zeeguy91's Wonder Woman #9 - The Dearly Beloved review

Love Me, Love Me Not

Its very rare that what is essentially a filler issue gets me so excited and leaves me with a feeling of absolute contentment, but that is basically what happened here. I continue to be amazed at the quality of writing that's being churned out by Azzarello on this title. In this issue, we see a further exploration into the pantheon of gods that populate Wonder Woman's world and, at the same time, we discover a little bit about Hades' character. Who would have thought the ruler of the underworld could have a sensitive side, which sort of brings us to the awesomeness of the ending scene. Now, I won't spoil it for anyone, you just have to read to find out. Trust me, this is a fantastic issue.

However, the only thing that stopped me from giving this a perfect 5/5 is the art. Now, Akins is by no means bad as a fill in artist, but at the same time, he's no Cliff Chiang. The way that some of the panels and characters were drawn did give me somewhat of a "cartoony" feeling, one that I didn't necessarily like. So, I am going to have to deduct half a point for that. However, I still can't wait for the next issue and I can't wait for Cliff to come back on for regular art duties.