razzatazz's Wonder Woman #35 - Birds of Paradise, Part Two: Cradle to Grave review

Two daughters

As a follow on to the last issue, here we have some more mindless fun.  As we learned last issue Kane's daughter is back and looking for revenge against Diana who she blames for his death.  The issue basically breaks out into a fight between these two on one hand and Dinah and the rest of the meta-brawlers on the other hand.  The issue is well paced and both Diana's and Dinah's resolution to the fighting is completely in character.  Again the fourth wall is kind of broken with references to DC comics collectibles and more comments about fan-favourites.  The only slightly deeper moments were the juxtaposition of the two women fighting each other, both with thoughts of being a daughter on their minds.  Just like the previous issue this is not particularly noteworthy but it is entertaining enough.

Other reviews for Wonder Woman #35 - Birds of Paradise, Part Two: Cradle to Grave

Girl Power =D 0

Review:  The conversations between Diana and Dianh was really entertaining, I liked Dianh's carefree personality while Diana is still formal and all. They go into a cage fight with a bunch of supervillians while get info on the whereabouts of Dr. Psycho. There Diana fights a pissed off Goddess Pele whos father was murdered by Diana for his crimes, but was later forgiven. The conclusion was Nemesis handing back the staff (that hippolyta gave to him as a member of the Amazons) to Diana, ending the...

Lots of Action/Drama Doesn't Always Mean A Lot of Impact 0

Part Two of this two part story was much better than the last, but I still seem to be disillusioned by the team of Simone and Lopresti (and have been for the last few issues). For the most part, I enjoyed the conversation between Wonder Woman and Black Canary, who no longer comes off as a bubble head (compared to last issue).   A definite point of interest for the story is Diana’s coming to terms with her current situation after she has rejected her beliefs and heritage of the Amazons.   Both ...