razzatazz's Wonder Woman #16 - Family Reaches review

With swords in your hands

This is a tricky series at the moment.  When things develop which are initially seemingly poorly conceived the writer turns around in the following issue and gives them more strength and bearing.  An excellent example of this is the battle with Orion and the interaction with Milan.  Once Milan's special gift (and curse) is revealed it fits into the overall story much better than I could have imagined.  And so while the action with the First Born seems irrelevant and even out of context for the story as a whole, it does give me some hope that it will be turned into something worthwhile and interesting.  The search for Zola's baby has intensified as well here from the perspective of the reader as Milan's revelation is more surprising than what was previously being led up to.  This issue gets a bit more momentum back into the series after a sequence of issues which while well executed, did not advance the story as much.

Other reviews for Wonder Woman #16 - Family Reaches

Out With the Old Gods In With The New 0

I love the cover to this issue it looks like something for a Dario Argento film.This issue gave a lot of updates, and some familiar faces. Wonder Woman and Lennox are trying to track down the Zola's baby. After a spat breaks out and is resolved, Milan uses his maggot eyes and telepathic files to track down the baby. We find out the baby is more important than it seems.We also get some action in the Arctic with The First Born fighting giant ice monsters (don't tell Thor). This was a great sequenc...

Wonder Woman #16 Rating 0

Cover & Solicit - 3/5Would I pick-up or buy the comic based on the solicit or cover alone?Are the alternate covers appealing?Does the solicit and cover portray what happens in the issue?Do I like the artist's style on the cover?Art, Colors & Inking - 3/5- Weighted DoubleDo I personally like this artist's style?Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?If there are multiple artists do they blend well and not disturb the reading experience?Does the coloring/inking blend well w...