Wonder Man: Who actually likes this guy?

• 112 results
#1 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Title says it all

#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

He ight

#3 Posted by Edamame (28397 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

#4 Posted by WhatJ (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I do

#5 Posted by Preacherl2k (437 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked Wonder Man, I'll admit it--- hmmm mabye it was the fact that he and the Scarlet Witch had a relationship going???

#6 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio

The lack of responses seems to answer the question...

#7 Posted by Kalel-Elguezabal (7 posts) - - Show Bio

he is just another lame overpowered superhero with nothing going for himself.

#8 Posted by Jake Fury (19234 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked him in the original West Coast Avengers. I honestly haven't read much of his later stuff.
#9 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio

I forgot I made this but yet it is still the latest forum topic concerning him, I think I have my answer.

#10 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

im neutral on this subject

#11 Posted by NightFang (10271 posts) - - Show Bio

I keep think He's Wonder Womans brother or something.

#12 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice: Carol does! 

#13 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio

No she likes spidey now

#14 Edited by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't.

#15 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

I do.

#16 Posted by joshmightbe (24761 posts) - - Show Bio

sometimes i do sometimes i dont

#17 Posted by Caligula (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't mind him

#18 Posted by KA-THOOM (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Hes aight

#19 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man is well-groomed, fashionable, wealthy, charismatic, and famous.

I can't think of a single reason to like him.  The man out-Summers Summers.

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him, he just jobs way too much. Also, he has NEVER had a decent costume.

#21 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Really? I always liked this one.

#22 Posted by gui22 (360 posts) - - Show Bio
@WhatJ said:
"  I do "

#23 Posted by Psi-Fire (973 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him.
#24 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" No she likes spidey now "
What really? Why do you say that? I though MJ and Black Cat were back... really Carol likes the Spidey???? Give me issues, and scans!
#25 Posted by Manchine (4185 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man has always been cool since the West Coast Avengers.
#26 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio
@Calvin: 
In Siege: Spider-Man, she acknowledges that she likes him, but the first hints of their semi-courtship were reference in Reed's Ms Marvel #34 and #47. 

He helps her in exchange for a date, which she begrudgingly accepts. Later though, they have a good time together. 

Siege: Spider-Man was great and the only part of the entire Siege run worth reading.
#27 Posted by Calvin (3479 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"@Calvin:  In Siege: Spider-Man, she acknowledges that she likes him, but the first hints of their semi-courtship were reference in Reed's Ms Marvel #34 and #47.   He helps her in exchange for a date, which she begrudgingly accepts. Later though, they have a good time together.   Siege: Spider-Man was great and the only part of the entire Siege run worth reading. "

I saw them in the annual and in her title when she promissed to go on a date with him, but never saw anything more happening   

(Last pic I change the Spider-man's ballon xD )

Wanna "team-up"?

"Hey! Get off my date!"

"I'm going to crush that kid!!"

"Don't your feet get sweaty?"

#28 Posted by IrishX (2468 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man is cool. He just needs a bigger role and cooler costume. He was created to take on the entire Avengers team including Thor but he's never been put on the level he deserves.
#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" No she likes spidey now "
No..Spidey likes HER now.
#30 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  ummmmmmmmmmmm Caring?
#31 Posted by Preacherl2k (437 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey give the guy some credit - he's dated Wanda AND Carol SOMEBODY at Marvel has to like him.......

#32 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked his early-to-mid 90's stuff, especially around the Kree-Skrull war events.  I haven't honestly read comics since about then, so I can't say anything about his more modern stuff.  But as a teenager, yeah, I thought his character was pretty cool.
#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" @Vance Astro:  ummmmmmmmmmmm Caring? "
Now in English....
#34 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: If you can't read that, you should not have skipped english class.
#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" @Vance Astro: If you can't read that, you should not have skipped english class. "
I can read it.It's not a complete sentence so I have no idea what it means.
#36 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: It means I don't care for your petty, patronizing corrections, so find something better to do with your time. I really don't care.
#37 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" @Vance Astro: It means I don't care for your petty, patronizing corrections, so find something better to do with your time. I really don't care. "
I wasn't being patronizing.Ms.Marvel doesn't reall have any interest in Spider-Man.They are friends.Spider-Man likes her and asked for a date.If you don't care that's fine but you can't stop me from saying it.
#38 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

Steve Rogers does...thats about it

#39 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@spiderguylll said:
" Steve Rogers does...thats about it "
And Beast.
#40 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:@Vance Astro said:

" @Red_Justice said:

" @Vance Astro: It means I don't care for your petty, patronizing corrections, so find something better to do with your time. I really don't care. "
I wasn't being patronizing.Ms.Marvel doesn't reall have any interest in Spider-Man.They are friends.Spider-Man likes her and asked for a date.If you don't care that's fine but you can't stop me from saying it. "
#41 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
No..Spidey likes HER now. "
#42 Edited by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: If a girl says "shut up" (in that context) it means she likes you, but is embarrassed about it, I never thought I would have to explain something like this on a thread.
#43 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to like him. Specially back in the day where he was trying to be a hero but was always concerned about his own death. When Wanda brought him back was interesting but sometime around Civil War I stopped liking him. And now he seems like kinda a jerk being against the formation of the Avengers.

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" I like him, he just jobs way too much. Also, he has NEVER had a decent costume. "

I liked his glowy purple energy form
#44 Edited by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:

" @Vance Astro: If a girl says "shut up" (in that context) it means she likes you, but is embarrassed about it, I never thought I would have to explain something like this on a thread. "

You don't have to explain it.I know what it means. 

EDIT:I wasn't saying she didn't like him but that he initiated all the"liking" had he not expressed liking her along with trying to team up with her on several occasions out of the blue even when she was On Tony's Mighty Avengers and tried to arrest him..is what started all of this.
#45 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said: 
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" I like him, he just jobs way too much. Also, he has NEVER had a decent costume. "
I liked his glowy purple energy form "
So did I.
#46 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: This is a ridiculous topic to be discussing on a Wonderman thread and who initiated the attraction is irrelevant.
#47 Edited by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:

" @Vance Astro: This is a ridiculous topic to be discussing on a Wonderman thread and who initiated the attraction is irrelevant. "

Yea it is,because you corrected the guy who posted the pic of Ms.Marvel kissing Wonderman and said "No,She likes Spidey now" when she won't even admit it.She not only admitted to liking Wonder Man..she slept with him.If it had not been for Secret Invasion and Dark Reign...Carol and Wonder Man would still be together and he didn't have to follow her like a fanboy.
#48 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  
Your forgetting this isn't real, it's fantasy, Wonderman and Carol aren't together because because the writers decided to break them up, if the writers had wanted, they could have found a way to keep them together.But if you want to look at the story as real well...If Wonderman had a full face-mask on (hiding his good looks) and wasn't a movie star, he would probably have needed the persistence that Spidey employed, or as you call it  "  follow her like a fanboy".
#49 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
@Red_Justice said:
" @Vance Astro:  
Your forgetting this isn't real, it's fantasy, Wonderman and Carol aren't together because because the writers decided to break them up, if the writers had wanted, they could have found a way to keep them together.But if you want to look at the story as real well...If Wonderman had a full face-mask on (hiding his good looks) and wasn't a movie star, he would probably have needed the persistence that Spidey employed, or as you call it  "  follow her like a fanboy".
"
I know this isn't real, but I can't deny the obvious.There was no actual break-up.Wonder Man didn't want to be an Avenger any more thus keeping him away from Carol.They never actually ended their relationship,so it's obvious she would have no reason to still not like him.Even though he's being a total d#ck in Avengers #1.
#50 Posted by growup (523 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: OMG I just thought of a reason....she likes Spidey now, I don't seem to remember the venom symbiote mentioning wonderman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.