razzatazz's Wonder Woman #6 - Love and Murder, Part 1 review

Fun house

As opposed to other issues in the relaunch which have made references to Wonder Woman publication past, this one sort of takes a "breaking the fourth wall" approach in discussing Diana's place in the DC universe.  First of all  the Wonder Woman milkshake has been discontinued in lieu of a Black Canary milkshake at a fast food stand Diana and Tom go to, and then when looking at superhero memorabilia Diana notices how Wonder Woman items are on sale and Tom explains that people just don't like her as much as Superman and Batman.  Meanwhile Diana shows up as Wonder Woman to save some people's lives just in time and another sort of joke is made about her being a feminist icon.  The issue wraps up fairly well with the return of Circe (from all the way back in ... two issues ago) and promises an interesting next issue.

Posted by greenlight1107
 For whatever reason, This beautiful feminist icon of the American popular culture may have gotten lost in the mix. Perhaps many see Wonder Woman as too “old school,” no longer relevant in a world among such kick-as#s, girl-power heroines as Buffy, the Birds of Prey, Electra, and of course Black Canary.
Posted by RazzaTazz
@greenlight1107: I dont agree, I think she is more relevant now than ever.  Of course i have only reviewed 60% of all Wonder Woman issues so what do I know :P?
Posted by greenlight1107
A perfect example of what I was saying about Wonder Women would be how NBC just passed on the series pilot. The new Wonder Women series that was promised for this fall. Despite promises of a new costume featuring Adrianne Palicki this show quickly tanked.
Posted by RazzaTazz
@greenlight1107: I guess so, but then again she is the only female superhero that people even considered giving a series to.
Posted by SC

Oh you are reading these issues now! Coolness! These were my first WW issues read! Memories!

Posted by RazzaTazz
@SC: Yup working on them !
Posted by SC
@RazzaTazz:  These are like still rather fresh in my memory, I can actually discuss the finer details of issues with you *smile*  Can't wait for your reviews (well, more than usual)