image (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Before peoples' heads spin, hear me out. If the rumors had been true & the Amazon in the Man of Steel sequle were indeed Kryptonian, I have come up with a logistical way it could work & not really change any of Diana or the Amazons' origins.

Thousands of years ago a Kryptonian scout shuttle, Olympus, crashed into the side of a great mountain in ancient Greece. Due to our atmosphere being hostile to the Kryptonians, they stayed inside the ship for many years; however, because of the effects of the yellow sun on the Kryptonians and the outside atmosphere leaking into the ship, over time they assimilated to our environment as well as developed godlike powers. While the Kryptonians where still inside the ship, the primitive natives begin to colonize at the foot of the mountain creating great myths of what was inside, stories of powerful Titans. These primitive villages were the early stages of what would become a great civilization. As the Kryptonians began to emerge from the ship, the primitives mistook them for Gods; children of the Titans they had imagined were inside, thus the birth of the Greek Pantheon. The first to make himself known to the humans was Zeus, the super egotistical leader of the crew with a overzealous libido. Zeus fathered several children with the natives, each with great powers elevating them above humans. Over time, the ‘Gods’ became more curious about our kind and begin to study us, their machinations guiding the Greeks as a race. Due to Zeus’s infidelity, his wife Hera gathered other ‘Goddesses’ and create a watery gestation chamber, the Gia, located off the coast of Greece and there they spliced their own DNA with the bodies of slain females, creating a hybrid race; half human, half Kryptonian. Believing they would be more peaceful without cheating husbands, the race is all female and because the yellow sun extends the Kryptonians’ life to near immortality, there is no need for males to mate with. The first to rise from the water is called Hippolyta and in time becomes the queen. Several of the female ‘Gods’ care for and raise their new race of Kryptonian/ Human hybrid females and in time they come to be known as Amazons. The Amazons, being half Kryptonian lived much longer than humans & have greater strength; however, due to their hybrid DNA and originating from Earth, the Amazons do not have a weakness to Kryptonite. Above the gestation chamber, the ‘Goddesses’ create an island home for the Amazons, hidden from all others and restricted from the violation of males. To protect the gestation chamber, the Amazons are told it is a great evil and they are bound to protect and guard it. As they grow, the ‘Gods’ train them in many of their ways, including warfare & science. Over time, the human side of Queen Hippolyta began to cause her to yearn for a child, unknown to both her & the “Goddesses’ who created her, Hippolyta was pregnant when she was slain and the essence of the unborn child was still inside her. Zeus, who had admired Hippolyta from afar and unable to control his urges, appears to the queen of the Amazons and they began an affair. The result of this affair was a daughter, Diana. To hide the true lineage of Diana from Hera, Zeus and Hippolyta fabricate a story that Diana was created from clay & granted life by the ‘Gods’. Since Diana is 2/3 Kryptonian, she is stronger than other Amazons and can fly; however, like the other Amazons, she is also immune to Kryptonite.

#2 Edited by Farkam (5302 posts) - - Show Bio

Too convoluted.

#3 Posted by 4_color_image (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam: How is it be convoluted, it is the story of the Greek Gods replaced by Kryptonians? There is very little altered to the 1000s of years history of the Gods & Amazons.
I find Azz's new origin much more convoluted & there are some major plot holes in the Zeus as father origin. But, oh well :)

#4 Posted by JetiiMitra (8874 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good for a fanfiction - and I really mean that, I would read it - but I don't think it would be the best for a movie.

Also, spacing makes things a lot easier to read.

#5 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazons are Amazons. Kryptonians are Kryptonians. Just no.

#6 Posted by 4_color_image (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@captaintightpants12: I agree, but I am just trying to find a way it would work if it had to happen.

#7 Posted by Super-Wonder (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Too convoluted.

That's not a very constructive statement.

@4_color_image: I think this is very creative. I would love to see this fleshed out in an alternate reality scenario, I simply feel that the audience would be more accepting of it and a concept like this would have more creative freedom to grow without the confinement of canon.

#8 Posted by CaptainTightpants12 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@4_color_image: I am biased as a comic book fan, but if they try to make the Amazons into Kryptonains on any level, we should boycott the movie. That's pretty disrespectful and demeaning to the greatest female superhero in all of comic book history.

She's not an offshoot of Superman. She is her own character. The fact that we're even having to talk about it is pretty disgusting, so let's just hope it's pointless speculation that even brought the rumor to life.

#9 Posted by Transformaa (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds pretty interesting

#10 Posted by Farkam (5302 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Too convoluted.

@4_color_image: I think this is very creative. I would love to see this fleshed out in an alternate reality scenario, I simply feel that the audience would be more accepting of it and a concept like this would have more creative freedom to grow without the confinement of canon.

I don't care what you think is a constructive statement.

#11 Posted by SCORPIO_CASSADINE (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Before peoples' heads spin, hear me out. If the rumors had been true & the Amazon in the Man of Steel sequle were indeed Kryptonian, I have come up with a logistical way it could work & not really change any of Diana or the Amazons' origins.

Thousands of years ago a Kryptonian scout shuttle, Olympus, crashed into the side of a great mountain in ancient Greece. Due to our atmosphere being hostile to the Kryptonians, they stayed inside the ship for many years; however, because of the effects of the yellow sun on the Kryptonians and the outside atmosphere leaking into the ship, over time they assimilated to our environment as well as developed godlike powers. While the Kryptonians where still inside the ship, the primitive natives begin to colonize at the foot of the mountain creating great myths of what was inside, stories of powerful Titans. These primitive villages were the early stages of what would become a great civilization. As the Kryptonians began to emerge from the ship, the primitives mistook them for Gods; children of the Titans they had imagined were inside, thus the birth of the Greek Pantheon. The first to make himself known to the humans was Zeus, the super egotistical leader of the crew with a overzealous libido. Zeus fathered several children with the natives, each with great powers elevating them above humans. Over time, the ‘Gods’ became more curious about our kind and begin to study us, their machinations guiding the Greeks as a race. Due to Zeus’s infidelity, his wife Hera gathered other ‘Goddesses’ and create a watery gestation chamber, the Gia, located off the coast of Greece and there they spliced their own DNA with the bodies of slain females, creating a hybrid race; half human, half Kryptonian. Believing they would be more peaceful without cheating husbands, the race is all female and because the yellow sun extends the Kryptonians’ life to near immortality, there is no need for males to mate with. The first to rise from the water is called Hippolyta and in time becomes the queen. Several of the female ‘Gods’ care for and raise their new race of Kryptonian/ Human hybrid females and in time they come to be known as Amazons. The Amazons, being half Kryptonian lived much longer than humans & have greater strength; however, due to their hybrid DNA and originating from Earth, the Amazons do not have a weakness to Kryptonite. Above the gestation chamber, the ‘Goddesses’ create an island home for the Amazons, hidden from all others and restricted from the violation of males. To protect the gestation chamber, the Amazons are told it is a great evil and they are bound to protect and guard it. As they grow, the ‘Gods’ train them in many of their ways, including warfare & science. Over time, the human side of Queen Hippolyta began to cause her to yearn for a child, unknown to both her & the “Goddesses’ who created her, Hippolyta was pregnant when she was slain and the essence of the unborn child was still inside her. Zeus, who had admired Hippolyta from afar and unable to control his urges, appears to the queen of the Amazons and they began an affair. The result of this affair was a daughter, Diana. To hide the true lineage of Diana from Hera, Zeus and Hippolyta fabricate a story that Diana was created from clay & granted life by the ‘Gods’. Since Diana is 2/3 Kryptonian, she is stronger than other Amazons and can fly; however, like the other Amazons, she is also immune to Kryptonite.

No thank you.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35153 posts) - - Show Bio

They already confirmed WW won't be a Kryptonian but I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Amazons turn out to be long lost New Gods.

#13 Edited by Outside_85 (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

I will keep this simple:

• I dont want them to be kryptonians.
  • End of story.
#14 Edited by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana is one of te few female characters not to be hooked on to a male superhero. I would like to keep it that way

#15 Posted by RustyRoy (14010 posts) - - Show Bio

I will keep this simple:

• I dont want them to be kryptonians.
  • End of story.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (14010 posts) - - Show Bio

They already confirmed WW won't be a Kryptonian but I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Amazons turn out to be long lost New Gods.

That would be awesome actually.

#17 Edited by jphulk26 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Argo f yourself :)

#18 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35153 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

That would be awesome actually.

I think I could accept that more than any other change tbh

#19 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: @jonny_anonymous: @4_color_image: it seems well thought out and i think it could work for the movie, but for comic fans i think that may be a bit much to handle. what's next, are atlanteans just a rogue group of hybrid kryptonians that settled under water? and are martians just kryptonians that settled on mars and turned green? ect.

#20 Edited by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@4_color_image: I like your idea, quite a lot actually save the last bit where Wonder Woman is 3/4 Kryptonian because that places Diana too far below Superman in the pyramid of might, being female and a quarter human, unless women are men's physical equals in the Kryptonian species. Or we could have it that Diana inherited full kryptonian strength from Zeus but due to her human dna she lost some invulnerability, heat vision but developed immunity to kryptonite, magic and red sun radiation. But even in these terms, Wonder Woman seems like a watered-down version of Superman which is not very flattering. You need to come up with a story for the lasso and the God's magical powers, such as exposure to cosmic radiation in their way here.

I don't personally think it's an insult to Wonder Woman having this connection with Superman's mythos because in my opinion the way she's systematically slighted is incomparably worse and this could actually fix it.

#21 Edited by Outside_85 (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: @jonny_anonymous: @4_color_image: it seems well thought out and i think it could work for the movie, but for comic fans i think that may be a bit much to handle. what's next, are atlanteans just a rogue group of hybrid kryptonians that settled under water? and are martians just kryptonians that settled on mars and turned green? ect.

Well, thats really my problem with tying everything together the way DC is doing right now, it just makes the whole thing a lot less diverse.

And I kinda feel the same problem exists in the Marvel cinematic universe, even if it's not very evident. Hulk came about trying to replicate Captain America, Captain America became a hero fighting a guy wielding an Asgardian artifact and so on. It just feels a little too controlled.

#22 Edited by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

The only problem is that means Diana is going to be part of Superman's myths. Keep them separated. Diana is the only big Dc female who is not under connection of a male name. I'm not saying it's bad but myth should be her's alone. Even if just make them the same species, she will still be part of his myth.

#24 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

The only problem is that means Diana is going to be part of Superman's myths. Keep them separated. Diana is the only big Dc female who is not under connection of a male name. I'm not saying it's bad but myth should be her's alone. Even if just make them the same species, she will still be part of his myth.

You worry that Wonder Woman might become a sub-product of Superman but isn't she already. Superman is already far involved in everything she does. This would merely connect their stories and we can always find creative ways to incorporate elements of her mythos into Superman's.

#25 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: i actually like how marvel connected everything for the avengers.......and none of the origin stories were drastically changed.

#26 Edited by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible idea.

#27 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: I'm not wrong tell me where is he in her myth or origins? Even though they are together. Their myths are different even though they have their own book it showing how different their myths are. They aren't sub . Lots of heroes have appear in each other books or any books with each other. However with the relationship going to end this is going to end the sub because Wonder Woman in her creation had not been attach to a man.

#28 Posted by Outside_85 (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom said:

@outside_85: less diverse but more cohesive.

Which to me is boring.

Like when everything is so interwoven into each other, you weed out the uniqueness of the individual strands along with their ability to really stand on their own. Lobdell said something along this line when he tried to explain his TT and Superboy connections: "It's not going to be like someone sneezes in one book and the other book goes 'gesundheit'" (ofc he went the exact opposite direction and SB is now totally slaved to whats going on in TT).

It's also one of the greatest strengths (I think) of Azzarello's book, it stands on it's own, going it's own way regardless of what the rest of the DCU is doing. I know some find that annoying, but to me it's annoying if I have to read some other book to get what the characters are talking about. (Imagine reading Lobdell's Superman without knowing anything about Orion's appearance in WW, you are pretty much left clueless when Diana and Orion go: "You?!")

#29 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: I'm not wrong tell me where is he in her myth or origins? Even though they are together. Their myths are different even though they have their own book it showing how different their myths are. They aren't sub . Lots of heroes have appear in each other books or any books with each other.

I didn't say anything about their relationship, to be honest it didn't even occur to me. What I meant was that a big part of Wonder Woman's exposure is with the Justice League where she systematically plays second fiddle to Superman and we constantly compare them.

#30 Edited by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@outside_85: I don't like crossovers very much either, the goal is to compel people to buy comic books of the characters involved in the story but Azzarello could've still done the current run if the Gods were Kryptonian. It brings cohesion to the Justice League but that doesn't necessarily mean we have to synchronize the characters' eponymous books.

#31 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: Okay, sorry I thought you mean in each other books. Yea, However New 52 Wonder Woman is not the best Justice League version. I think if they put her on the same scale but they are fear.

#32 Posted by Muffin_Sangria (690 posts) - - Show Bio

DC needs to bite the bullet and just say that yes magic exists and yes Wonder Woman was created by the gods. It would put them one step ahead of Mavel who are still kinda pussy footing around the whole magic thing.

#33 Posted by Super-Wonder (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

@super-wonder said:

@farkam said:

Too convoluted.

That's not very contsructive.

#34 Edited by Farkam (5302 posts) - - Show Bio

@super-wonder said:

@farkam said:

@super-wonder said:

@farkam said:

Too convoluted.

That's not very contsructive.

I don't care what you think is constructive.

#35 Posted by Super-Wonder (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Hmm. still not very constructive, but keep trying :D

You worry that Wonder Woman might become a sub-product of Superman but isn't she already. Superman is already far involved in everything she does. This would merely connect their stories and we can always find creative ways to incorporate elements of her mythos into Superman's.

One could choose to see Wonder Woman that way. But I sense that there is some sarcasm in your post.

#36 Posted by Farkam (5302 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

Hmm. still not very constructive, but keep trying :D

@archizoom said:

One could choose to see Wonder Woman that way. But I sense that there is some sarcasm in your post.

Hmm. I still don't care about what you think is constructive, but keep trying. :D

#37 Edited by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

DC needs to bite the bullet and just say that yes magic exists and yes Wonder Woman was created by the gods. It would put them one step ahead of Mavel who are still kinda pussy footing around the whole magic thing.

The way how marvel explains it makes sense; in thor, they state that magic is just another form of science that humans do not fully understand.

#38 Edited by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@super-wonder: by no means. People worry that going down this path would relegate Wonder Woman to Superman's support team but that's already how she's written. If turning Wonder Woman into a kryptonian stops her and her enemies from being one-shot by ordinary people and getting pummeled by every powerhouse then I hope they do that because in my opinion nothing's more insulting to Women than repeatedly showing the most powerful lady in the world relying on Superman to survive.

#39 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: But not in her own book. I think this is what comic fans are worried about if u have characters be connected by the same species it will always just be about Superman. THis is the reason for Superman and Wonder Woman's own book. Look, I don't think it's a smart move but moving her to Superman's species still will not move her up in ranks with Dc. Superman will not be beaten by Diana by Batman but not Diana. It's not her Dc is just being scared. Making her the same race will not help. By writing like the strength and skill than yes. New 52 is trash and dumb( Justice League) Keep them separated.

#40 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@sayaotonashi: Not that this is such a bad idea but I agree with you about the execution.

#41 Edited by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

'Logistically'

they can use kryptonite island just like in returns

#42 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: i wonder what would happen if Diana could bet Superman because of her skills?

#43 Posted by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@sayaotonashi: I like to think she can. I like to think she stands a better chance of winning actually lol he's the strongest but she's the best.

#44 Posted by SayaOtonashi (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@archizoom: Agree what she lacks in strong, she makes for in skills. She way better than Batman in combat and unarmed combat. Out of the three she is more well around. Taking batman's skill and Superman's strength. She is a force she have to be careful with.

#45 Edited by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@4_color_image: I think you mean "logical", logistics are essentially just the handling of details in an operation.

#46 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

This topic again?

Ain't happening.

#47 Posted by Super-Wonder (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@super-wonder: by no means. People worry that going down this path would relegate Wonder Woman to Superman's support team but that's already how she's written. If turning Wonder Woman into a kryptonian stops her and her enemies from being one-shot by ordinary people and getting pummeled by every powerhouse then I hope they do that because in my opinion nothing's more insulting to Women than repeatedly showing the most powerful lady in the world relying on Superman to survive.

You make some strong statements. I don't see that she's written as needing Superman to survive and I'm sure that there are many others that feel the same way. But your words of acceptance of this idea, making Diana a Kryptonian descendent is conflicting with every other thing that you posted about the relationship and the desire to raise her to an equal status with Batman & Superman. This sounds like defeat, to reduce her character to an infinitely removed relative of Superman, for cohesion? ;D You're too much.

So if she's Kyrptonian readers and creators would understand Wonder Woman better and treat her better?

Perhaps the Amazons lived eons before the Perez run suggests, perhaps the Gods tried the formula for their Divine Amazon creation a multitude of times before. If they were able to build an invisible jet who's to say that they didn't develope the means of interplanetary travel ages before their exile to Themyscira, colonize Krypton, then jettison two of their lineage, moments before Kryptons death, back to to their place of origin, making the -Els Amazons?

#48 Edited by ArchiZoom (1124 posts) - - Show Bio

@super-wonder: well the way I see it the character of Wonder Woman has already been permanently damaged. The public perception of Wonder Woman is frankly negative, she's perceived as a female not quite as powerful version of Superman. She's not an equal to her male counterparts and doesn't have a place in DC's holy trinity which for all intents and purposes is a holy dyad. Batman is Brains, Superman is Muscles and Wonder Woman is a big question mark. Kingdom Come reduced Wonder Woman to Superman's lieutenant and that's where she's been positioned ie beneath Superman. So by all means, in my opinion, she already is what you're afraid she'll become.

The Gods wouldn't necessarily have to be Kryptonian, but Kryptonians and the Gods I guess could descend from the same ancestral alien civilization. They'd share the same genetic basis but bear several evolutionary differences.

#49 Edited by Super-Wonder (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@super-wonder: well the way I see it the character of Wonder Woman has already been permanently damaged.

Wow. I'm so sorry. I really wish I could change this for you as well as public perception.

@super-wonder: The public perception of Wonder Woman is frankly negative, she's perceived as a female not quite as powerful version of Superman.

This is true.

#50 Edited by RogueShadow (12010 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as Gal Gadot can convincingly do this:

I don't care where she's from.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.