razzatazz's Wonder Woman #20 - Who Killed Myndi Mayer? review

Off course

If I have one critique of the Perez run its issues like this, where Diana is forced to learn something knew about the outside world which she can't really understand.  Her publicist Myndi Mayer has been found dead, and Diana helps to determine who killed her.  In the end there is a bit of a twist (spoiler ahead) that Myndi actually killed herself with a drug overdose.  This is an interesting issue in a sense in that it sort of continues on a theme which Perez has been running with about how celebrity corrupts, but I felt the implementation of it here was a little off.  As in a previous Perez issue I am not such a big fan of the incorporation of the police report into the story.  It makes it seem to clunky and makes for too much unnecessary reading.  That having been said this issue was ok, but Perez did better work with the celebrity concept a few issues previous with the Silver Swan story, and would cover suicide a lot better a couple of years later.