Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

A better future for the amazons

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
    deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am tired of seeing the amazons being portrayed as barbarian cannon fodder. They need a better group of women that are willing to do whatever it takes to defend their kingdom. They aren't humans that have to defend on a superhero to save them. They need to be more like kryptonians. We also need some diversity among them and storytelling.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

I never liked them being portrayed as more than human. To me it lessens them as characters.

Should they be in top physical condition? sure but well within human standards.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: they've nearly always been portrayed as more than humans. Even during the Silver Age when Kanigher massively de powered them they were still somewhat super-human. How does making them normal women lessen them?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dernman

@csg_cl: I never said they were or weren't. I'm just saying I wasn't in favor of it.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dernman said:

@csg_cl: I never said they were or weren't. I'm just saying I wasn't in favor of it.

How do you feel that Wonder Woman should be portrayed physically, given that she's an Amazon?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dernman

@dshipp17: Most Amazon's should be taller than the average woman with a strong muscular but athletic physique.

EDIT: They don't have to be riped but you want to see the power in their body and movement.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dernman said:

@dshipp17: Most Amazon's should be taller than the average woman with a strong muscular but athletic physique.

EDIT: They don't have to be riped but you want to see the power in their body and movement.

That goes for Wonder Woman too, right?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: Obviously considering she should be the best of them.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CSG_CL

@dshipp17: I'd say she should be on the taller side 5'10" - 6'2" range and athletic, but not bulky ... Along the lines of someone like Amelie Mauresmo in her prime. She should look sleek but feminine IMO

http://40.media.tumblr.com/0f8a91587c11ab78910589c7d29d9f91/tumblr_niy9u08n7Z1u832izo1_500.jpg

http://cdn3-www.afterellen.com/assets/uploads/images/ameliemauresmo1.jpg

http://hdwpapers.com/download/amelie_mauresmo_wallpaper-1024x768.jpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She should look like Chyna in her prime

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: a bit masculine for my taste (the irony of being a gay man saying that) ... I've always thought Diana should be able to pull off a onesy uniform to go fight baddies, then throw on a ball gown and look beautiful not like a drag queen going for the most butch trophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@somayareece: a bit masculine for my taste (the irony of being a gay man saying that) ... I've always thought Diana should be able to pull off a onesy uniform to go fight baddies, then throw on a ball gown and look beautiful not like a drag queen going for the most butch trophy

Lol. I could argue that they should put gay men on Themyscira. I wouldn't want Diana to seem like a butch (that would be kind of creepy haha). It would be interesting if Diana was dominating Clark in the bed though O_O

I always thought Wonder Woman should be like She-Hulk. A bit muscular/athletic but beautiful features.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece: WW should totally dominate SM ... The Boy Scout should say "yes mama" and beg to kiss her boots ;)

I like her general look from the Jiminez/Rucka/Simone era ... I think they struck the right look/build without making her fall outside of the "normal female build"

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I never liked them being portrayed as more than human. To me it lessens them as characters.

Should they be in top physical condition? sure but well within human standards.

How does it lessen them as characters?

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

They need to go back to the original basis for the amazons and start there. The concept of one of the strongest characters being raised by and created by a community of women is a very powerful message that can be complicated and interesting without making them rapists and walking stereotypes, and its been done before.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Given how Diana appears to be the most physical strongest out of them all, while there are multiple Kryptonians who could give Clark a run for his money, them being more than just fodder doesn't seem likely.

xoxo, -Saint Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: The same thing about kryptonians could be said about lanterns, martians, and speed force speedsters. The problem is Diana greatly outclasses her people to the point that they are nothing more than human fodder. Artemis was a worthy opponent to Diana though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.