Follow

Wonder Man

Character » Wonder Man appears in 1798 issues.

Simon Williams was made into a being of pure ionic energy by Baron Zemo, becoming the impossibly powerful Wonder Man. Meant to aid the Masters of Evil in their campaign against the Avengers, Wonder Man found himself sympathizing with the heroes and joined their team instead. He has remained an Avengers mainstay ever since, despite his constant insecurities and battles with his own mortality.

Wonder Man's Future

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

I've been quietly happy with how Simon is being handled in Children's Crusade, not a big role, but quite a defining and positive take on the character. I may not necessarily like how Bendis writes him, but he is using him a little, and that basically means keeping him relevant in a way. Some new images of him out there though, makes me think he may have some stories cooking for 2011 eh? Anyway, this forum seems so quiet, so any opinions are welcome. What you think will happen, should happen, won't happen, who should be the one to make it happen, and why is his energy glow pink below...?!?

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#2  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

its light purple not pink : ) 

i wish he wouldve joined the Avengers again
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Its cause I changed the hue in photoshop LOL, now its more light purple, before it was Pixie Pink! Not that I mind pink, its actually my third favorite color, but I digress...  

I want him on an Avengers team too. With Ares and Blue Marvel would be great. Secret Avengers needs more powwaah!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Wonder Man should get a mini where he makes a Avengers movie after a superhero movie craze his the 616 Earth... 

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

One of the biggest problem with Simon is that no one seems to want to do anything with him

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

In some sort of unorthodox, weird, logical way, I sort of see your point there Emperor.  

I wish PAD could write another Wonder Man mini... so much Marvel movie stuff could be lampooned. 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

I'd like to see Wonder Man back on one of the Avengers teams.  I've always liked the character.
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By jayskee

i want him on the main team
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

The problem with Wonder Man is Marvel has never really seems to care about him..and now that the Avengers are just any random previous Avenger that Bendis wants on the team.I don't know what will become of him.He's also made it pretty clear he doesn't want to be one of them.They don't seem to care about any characters as of late only gimmicks so I could see him either being killed soon or being in limbo for a few years until they find something to do with him..with 0 explanation of where he's been or why he's been there.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

Wanda brought Simon back from the dead, I think it'll be up to him to redeem Wanda....hopefully.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " Wanda brought Simon back from the dead, I think it'll be up to him to redeem Wanda....hopefully. "

That would be cool, I have enjoyed his role in Children's Crusade so far and hope him and Wanda both get treated as well in latter issues. 
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

in the first avengers arc when steve has all the team together in the tower he says that there not all here and he really wished he had showed up, is he talking about Wonder Man?

geodoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By geodoc

A mini where he continues his struggle with the avengers is a thought.

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By frischdvh

Wonder Man is to Marvel as Captain Marvel is to DC. The character can never get a break and is always seen as a second rate Superman. I think Perez and Buseik did him justice in the Avengers relaunch, but little else has been good. Shame too, I love the character.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Aw I hope they dont kill him or turn him bad, there is very few Marvel heavy hitters that I care about but WM is one of them

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think they could give him a mini with Peter David where he examines all the movies being made of superheroes. I mean, Marvel 616 should be having movie fever too, and Simon should be first choice for so many roles. 

LOL, imagine a mini where Wonder Man has to dye his hair and grow it long and use his ionic manipulation to bulk up to Thor height to play Thor in a Thor movie. 0_0

Simon needs to hang out with Johnny Cage more... punching people in the groin! Imagine that with class 100 plus strength... 
    A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By A_O_N

I feel he would be more interesting as a villain.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By Kallarkz
    I would like to at least see this character in Fear Itself.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuasarPrime

WM seems to be lost in the shuffle of all the other super-strong characters and none of his unique abilities stand out.  That, combined with poor writing by writers who don't know or understand the character really makes a mess of SImon.  It is a shame to waste such a good character. 

While Simon could be on the wrong side and do well there, I don't think truly that his heart would be in it.  He is a hero deep down, even if he can't admit it.  He is humble and shy.  Maybe after a brief dance with the dark side, bring Simon back into the light with his powers at their peak, and a new costume to celebrate!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.