razzatazz's Wonder Woman #9 - The Dearly Beloved review

Incapable of love

This series is somewhat becoming known as one of shocking moments, and generally through the revelation of new information.  This has been good at times, and when it has been going strong it has been really strong.  When not though, it becomes apparent that behind the shock there is sometimes not as much substance.  This is the case here as the series progresses from the cliffhanger ending to the previous issue where Hades wants Diana to be his bride.  There is a fair amount of developments here, and things which are not always expected, but it also all too often delves into the realm of the fighting between gods.  In the end it is an entertaining issue, which fuels the interest in the resolution of this story, but it still feels like it could have been done a bit better.