Is Wonder Man Dying ???

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1254 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey I have some questions about Wonder Man. 1) Is he dying? Because in one comic it said that Simon was "leaking" ionic energy. Simon appeared to be dematerializing. He looked sickly, lost hair, and acted and spoke irrationally, suggesting that something was seriously wrong with Wonder Man. 2) If Wonder man is not dying then is he going to turn into a bad guy?
#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this from the current Avengers series? Since Bendis is writing it, there's a 90% chance Simon will become a villain at some point, only to be defeated anti-climatically by someone much weaker than him.  

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Man has died more often than Jean Grey so at this point killing him isn't even surprising 

#4 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Is this from the current Avengers series? Since Bendis is writing it, there's a 90% chance Simon will become a villain at some point, only to be defeated anti-climatically by someone much weaker than him.  

I see what you did there. Siege.
#5 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5446 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: Seems you have the foreshadowing ability.....
#6 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:
It's called "The Shining". 
#7 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery said:
Oh, Jesus....did that actually happen?
#8 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5446 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: lol.....you know, I have yet to watch/read that in it's entirety..... 
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon: seems it's on the way to that outcome :(
#9 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery: Movie is better than the book. Don't bother with the book. 
#10 Posted by Morgaine_Levesque (2095 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5446 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123: thanks, I can't keep a book open that long anyways..... 
@Morgaine_de_Bourbon: Don't I know it, I missed half of Daredevils run thanks to him :(
#12 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Donovan Montgomery: @Morgaine_de_Bourbon: @InnerVenom123
Yes. Called it :P I knew Bendis would do that again. The guy doesn't have an original thought in his head. 

Also;

Redrum.
#13 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt: HEEEEEERE'S JOHNNY! 
#14 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't followed Wonder Man in a long time, but the leaking energy he has done before.  And wasn't one of the times when Count Nefaria was like lurching off his ionic energies?  Maybe the Count has risen again and is Ionic Vampiring poor ole Simon?
#15 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (81 posts) - - Show Bio

This guy was one of my favorites back in the early 90's, so I'm curious as to whether or not there's been any plot developments beyond what's in the wiki with this whole de-ionizing and turning into a bad guy plot.

#16 Posted by Paracelsus (1651 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm- haven't followed Wonder Man for some time, but as he has returned from seeming death at least twice(NO religious allusions here please!), I am beginning to think that in addition to being functionally immortal,he is virtually indestructible( or at least can only be destroyed by a force equal to a multitonned nuclear weapon)!

Terry

#17 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't came up to date with wonder woman lately. i'd hope not.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.