fables87's Wonder Woman: Guts #1 - Vol. 2 review

• fables87 wrote this review on .
  • fables87 has written a total of 51 reviews. The last one was for Book One

Hell Yeah Wonder Woman!

I'm seriously in love with this series now. I really love the writing, the darkness, the edginess, and the maturity. Wonder Woman is no longer a comic book for kids, as it should be. She deals with Greek mythology. If you actually read the tales, they are very graphic. Wonder Woman get close to the graphic parts, but still keeps it PG-13. What I love most about this volume is how much it reads like the Sandman comics. The gods and their relationships remind me of the Endless. And the new look to the gods are clever too. My only complaint is that it is a quick read and wish they were longer, but that's just a minor complaint. I know there are some fans who don't like the change, but I think they should accept this change. I still hold my ground that it's not that different from the original creation. She's still Wonder Woman after all.

Other reviews for Wonder Woman: Guts #1 - Vol. 2

I liked this one a lot more than last volume. 0

Diana aka Wonder Woman met a young girl named Zola who was impregnated by the god Zeus, this enraged Zeus' wife Hera to the point where she tried to end Zola's life and is still trying hard to. Diana attempted to manipulate Zeus' brothers Poseidon and Hades into capturing his vacant throne since disappearing. Things do not play out according to Diana's strategy due to Hade's actions. -summary Wonder Woman is definitely among the titles in the New 52 that actually does feel like a necessary reboo...

A Hell of a Good Read 0

Wonder Woman Volume 1 left a lot of plot ribbons hanging in the air, with little being clear as to how this series might progress and if the readers would be left in the dark. Luckily, this book sheds some light (hellfire, if you will) on the story as a whole, to great affect, making this novel much more effective and enjoyable.To start, the characters feel a bit stronger in this one. Hermes is, more or less, shown to have an actual reason to hang around, although it's still somewhat unclear. Le...